It seems like...

The people who actually liked Reach’s ranking system aren’t posting anything, so I will.

I like Halo Reach’s ranking system. Why? Because I was tired of having a number reset on me ever dam month (it seemed) so i gave up on MM, once i realized that my rank was resetting, i quit playing MM and moved onto custom games, look at my game history, over 3K custom games played, less then 1K MM games played.
With reach you got a cool title and your rank didn’t reset, your rank was based on POINTS you got for doing several things it didn’t matter if you lost the game or not, you got points for assist and that was cool, it counted towards your rank. I want to see Reach’s ranking system return in Halo 4, because Halo 3’s MM pissed me off to the point of not playing it at all.

I like to pretend I’m good at the game too.

Seriously. Visible Trueskill + Exp Rank = Problem Solved.

I havn’t played HALO 3, but if the arena system is anything like it than I’m glad we have REACH.

Someone doesn’t understand the concept of a ranking system.

Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.

i dont even know what to say lol. i guess a few people will agree with the op but the other 300,000 people like the choice of social and ranked. why even argue about this. if you dont want to play ranked you play social. if you want to rank up or down based on the teams performance you play ranked. it shouldnt even be discussed beyond that.

> I havn’t played HALO 3, but if the arena system is anything like it than I’m glad we have REACH.

It’s nothing like arena. OP sucks at halo, so his his rank went down. He calls that “resetting”

> I like to pretend I’m good at the game too.
>
> Seriously. Visible Trueskill + Exp Rank = Problem Solved.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Your ignorant.

> > I like to pretend I’m good at the game too.
> >
> > Seriously. Visible Trueskill + Exp Rank = Problem Solved.
>
> Your ignorant.

*You’re

I found the irony in your post . . .

Seriously though, how is a combined Trueskill/Exp ranking system ignorant?
Youve played the game for 3 months, you’re a brigadier, but your k/d is .75 so your ranking is a 10. A level 10 brigadier. What’s so bad about that? Unless you’re embarrassed by your rank I guess?

You don’t lose your rank in Halo: 3 every month; it’s not the arena from Reach.
Halo 3’s rank was based more on how well you played, not how much.

> > I havn’t played HALO 3, but if the arena system is anything like it than I’m glad we have REACH.
>
> It’s nothing like arena. OP sucks at halo, so his his rank went down. He calls that “resetting”

No, actually your wrong. I’m going to be nice about this, I played MM, got up to 40ish, went to custom games for a while, and when i got back into MM, guess what? My rank was reset. I’ve been playing halo since day 1, and I love where it’s gone.

Anybody who likes to use the argument “you suck at halo that’s why you don’t like the 1-50 system” is highly ignorant, I’ma good halo player, but i do not want my rank to be based on winning, I want it to be based on several things, and I believe having the “inheritor” title by your name is a lot -Yoinking!- cooler then 50.

> Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.

That was the first thing that popped in my head when I read the OP lol. I just started playing Halo 3 again and I still have my (terribad) trueskill rank that’s been there for months :stuck_out_tongue:

> Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.

Wrong.

Bungie did a mass reset on the ranks at least twice due to cheating/boosting to get to 50.

> > Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.
>
> Wrong.
>
> Bungie did a mass reset on the ranks at least twice due to cheating/boosting to get to 50.

I don’t remember that, but I know they did that in Halo 2.

> > Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.
>
> Wrong.
>
> Bungie did a mass reset on the ranks at least twice due to cheating/boosting to get to 50.

Lol That’s hilarious. Everyone suffers because of people that don’t know how to play the game. Sucks for those who still play halo 3 and had legit 50s xD.

> > > I havn’t played HALO 3, but if the arena system is anything like it than I’m glad we have REACH.
> >
> > It’s nothing like arena. OP sucks at halo, so his his rank went down. He calls that “resetting”
>
> No, actually your wrong. I’m going to be nice about this, I played MM, got up to 40ish, went to custom games for a while, and when i got back into MM, guess what? My rank was reset. I’ve been playing halo since day 1, and I love where it’s gone.
>
> Anybody who likes to use the argument “you suck at halo that’s why you don’t like the 1-50 system” is highly ignorant, I’ma good halo player, but i do not want my rank to be based on winning, I want it to be based on several things, and I believe having the “inheritor” title by your name is a lot -Yoinking!- cooler then 50.

It doesn’t say much about skill though. You could just boost to Inheritor w/o receiving a ban and it sure says nothing about how well they play.

> > > I havn’t played HALO 3, but if the arena system is anything like it than I’m glad we have REACH.
> >
> > It’s nothing like arena. OP sucks at halo, so his his rank went down. He calls that “resetting”
>
> No, actually your wrong. I’m going to be nice about this, I played MM, got up to 40ish, went to custom games for a while, and when i got back into MM, guess what? My rank was reset. I’ve been playing halo since day 1, and I love where it’s gone.
>
> Anybody who likes to use the argument “you suck at halo that’s why you don’t like the 1-50 system” is highly ignorant, I’ma good halo player, but i do not want my rank to be based on winning, I want it to be based on several things, and I believe having the “inheritor” title by your name is a lot -Yoinking!- cooler then 50.

So I was just kidding when I used brigadier and a k/d of .75 in my previous example, but then I clicked your service record and realized I wasn’t very far off . . . At all . . .

This is all about a kid who doesn’t like the fact that the game will rank him poorly based on his poor teamwork.

My fingers remain crossed that this can be the saving point of Halo matchmaking . . .

> > > Halo 3’s ranks didn’t reset.
> >
> > Wrong.
> >
> > Bungie did a mass reset on the ranks at least twice due to cheating/boosting to get to 50.
>
> I don’t remember that, but I know they did that in Halo 2.

Yeah.

They did it… Gods, I don’t know how many times in Halo 2, but I remember at least twice in Halo 3. And it was because of the two account boosting system that people were using that caused it (well, that was one of the reasons…).

I did find Halo 3 very frustrating. I remember I won seven games in a row just to go from lvl 26-27. I then proceeded to lose ONE game, and it reset back to level 26…

> > > I like to pretend I’m good at the game too.
> > >
> > > Seriously. Visible Trueskill + Exp Rank = Problem Solved.
> >
> > Your ignorant.
>
> *You’re
>
> I found the irony in your post . . .
>
> Seriously though, how is a combined Trueskill/Exp ranking system ignorant?
> Youve played the game for 3 months, you’re a brigadier, but your k/d is .75 so your ranking is a 10. A level 10 brigadier. What’s so bad about that? Unless you’re embarrassed by your rank I guess?

Again look at custom games. I’m going to make a forum post that will introduce a new alternative to Reach’s ranking system and Halo 3’s ranking system.