It took 2 seconds

After reaching Level 20, I decided to look in my ‘armor garage’ to see what customizations options I had.

Almost none.

So, for the first time, I scrolled through the Battle Pass to see when - if ever - I would unlock some armor options. I literally laughed out loud when I saw that there’s maybe 3 or 4 ‘free’ armor options across all 100 BP levels for Season 1.

I considered for a moment whether I should spend the $10 to get the BP. That consideration lasted 2 seconds.

Why?

Because while $10 is chump change considering I play Halo almost exclusively, I refuse to sanction this monetization scheme with my money. Genuine props to you if you’re willing to participate (reasonable minds can differ), but 343 won’t get a dime from me for the life of this game.

Guaranteed.

51 Likes

Regardless of monetization, I would have bought the battle pass as generally contains 100 levels of cool unlockables to obtain…

…Until I realized half the battlepass is xp boosts and challenge swaps. lmao feels like a waste of 10$

27 Likes

not a dime in 10 years? I’ll take that bet.

10 Likes

Unfortunately I thought the Mk. VII armor looks like garbage and can’t stand the default AI voices so I found myself forced to buy the BP to unlock the Mk. V [B] armor and the LUMU AI. They’re banking on whales and people like me who are very particular about what they like and don’t like.

6 Likes

Yes really. I won’t spend a dime either. The only thing I’ll spend on is add-ons like in destiny. Campaign and the such. Not a dime in the store or battle pass ever.

3 Likes

Yep. XP boosts to help boost your XP so that you can get another XP boost to boost your XP. Redundant

9 Likes

Wouldn’t recommend it. I’m a very patient and petty man lol.

4 Likes

Agree, i have regret to spand 10$ for a battle pass because i can not get the rewards from playing game for fun

3 Likes

I mean, look at what 10 dollars gets you in the shop.

2 knives.

Two…Knives.

15 Likes

As of this evening, I’ve given up on the MP. I don’t even care about progression, EXP, or cosmetics.

It’s just not fun.

8 Likes

The price gouging for individual pieces is really what boils my piss. Although I’d love additional armor in the $10 and free battle pass sections, it’s so annoying that plain red or blue is $7-8, two little knives are $10, a katana belt is $15, and you have to pay IN A STORE BUNDLE to unlock the shoulder pieces from some of the kits IN THE BATTLE PASS. Hell, even the default knife on your chest from Reach is set to be a store item.

If you slashed the prices by 50% I would probably buy much more stuff, but I guess that doesn’t make up for the whales who already drop a crap ton of money on the game.

2 Likes

I was able to redeem my Microsoft points to get a free 10$ gift card and I used 1$ more to buy the battle pass (It costs 11$ here). If it wasn’t for that I wouldn’t have bought it.

1 Like

I saved my Microsoft points for a year to buy this game outright at $60. After seeing the monetization scheme in Infinite, I just bought a bunch of other games during the Black Friday sales instead.

I’ll use a code to get some Game Pass for the campaign, but I’m committed to giving 343 nothing for this game.

Halo is dead.

6 Likes

Eheh, I don’t like any of the AI voices and lines much. The little cowardly one is funny at times but meh… but i am lucky that I learned to filter annoying ghost voices and lines over my destiny games.

1 Like

Honestly 50% is still way too expensive for what you are getting. Prices need to be dropped to 10% of what they are now.

2 Likes

All I gotta say is :
It’s one thing to charge 10 bucks and give us a whole set of legacy armor pieces (for this season, it’s from Reach)
and it’s another to charge us 10 bucks and proceed to sell the other legacy armor pieces in the store.

Like seriously 343, why am I buying a Season pass where 40% of the unlocks are Challenge Swaps but you can’t just put those armors you are selling in the store in here?

I want only one thing regarding Season Passes going forward :
If the pass focuses on unlocks of a certain armor core, you had better put EVERYTHING related to that armor core inside this Season Pass. Don’t pull a stunt and have some unlocks through the PAID season pass then put the rest in the Store on limited sale.

I’m also going further to say this :
JUST HAVE MK7 ARMORS FOR F2P UNLOCKS. DON’T BS AND SELL THE OTHER HALF OF THE MK7 COLLECTION AS LIMITED STORE SALES.

At least this will give F2P players the entire MK7 collection to play with, and will justify making us pay the Season Pass to get legacy armors like Reach armor, H2 Armor, H3 Armor and H4 Armor.

TLDR : Armor on sale needs to stop being a thing. If you wanna put armor on sale, I’d much rather you just scratch the entire Season Pass and have a full fledge cosmetic store.

3 Likes

I agree with this entirely. This move felt like a slap in the face. Selling reach armor in the store for the price of the BP is so overvalued. Just selling it in the store at all is such a shady thing to do.

3 Likes

it makes CoD Cold war… a game made by the greediest company of activition/treyark have a LEAGUES better BP. at least the free stuff gave decent stuff and in game currency. there was really only two wasted slots being the free weapon bases. whiles Infinite, as you mentioned, 40/100 of the pass is challenge swaps…almost half is FILLER. WHAT WERE 343 DOING IN 6 YEARS?! the worst part is, is they clearly, CLEARLY, have the models and rigging for other REACH ARMOR, on the bots and now in the shop. and YET they don’t put them in the REACH THEMED BP, and in a different paywall… thanks moneysoft/343, money grubbing -Yoink!-

1 Like

I’d much rather have Dinklebot than any of the AIs in Infinite so far!

I’d probably pay for it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I feel armor should be free while XP boosts and challenge swaps should cost.

2 Likes