It is a good thing 343 did not make......

The first Halo. Would never have made it to a sequel. Every time I play it, which is less and less, I realize how subpar the multiplayer is. It feels like a generic shooter with Halo characters.
I swear the gameplay feels about as solid as that crap game Prey, if anyone ever tried that. Matches are still laggy. Grenades still warp through people instead of sticking. Weapons are over the top cheesy. Half the time I am playing I don’t even care if I win or lose, which NEVER was the case in previous Halo games. It appears that I am not alone as the population doesn’t even reach 100k peak on a Sunday night in the winter 2 months post launch.

I will play it less and less frequently I suppose and mostly because it is the newest game I bought not the best. Perhaps the title update, if it comes, will help some of the problems but it won’t bring back the Halo feel that Bungie mastered and created the Halo brand. Halo 4 is like New Coke, and we know how that turned out… Google it if you don’t.

So long FrankieWilliams and thanks for all the fish.

> The first Halo. Would never have made it to a sequel. Every time I play it, which is less and less, I realize how subpar the multiplayer is. It feels like a generic shooter with Halo characters.
> I swear the gameplay feels about as solid as that crap game Prey, if anyone ever tried that. Matches are still laggy. Grenades still warp through people instead of sticking. Weapons are over the top cheesy. Half the time I am playing I don’t even care if I win or lose, which NEVER was the case in previous Halo games. It appears that I am not alone as the population doesn’t even reach 100k peak on a Sunday night in the winter 2 months post launch.
>
> I will play it less and less frequently I suppose and mostly because it is the newest game I bought not the best. Perhaps the title update, if it comes, will help some of the problems but it won’t bring back the Halo feel that Bungie mastered and created the Halo brand. Halo 4 is like New Coke, and we know how that turned out… Google it if you don’t.

True it is my opinion and while I like the Dude reference… Most have the same opinion because when millions have bought and not even hundreds of thousands play… People have spoken. If you like the game, cheers. To most, like myself, the game is meh

+1

to me and all my friends Halo 4 is the most “meh” game on the series … and we been halo players since halo CE

343 is a new company, you need to give them a chance, they want to make this game the best it can possibly be, ever heard of being polite, what you are doing is extremely rude and immature. Instead of making pointless threads that are bnohing 343 and Halo 4, make a thread were you tell 343 the problems that you are having with the game, no one wants to talk to someone who is being a complete -Yoink-. You have to remember, they are a new company, with a new staff, and this is their first game. Just cut them some slack, be polite, discuss your problems, and stop ruining the Halo community. It is almost as if there are two different communities. The mature community that knows that 343 wants to make this game the best it can possibly be, and we are trying to help 343 so that they can improve the game and do much better in the future. Then we have the immature community, who constantly bash 343i, telling them that their game and their company is terrible. How would you like it if you spent 3 years making a painting, and then someone came, looked at the painting for a single second and said “This painting is awful, you suck, -Yoink- YOU -Yoink- YOU!”
Would you like it if someone did that?
I do agree with the fact that this game has many problems, some of them make me angry to no extent, but that doesn’t mean that I should go on the forums and say that 343 did a -Yoink- job on their game and that they should just quit. They can fix the problems, if you make a polite thread discussing your problems with the game and how to fix these problems, then 343 will probably fix the problems, they can’t fix instantly, but they will fix it.
So please, stop making these pointless, immature threads and actually tell 343 the problems you are having without using each curse in the dictionary 43 times.

It is true. We went back and booted up Reach again tonight. A group of us began playing together in Reach (it all started in Action Sack), so we thought we’d go back and check it out since Halo 4 is just not doing it. We’ve played together nearly every day for almost 2 years. Since Halo 4 has come out, and especially in the last couple weeks, we aren’t playing together really, since our game has just been butchered. Just kinda blows that it’s to the point that groups that are here and eager to play are driven to other games.

To really put the icing on the cake, they took Action Sack out of Reach too, so we don’t even have that to go back to.

I am debating whether to do the LASO thing with Halo 4, but I really don’t even know if I care anymore about this title.

So now here we are trying to figure out if Halo is gonna be our game or not. Which blows my mind cause Halo has always been our game.

Go boot up Reach again. It’s actually an even better, tighter multiplayer experience than I even remembered. I had a blast again playing it. It’s worth your time to go and boot it up and remind yourself of what a good, tactical Halo multiplayer feels like. It’s crazy how much your bullets magnetize to peoples heads in Halo 4. In Reach we actually had to aim. In Reach a 2.0 KD actually means something. And the control scheme feels so much better. Wish we could customize button layout in Halo 4. And the laser! The Spartan Laser should never have been slowed down so much. In Halo Reach when that laser fires, that vehicle explodes NOW, not this lazy sort of drifting and dragging laser.

Go check it out!

