It just isn't up to Halo standards…..

The multiplayer is just not that addicting because it plays like a cheap copy cat of a Halo game. The animation, comic book washed out color palette, weak maps. I could deal with probably the graphics and colors but the bottom like is the gameplay just feels cheap. All previous Halo multiplayers felt so much tighter, crisper, and felt like the worlds had some mass. Now it honestly feels like Perfect Dark. Sprites jumping around and laggy. Hopefully they can clean up the lag a bit. I laugh on a BTB and I see a vehicle go flying by all choppy. It just looks so generic. It’s clear Bungie did not make the game. The assassination kills are just atari hilarious.

I can deal with all of the new “COD” like additions i.e. sprint, loadouts, weapon drops etc. but the core MP game just doesn’t play as good as a Halo game. I even went back to Reach to compare and Reach is superior in quality of mechanics.

It’s not the worst game every or necessarily bad EXCEPT when you compare it to a Halo standard or expectations. I also got COD and tried it last night. Same game with perhaps a little cleaner gameplay than previous years but nothing major changed. Hard to say what I might play more of but this winter might not have a compelling option. Hopefully they get some new MP maps soon at least because the Team Slayer maps are awful. BTB has maybe 2 that are decent. The rest are garbage with no distinct parts to even describe to teammates or try to control.

Hopefully Bungie’s next game will be a new franchise and will spring board the next xbox console. Halo 4 doesn’t set the franchise up well in the future. I don’t care how it sold, people know. The online population is already lowest ever a week out.

Enjoy the game as much as you can. But I expected, like many others, a better experience. Perhaps hoped, as I was suspect about the dev change. And boom goes the dynamite………

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

didnt bother reading, u hate it cuz yu blow chunks at it?

Nope. Great reply fearful nerd. I am decent at the game. Did I say I hated it?

I did too its just not well made at all. I thought they were taking it in the right direction with sprinting and stuff but I think the guys at 343 are nuts.

After going from the campaign to MP it feels like 343 just slapped it together and said “screw it, i’m tired and it’s friday let’s go home!”

> The animation, comic book washed out color palette

stopped reading right there. your arguments are invalid.

I find that entirely false, I find the mp incredibly addicting and fun, with both my friends or by myself.

Animations are just fine and look epic to me, and the maps are very beautiful and put together pretty well, unlike those putrid disgusting campaign rips from reach :smiley:

> > The animation, comic book washed out color palette
>
> stopped reading right there. your arguments are invalid.

Um…really? You mean to tell me that the red and blue teams of prior titles are not now the peach vs smurf team? and now the rest of my arguments, which were not arguments but observations, are invalid…ok. Thank you, ZombieFrogHorde.

> I find that entirely false, I find the mp incredibly addicting and fun, with both my friends or by myself.
>
> Animations are just fine and look epic to me, and the maps are very beautiful and put together pretty well, unlike those putrid disgusting campaign rips from reach :smiley:

very well thought out response…almost as good as I’m rubber and you’re glue. Anyway, the campaign seems fine but next time you play MP with both your friends, try doing it in split screen. Holy smokes it’s like Colecovision…

It’s just not up to “your” standards. Halo 4 is fine and doesnt need change. I isnt your game after all. 343i and Microsofts game.

I’ve found it pretty addicting so far.

Might be because none of my friends got Reach so I was essentially playing on my own.

I feel like the armor abilities and support upgrades provide ability to customize your spartant / change gameplay, so that MP has more staying power.

> I find that entirely false, I find the mp incredibly addicting and fun, with both my friends or by myself.
>
> Animations are just fine and look epic to me, and the maps are very beautiful and put together pretty well, unlike those putrid disgusting campaign rips from reach :smiley:

That’s correct.

I have to disgaree on animation and color.
Animation is best to date in Halo standard, far better than lazy ragdoll effect.
Same for color and art direction. See how beautiful background is while driving pelican

> > > The animation, comic book washed out color palette
> >
> > stopped reading right there. your arguments are invalid.
>
> Um…really? You mean to tell me that the red and blue teams of prior titles are not now the peach vs smurf team? and now the rest of my arguments, which were not arguments but <mark>observations</mark>, are invalid…ok. Thank you, ZombieFrogHorde.

So what? You are wrong nonetheless.

This multiplayer is the most entertaining that I’ve played since Halo 2. This -Yoink- is fun.

Bungie is a very special group of developers and Halo is a very special game.

Most of us had very high expectations, for the right reasons. I knew going into this, that I would most likely be let down in certain regards.

343 can use Halo 4 as a learning tool. I expect Halo 5 to be the “great” Halo game.

halo’s standards dropped hard with Reach

OP, could not agree with you more, Halo was a competitive game before Reach, now it’s just going to -Yoink-.

The halo you remember is over 5 years old. Life does change you know.

> 343 can use Halo 4 as a learning tool. I expect Halo 5 to be the “great” Halo game.

And what game or games will they copy for Halo 5? What else can they borrow from the Call of Duty series? Core Halo gameplay, which foundation was laid out in Combat Evolved, is all but gone. Halo 5 will not even be remotely close to what was once Halo compared to H4.