It seems that nearly everyone that plays reach anymore is a bunch of immature jerks

I was just playing premium slayer for a match or two, cause i felt like playing DLC. Anyway, 4 people on my team quit. We got matched up against a group of 6 (we were all randoms) for some flipping reason. To make matters worse, they had an inheritor, nova, etc. Anyway, after they quit, me and my remaining teammate got spawntrapped, for stupid obvious reasons, and the fact that highlands has a limited amount of powerweapons doesn’t help. anyway, after the match I said GG, nice spawntrap. Because, I mean, i just be saying it as it was.
And the response? “Yea, you would have done it too if you had a full group, so stop B***hing, azzhat.”
First of all, I don’t spawn trap, its just not my thing. Second of all, that was just a stupid rude thing to say.
Well im freaking tired of it. Not sure if its what the community wanted, but its succeeding in chasing away long time halo players. I’m selling reach at the next possible oppertunity (next time i go by a gamestop).

Simple solution. Mute everyone else in the game, and don’t talk to them. And can’t you set your preferences to polite people? For now, I say keep the game. At least until Anniversary. See if you can play with some long-time Halo fans on those long-time classic maps.

Bit of advice on this matter be the better man and just ignore them. They no nothing else other than video games so I say give Reach another chance and just block then players. We have all been through it it just matters if you can block them out and laugh at their stupidity or if you take the things they are saying as offence. Hope this helps at all.

It feels like I’m the only person who played other Halo’s and still play reach.

> Simple solution. Mute everyone else in the game, and don’t talk to them. And can’t you set your preferences to polite people? For now, I say keep the game. At least until Anniversary. See if you can play with some long-time Halo fans on those long-time classic maps.

I try.
Still doesn’t solve the problems with intentional betrayers, boosters, quitters, etc

Ive played every Halo, it’s the only games ive ever owned. Reach is my least favorite of all of them and the community definitely seems to be getting more “childish” or rude for no reason. Don’t really know why but I hope it starts feeling like old Halo again soon.

> I was just playing premium slayer for a match or two, cause i felt like playing DLC. Anyway, 4 people on my team quit. We got matched up against a group of 6 (we were all randoms) for some flipping reason. To make matters worse, they had an inheritor, nova, etc. Anyway, after they quit, me and my remaining teammate got spawntrapped, for stupid obvious reasons, and the fact that highlands has a limited amount of powerweapons doesn’t help. anyway, after the match I said GG, nice spawntrap. Because, I mean, i just be saying it as it was.
> And the response? “Yea, you would have done it too if you had a full group, so stop B***hing, azzhat.”
> First of all, I don’t spawn trap, its just not my thing. Second of all, that was just a stupid rude thing to say.
> Well im freaking tired of it. Not sure if its what the community wanted, but its succeeding in chasing away long time halo players. I’m selling reach at the next possible oppertunity (next time i go by a gamestop).

Welcome to world, people are azses, that just life unfortunately. =(. The solution is just quit when you lose that many players. Its not worth your KD or your time.

Oh yea, another thing thats pointless. the match still goes to my KD ratio when my teammates quit and I don’t want to.
Oh yea, and people that take vehicles when they know they don’t know how to use them.
Oh yea, and power weapon campers.
Oh yea, and the stupid amount of power weapons on every map.
Oh yea, I could go on all day.
And this isn’t a first. I tried coping with this for months. I just now realized that why should I play a game in which the other players think its funny to waste my time.

May I suggest Gears of War 3? It is a great respite from the never-ending NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, DAS IMPOSSIBRU that Reach gave me.

OT: I don’t know any other game that had players call me a female dog.

I’ve played many games over many years, and I have yet to find a community that isn’t full of immaturity. It’s just a part of gaming. You get numb to it after a while. At this point, I actually enjoy the idiots who play Halo because it entertains me a bit.

Welcome to life…

Here is a good solution. Send them a messege saying that their mom is a -Yoink!-, and then block them so they cant do anything about it. Make sure you say " Get blocked -Yoink-" lol

> Here is a good solution. Send them a messege saying that their mom is a -Yoink!-, and then block them so they cant do anything about it. Make sure you say " Get blocked Yoink!" lol

thats a mature solution.

> I’ve played many games over many years, and I have yet to find a community that isn’t full of immaturity. It’s just a part of gaming. You get numb to it after a while. At this point, I actually enjoy the idiots who play Halo because it entertains me a bit.

^^This. There are MUCH worse communites out there for online gaming . The WoW community and the CS community are worse than the Halo community from my experience. WoW community for being super elitist based on your gear/class/level(OMFG random PUG nightmares!!!), and the CS community is basically like the Halo community only more elitist and annoying(EVERYONE TYPES LIKE THIS DUDE). I have heard CoD is the worst for shooters but I have too little experience too confirm that, but yeah people in Halo just trashtalk alot and act kind of crazy. However I must say with H3+Reach the community has gotten worse. In Halo 2 the community was awesome and there were always custom games and new clans forming for anyone who wanted to join there seems to be less friendly people in the community nowadays and more screaming kids. But, the awesomeness of those gaming communties much outweighs the negatives, I am sure you can find a way to silence the idiots(muting maybe?) and I am sorry dude but I dont know why you feel the need to tell everyone here about something we have all probably experienced its not a big deal unless you want it to be,

This is the greatness of the online community sigh

> > Here is a good solution. Send them a messege saying that their mom is a -Yoink!-, and then block them so they cant do anything about it. Make sure you say " Get blocked Yoink!" lol
>
> thats a mature solution.

Fight fire with fire or in this case immaturity with immaturity, but any way I feel ya just a couple games ago I got killed and two of my team mates started to -Yoink!- my body and after the game I said good game to them and the only response I got was a squeaker playing some god-aweful rap song.