> True it is my opinion and while I like the Dude reference… Most have the same opinion because when millions have bought and not even hundreds of thousands play… People have spoken. If you like the game, cheers. To most, like myself, the game is meh

See, here’s the thing, you can’t assume what everyone’s opinion is. Millions do still play, they just don’t all play at the exact same time any more.

> > True it is my opinion and while I like the Dude reference… Most have the same opinion because when millions have bought and not even hundreds of thousands play… People have spoken. If you like the game, cheers. To most, like myself, the game is meh
>
> See, here’s the thing, you can’t assume what everyone’s opinion is. Millions do still play, they just don’t all play at the exact same time any more.

The population is decreasing. The stats and charts are all over the place if you’re not convinced. This isn’t wartime propaganda, it’s a discussion based on factual numbers. No assumptions needed.

facepalm

> > See, here’s the thing, you can’t assume what everyone’s opinion is. Millions do still play, they just don’t all play at the exact same time any more.
>
> The population is decreasing. The stats and charts are all over the place if you’re not convinced. This isn’t wartime propaganda, it’s a discussion based on factual numbers. No assumptions needed.

That would be all well and good if any of those charts showed the number of unique users over a day, a week, and so on. They do not. Without that information, we can’t tell whether fewer people are playing at all, or whether fewer people are playing at the same time.

There is a single stat that does measure unique users, though: Major Nelson’s blog, which shows that Halo 4 is still in good standing.

> > True it is my opinion and while I like the Dude reference… Most have the same opinion because when millions have bought and not even hundreds of thousands play… People have spoken. If you like the game, cheers. To most, like myself, the game is meh
>
> See, here’s the thing, you can’t assume what everyone’s opinion is. Millions do still play, they just don’t all play at the exact same time any more.

I agree that some people have outlandish idea about player count, but lets be realistic here. Lets use xbox only numbers.

-Halo 4 sold 7 millions copies, at this very moment on a sunday night there was 60000 players online in war games.

-Call of duty black ops 2 sold 10 millions copies, it has 550000 players online in public games, 2000 in leagues(lol), 30000 in zombie.

Do you see the thing here, call of duty sold more, sure, not that much more honestly. However the player retention is present on this game somehow, halo 4 does not have it at all. The game has been out for3 months and its already less popular then reach was after 10 months.

There is alot of way to defend this game, like giving 343i the time to show what they can do to turn this around. But trying to tell us the wargame situation is not a downgrade, would be a lie. This game have very weak player retention, something that never happened until halo reach and that is now even more flagrant in halo 4.

Im not asking them to mimic cod numbers or even retain that many people, but most of the players moved on because this game just doesent have that something that keept so many players before. There has to be something missing… it outsold halo 3, why is there less players playing? Dont use the ingame 24h player count statistic, but the community was able to get the player counts during those times and they where leaps above halo 4.

mabye 343 made more money in their pocket this time, but as a company which has only one purpose is to milk a single series of games, you might wanna think of the repercution on the next installement sells, since its all that matters.

The current sells, the big site critics that only us online nerds read/view, they arent what sells your game on grand scale. Its the expectations and the view of the crowd on your last game. People will have low expectation for halo 5 multiplayer if thing stay as this. It will translate into much slower sale unless halo 5 is that much better and people get to see that before it actually launch.

Black ops doesnt have that much in multiplayer. Thats how many are playing with xbox live enabled. If you go to pick a playlist it says how many people are playing that gametype out of like 200,000. Its not that high in reality.

I also want to clear somthing up. Take the hourly population numbers for 24 hrs of any given day and calculate 80% of those numbers. Add those numbers up and you should get the amount of unique players in one day. Its pretty high if you ask me

> There is a single stat that does measure unique users, though: Major Nelson’s blog, which shows that Halo 4 is still in good standing.

What I see is MineCraft, beating the newest Halo game two months in. Please. Even Reach lasted in second place for longer.

> > > See, here’s the thing, you can’t assume what everyone’s opinion is. Millions do still play, they just don’t all play at the exact same time any more.
> >
> > The population is decreasing. The stats and charts are all over the place if you’re not convinced. This isn’t wartime propaganda, it’s a discussion based on factual numbers. No assumptions needed.
>
> That would be all well and good if any of those charts showed the number of unique users over a day, a week, and so on. They do not. Without that information, we can’t tell whether fewer people are playing at all, or whether fewer people are playing at the same time.
>
> There is a single stat that does measure unique users, though: <mark>Major Nelson’s blog</mark>, which shows that Halo 4 is still in good standing.

this is where the argument fell apart.

> this is where the argument fell apart.

Lol yup.

The Monitor’s are right.

I can’t take the idea that 343 is a “new company” as anything more than another excuse.

They’re all (mostly) new to working with eachother, yes.
But we have a handful of Ex-Bungle employees to guide the direction of the game, Microsofts bottomless box of money, and experienced professionals working on the game.
They’re not new, inexperienced or incapable by any means.

[deleted]