IT IS TIME FOR 343 TO MAKE HALO FOR THE FANS

many halo fans have had complants about alot with the past 2 installments. i offer my sugestions. things that i think that would bring halo back to ITS roots is changing load outs to only include weapons and nades. all power weapons, power ups, and armor abilities should be pick ups on map. oden drops need to go. game play needs to focus less on casual. its the “hardcore” players that took halo and showed how to play a fps. simple right, sounds like halo right? also one thing i think they need to do is put sprint and thruster pack on the d pad and have a separate cool down pool for each. also you shouldnt go into 3rd person for thruster pack. when being shot it should take you out of scope.

I don’t think these changes can he made anymore. I suggest moving this sort of discussion to the Halo Xbox one board, and ask if these changes can be made for the next Halo.

Unfortunately, H4 is done. None of the crippling lag issues - nor any fundamental game play changes will be fixed.

The last release changes we will see is the GOTY edition and then they are done.

No I don’t have a source, but the daily player numbers are now below 30,000 consistently and people (myself included - back to Reach so I can play multiplayer without lagging) have just moved on - just like the 320,000 that stopped playing H4 online in the first 30 days:

http://halocharts.com/2013/playlists_halo4.php

Sometimes I think that this game exists the way it does so that the next game will learn from it. I do like halo 4 but I won’t deny it has problems that hinder it significantly. I hope 343 learns from this experience.

Ps. I don’t have lag problems in the game as much as some people say.

The lag issues have basically forced my hand into chucking H4, it was never as bad in the first few months of release, but it’s been unbearable in last few months, really really bad!!

Back to Reach for me without a thought of looking back!!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

I could care less about roots. I’m currently enjoying the leaves and berries and branches.

My file browser side I need a hard drive please help

> The lag issues have basically forced my hand into chucking H4, it was never as bad in the first few months of release, but it’s been unbearable in last few months, really really bad!!
>
> Back to Reach for me without a thought of looking back!!

Same here. I quit playing H4 on June 6 after playing 1400 H4 war games where 70% lagged by 0.5+ seconds or more. I kept hoping that 343 would fix the lag issues in H4 with a TU - but never did and don’t seem to care about us - despite massive number of lag related posts - so I abandoned 343 like they abandoned me.

I played 15 BTB games last night in Halo Reach between 10:30 pm and 2 am mst, with 19,000 to 8,000 people playing Reach and 1,200 to 800 people in the BTB lobby (i.e. lower numbers than H4). One game had H4’s typical 0.5+ seconds of lag and people / vehicles strobing all over Hemorrhage. The other 14 games played smooth as glass - no glitches, no strobing - just pure fun. I wasn’t even using “Good Connection” filter either. Even played with some guys from Australia (I’m in Alberta Canada) and they were not lagged at all.

And before people say “H5 will have dedicated servers”, that doesn’t solve the H4 issue at all. I also question if the 300,000 servers MS touted at E3 will be dedicated to gaming, as MS wants to be the set top box and content provider in your living room. How many servers are dedicated to games versus streaming TV / music and other things like cloud rendering. Time will tell and we will see how the Nov launch goes.

Your title is misleading. I’m a halo fan have been since CE and i currently enjoy halo 4. So we are done here? Or could you possibly be somehow inferring that people who enjoy halo 4 are not real halo fans? If so perhaps you should leave.

> Your title is misleading. I’m a halo fan have been since CE and i currently enjoy halo 4. So we are done here? Or could you possibly be somehow inferring that people who enjoy halo 4 are not real halo fans? If so perhaps you should leave.

Im also a player since the beginning allthough I never really played 1,2,3 online that much but I still enjoy Halo 4 a lot. Still there are things that need to be changed. Descope should return and Flinch should be gone. Also the mapdesigns need to improve and we need more options and a good weapon balancing from the start.

> > Your title is misleading. I’m a halo fan have been since CE and i currently enjoy halo 4. So we are done here? Or could you possibly be somehow inferring that people who enjoy halo 4 are not real halo fans? If so perhaps you should leave.
>
> Im also a player since the beginning allthough I never really played 1,2,3 online that much but I still enjoy Halo 4 a lot. Still there are things that need to be changed. Descope should return and Flinch should be gone. Also the mapdesigns need to improve and we need more options and a good weapon balancing from the start.

I also agree halo 4 is not perfect but i will not delve into my issues as that’s not what i was asking. I was asking OP to re clarify himself because it came off in a way that made me think he meant something he probably didn’t.

> I could care less about roots. I’m currently enjoying the leaves and berries and branches.

Those aren’t berries…

Anyway, its too late to really make those changes to 4.

> Your title is misleading. I’m a halo fan have been since CE and i currently enjoy halo 4. So we are done here? Or could you possibly be somehow inferring that people who enjoy halo 4 are not real halo fans? If so perhaps you should leave.

I tend to agree with you. I continue to play h4 regardless of its faults. Does that mean I’m not a halo fan? Maybe it makes me one of the bad kids often referred to on this forum.

dont get me wrong i injoy halo 4 but it is most def not my go to game. mainly cause of 343 trying to take inspiration from other games and not realizing that halo isnt like other games. its halo, its base game play was distroyed when armor abilities and orden drops came into play. ie… map and weapon controll.
p.s. dont be so critical of someone elses post i didnt make you click on it

343 and Halo arent a novelty anymore for sci fi fans. Its all about making the game more playable to less comprehendable idiots by putting in stupid gadgets, guns and armor abilities to make it easier to kill skilled players in term “Lowering the Skill Gap” so they dont get merked and never wanna buy another halo game. Its all about that $$$$ now and sales.

I HATE Halo 4 but I still LOVE Halo. Halo 3 best game ever.

> 343 and Halo arent a novelty anymore for sci fi fans. Its all about making the game more playable to less comprehendable idiots by putting in stupid gadgets, guns and armor abilities to make it easier to kill skilled players in term “Lowering the Skill Gap” so they dont get merked and never wanna buy another halo game. Its all about that $$$$ now and sales.

So you’re saying that people who enjoy infinity settings are idiots? I always find it amusing how some of the so called good players, seem to think it takes great skill to get kills with op br.s and dmr.s. I think a lot of them don’t like infinity settings because it deflates their massive egos to get killed by a noob with a rocket launcher etc.

I thoroughly enjoyed H4.

For $99 I got a massive amount of fun.

I do not speak for anyone but myself, but I hope that 343i continues to push Halo into new and exciting directions.

For me, this idea that Halo can only be successful as an arena shooter is utter bunk.

Halo 5 will be Day One for me in 2014 hopefully.

Yeah I agree with everything you said. Halo 4 is just such a disappointment on so many levels it’s not worth talking about anymore. We’ll see what happens with 5 but I’m not jumping on the bandwagon this time until I rent it first.

It’s just sad that Halo, the best FPS ever made IMO has turned into what it is.