"It takes away knowledge advantage"

In the most recent podcast, they literally come out and say that the random weapon drops: “take away that knowledge advantage”. LMAO.

I remember when you used to be able to out-smart your opponent in Halo. Those days are gone my friends. They literally say it gives the noobs a better chance against the everyday player. Why do we all have to be equal?!?!?!?!?!?!

[deleted]

The weapons will drop randomly as “ordinance”, i.e. if you’re in the wrong spot at the wrong time it’s going to drop on your head and kill you.

I can already picture that being my 1 death in a Perfection game.

> The weapons will drop randomly as “ordinance”, i.e. if you’re in the wrong spot at the wrong time it’s going to drop on your head and kill you.
>
> I can already picture that being my 1 death in a Perfection game.

The random weapon spawn will have set locations like KotH. It will notify you when the weapon is inbound. I thought the weapon drop was completely random and unknown, but have since found out otherwise.

Keeping a timer of when power weapons will respawn =/= outsmarting your opponent.

Also, like they said, there’s plenty of indicators of when Ordinance is dropping. If you die and lose a Perfection because of it, you deserved it.

nade spam in the ordinate drop area is gonna be epic lol

You will always find something to complain about, won’t you? I like the idea.

> nade spam in the ordinate drop area is gonna be epic lol

I don’t see how this is any different than camping for rockets to come up.

Saying that the “Knowledge Advantage” is gone is completely right!
It shouldnt come down to who has played a map more and has memorised the timings of weapon respawns. All this means is that everyones on a level playing field… i thought thats what people wanted?!
I get very confused what makes people happy on these boards sometimes. Now, he who is best wins! YAAAAY!

> You will always find something to complain about, won’t you? I like the idea.

We’ll see how it plays out. It can’t be worse than Reach… =)

> Keeping a timer of when power weapons will respawn =/= outsmarting your opponent.

It does when both teams are timing and making coordinated pushes for the power weapon.

weapon knowledge advantage? haha that made me laugh,you have to be an idiot if you dont know where the weapon lie,play every map 3 times and you’ll know all the places,who doesnt,really has no brain or is just an idiot

I feel like if i disagree again my head is going to be expose and taken off by sniper fire.

Screw it, i got respawns.

Every player is armed with this knowledge however, it does not guarantee that a team has control. As soon as players are altered, its time to go into push and control mode.

I personally feel it doesn’t matter because like it’s been proven countless times, the better team will always win and ensure that these random weapon drops (actually pre determined locations but random each time similar to KOH) are far from the clutches of noobs. It’s not like the weapons just spawn (without warning) in front of a random player. We’ll know well in advance where to go.

Sure you can say it helps the casuals and well, it does as far as eliminating that rather small barrier of memorization of timers and what not. Some players just don’t want to do that but still want to contribute and this feature cuts to the chase.

What it doesn’t do however, is be so beneficial where the better team is in a losing position. Being armed with knowledge is one thing, utilizing it and executing are an entire different two concepts where better aim, map movement comes into play. The better team is already at a advantage just by being better.

I just really hope that the initial rush for power weapons (yes the power weapons will spawn at start of the match. After wards we deal with the new system) stays in Halo 4.

This is just going off of what we know so far from the Sparkast, so it’s just speculation on my part and all this could change. I am just trying to have an open mind about this whole thing.

> Saying that the “Knowledge Advantage” is gone is completely right!
> It shouldnt come down to who has played a map more and has memorised the timings of weapon respawns. All this means is that everyones on a level playing field… i thought thats what people wanted?!
> I get very confused what makes people happy on these boards sometimes. Now, he who is best wins! YAAAAY!

I disagree. That simply means I am more of a veteran/more familiar than an unexperienced player.

At the rate this franchise is going, in Halo 5 n00bs will probably all spawn with rockets. Good players get AR’s.

another incentive to camp areas

> In the most recent podcast, they literally come out and say that the random weapon drops: “take away that knowledge advantage”. LMAO.
>
> I remember when you used to be able to out-smart your opponent in Halo. Those days are gone my friends. They literally say it gives the noobs a better chance against the everyday player. Why do we all have to be equal?!?!?!?!?!?!

Knowledge =/= intelligence OR skill

Knowledge is: those players, who may not even be good at Halo, but have played it for so long, they know the spawn locations of weapons on all the maps, and can then take them easily while people new to the game, who might actually play better than these “veterans”, are unfairly disadvantaged because they’re new.

NOT equal to intelligence or skill. A player new to Halo might play smarter or more skillfully then an entire enemy team, but because that team just happens to have played long enough to know where all the weapons spawn, the skilled newbie still gets trashed unfairly, just because he hasn’t played long enough.

I support the weapons drop idea, as long as it retains balanced skill/intelligence.

There are COUNTLESS amounts of games where my team was losing, and because of our familiarity with the game/map we knew when rockets were coming up, and that would give us a chance. Therefore we set-up, controlled the map, obtained rockets, and won.

I don’t see anything wrong with that?

I’m open-minded. And I’ll still play it. I just don’t see how having a big ORDINANCE ALERT or RED X on an incoming drop pod is better? Now we have a rush fest to what potentially could be an AR sitting in a pod.

I honestly think camping with that will be more of an issue than what we have now.

The spawn points are pre-determined, just that their order is random. Good teams will setup to best take advantage of the majority of spawn points. I don’t see what’s wrong with having to improvise a little as the match goes on. The initial spawnpoints are pre-determined so the openly should always be the game, just that later in the game you’ll get more dynamic gameplay. Will it suck when the enemy is given a spawn closer to them even though you have most of the map locked down? Sure, it will be extremely annoying. In the LONG RUN, will skilled players still win a large majority of the time over less skilled players? Yes.

> Now we have a rush fest to what potentially could be an AR sitting in a pod.

No, I’m pretty sure they’re power weapons only, similar to drop pods in firefight.

Here is a post I made on my thread about this yesterday.

I’ll try to explain it one more time in a simpler way this time. I say that knowing when a PW spawns isn’t a “skill” per say, but a knowledge one has of the game. If you have that knowledge while another person doesn’t you have the greater advantage, because you may be able to grab the PW uncontested. This is just another way that depth can be added to the game. If someone doesn’t know the spawn time then it is at their disadvantage, and rightfully so. It is fair that the person with the knowledge would get the PW over the one who doesn’t.

Now when both people have the knowledge of the spawn times is when there is a fight over the PW. This is when the combat skill comes into play, and the higher skilled person usually wins this battle.

But let’s say the lower skilled person knows the spawn time while the higher skilled player doesn’t. When the PW is up the lesser player knowingly makes his way to it, while the higher player is about doing other things. Who deserves the weapon? The lesser player, because he had to for-knowledge to grab the PW. Knowing when it drops and fighting over it afterwards are two different things.

Now that it is being announced to everyone, the factor of knowledge is absolete because everyone will know and go for it. Then it just comes down to the greater skilled player/team usually being the ones that get the PW.

So you see, by changing the system they are taking away an advantage that can be earned outside of pure combat skill. The old way the lesser player could rightfully win over the greater because he had an advantage over him. Now though, it all comes down to who can kill who. And don’t go all “That’s what Halo is” because it’s not entirely. There are other elements within the game besides merely killing people.

I really hope everyone understands this.

They did say that at the beginning of the match, power weapons will be on the map immediately.

They did some playtesting with no power weapons on the map to start, and they said everyone just ran to the middle of the maps and threw nades. LOL.