It Is Not Impossible To Make Everyone Happy

The people that like to see a lot of change in a game series are probably happy with halo 4. But those of us who would like to have that classic halo feel should have gotten that opportunity from day 1. It is still possible to get the classic halo fans back. All 343 has to do is set up a Classic playlist.

Classic Playlist
No sprint
No instant respawn
Everyone starts out with AR/Magnum/2 frag grenades
No armor abilities
A CSR of 1-50
Timed weapon Spawns in a set location

It would make everyone happy. The people that like halo 4 can still play Infinity Slayer and whatnot, while the people that like the old fashioned halo can hop on the Classic Playlist.

You can’t make everyone happy. People are still going to find something to complain about, like maps, spawning, its a never ending cycle. It’s not that simple. I like your idea but its just not that easy.

I would prefer BR starts, over AR starts.

What game types will your playlist include? Whatever it is, I’m sure myself, or another will want different player counts or different available game types.

Is everybody still happy?

I agree with you OP, but 343 doesnt… Leave or adapt is the only way.

It’s human nature to complain and find faults so it IS impossible to make everyone happy. Nobody is born with the same opinions or mindset.

To make everyone happy we’ll need a classic BTB too.

It is impossible. People will always complain. If your options were there at the start how many of you nostalgia players would give the new things an honest chance? Not many would. Nobody likes to be forced into things but sometimes its the only way.

Well you can probably make everyone alittle happier then they were, but people will find anything to complain about.

They really can’t make everyone happy. To do that, they would need to change everything about the game, and then the people who like it the way it is wouldn’t be happy.

> They really can’t make everyone happy. To do that, they would need to change everything about the game, and then the people who like it the way it is wouldn’t be happy.

They wouldn’t need to change the whole game if its only a playlist…

sadly, this community will always find something new to complain about.

Having AR starts would cause the community to rage

LOL make two games. One where Warthogs transform into Unicorns and AA super heroes throw buildings at each other, then the other where we wear shorts and team logo jerseys and 343 hires referees to tell you if you’ve been killed fairly with the approved tube and a bullet.

They should’ve had classic playlists to begin with. I love playing Halo 4 online but it’s fun to switch it up.

You’re right, it’s simple to make everybody happy : remove the DMR from every future Halo game and nerf it in Halo 4.

> You can’t make everyone happy. People are still going to find something to complain about, like maps, spawning, its a never ending cycle. It’s not that simple. I like your idea but its just not that easy.

It’s true that you can’t generally create a single thing that all people will come to the same opinion about. But human diversity isn’t infinite, there are consistencies between what people like and don’t that fundamentally have to do with who we are as a species. Therefore it is perfectly possible that you can create something that everyone likes. The simplest possible example is water. But you don’t need to go that far to make everyone happy, because everyone isn’t an all inclusive statement of “all people who exist.” If it were we’d be worried about the staggering billions of people who don’t seem to care about what 343 has done compared to the scant few million who decided to pick Halo 4 up.

No, “everyone” is a generalization for people who play the game and as a generalization it seeks to describe a norm. Outliers can be discounted making our job at building a good game a whole lot easier. We don’t need to please absolutely everyone, but we should get the vast majority of relevant people on board with what we’re doing.

And it’s not like this hasn’t been done before. Half Life 2 is almost unequivocally seen as a “good game” as is Starcraft, Super Mario World, and perhaps even Halo 1. We need to satisfy the citizens of the Ivory Coast or the natives of the Alaskan north but we should still try to satisfy the highest standards possible within our own demographic. The usual round of Halo multiplayer will, however, not do that because of what it meant to Halo 1: nothing. That game succeeded because of it’s campaign either directly through playing it or for what that game mode did to balance the sandbox for what little multiplayer was played before XBL. Halo 2 missed the mark by simply continuing the same format, of “power weapons” and questionable arena maps (this isn’t Unreal) without even a bot to mark it a post-1998 FPS. And since the various hands involved have been trying to tinker as much as they can to “fix” the continuing deficiencies of each and every game but on the presumption that if you tinker just right you’ll make the Halo multiplayer formula work.

But it won’t because it can’t on principle. You can’t balance the sandbox with power weapons because the two are mutually exclusive. A power weapon is simply a broken weapon thrown onto the map at lower frequencies than everything else to limit the worst of its excesses. You can’t add much depth or diversity if the maps still cater to the limiting dictates of Unreal’s level design because all that was built for much more diverse combat and sandbox. And without AI’s in multiplayer (see. Starwars Battlefront 2, Section 8 Prejudice) there’s only so much you can make as the developer within the confines of trying to please each and every shooter and target .

It quite simply won’t work, you can’t build a truly good Halo game as the last few have been trying to do. So we need to find a different approach (ex. focus on an open campaign with multiplayer integration) to indeed make everyone happy.

The political correctness in the thread IS TOO DAMN HIGH!

Yes it is

i agree with no sprint

disagree with AR starts… i wouuld like to see some team brs

too bad for us, this is not our game, this is 343s game and we have to play it the way they want us to play it or else we can leave… hence the low population