It finally feels like Halo

Hey all, just got done playing a couple matches today. I was honestly extremely surprised…

The weapon balancing is PERFECT. No more DMR spam, BTB is actually fun with Slayer Pro. Not to mention the fact that people actually move around the map now that the DMR isn’t a mini sniper. I can finally get easy doubles with my BR. I don’t know what it is, but for the first time in a couple years, I’m finally getting the Halo nostalgia back.

This game is finally starting to feel like Halo.

Now join the the LightRifle brotherhood.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

K

I really wish I felt the same :frowning:

Try saying that about Settler. Gosh, -Yoink- that map.

The SAW Shouldn’t have received a buff just for consistency. It was already powerful and now it is just ridiculous. The LR buff is nice but it’s still not viable compared to the other weapons in 4v4 gametypes. Carbine buff is nice. BR buff was unnecessary. DMR should have received a ROF nerf also.

The tuning is perfect absolutely perfect
BR 4sk is spot on
The carbine buff makes it deadly in the proper hands
The DMR is now not the go-to0go-dun in every situation and is not so easily abused with camo (This is a good thing)
The LR isn’t overlooked now and is a beast

The Automatic weapons actually require you to aim now! gasps
And the saw is a POWER-weapon, it had 2x the AR damage before and it has 2x the damage of the AR now
The buff was necessary to make it a viable option

This is the one thing 343i has done right, it has begun what will hopefully be a lasting transition back to what halo WAS in the past and CAN BE again.

We all knew that H4 had potential now that we are starting to chip away all the crap they glazed it with we are starting to see it

I approve

This weapon balancing is a little too perfect. I’m just afraid players will complain and the dmr will get it’s OP dominance back. A lot of my friends are whining about the dmr nerf, but it’s music to my ears. Halo 4 is so money now!

> This weapon balancing is a little too perfect. I’m just afraid players will complain and the dmr will get it’s OP dominance back. A lot of my friends are whining about the dmr nerf, but it’s music to my ears. Halo 4 is so money now!

The only “nerf” the DMR received was to its RRR (red reticule range) which is the distance at which aim assist benefits kick in

That’s it, that’s the only nerf it received

Which isn’t really much of anything, and I agree the whining I am hearing from DMR and AR users is music to my ears as well
Their tears sustain me

> Hey all, just got done playing a couple matches today. I was honestly extremely surprised…
>
> The weapon balancing is PERFECT. No more DMR spam, BTB is actually fun with Slayer Pro. Not to mention the fact that people actually move around the map now that the DMR isn’t a mini sniper. I can finally get easy doubles with my BR. I don’t know what it is, but for the first time in a couple years, I’m finally getting the Halo nostalgia back.
>
> This game is finally starting to feel like Halo.

Really. Because I seem to remember Halo doesn’t have weapons and vehicles that spawn every f’ing second.

> > Hey all, just got done playing a couple matches today. I was honestly extremely surprised…
> >
> > The weapon balancing is PERFECT. No more DMR spam, BTB is actually fun with Slayer Pro. Not to mention the fact that people actually move around the map now that the DMR isn’t a mini sniper. I can finally get easy doubles with my BR. I don’t know what it is, but for the first time in a couple years, I’m finally getting the Halo nostalgia back.
> >
> > This game is finally starting to feel like Halo.
>
> Really. Because I seem to remember Halo doesn’t have weapons and vehicles that spawn every f’ing second.

Yeah the map tweaks and updates need to be addressed the weapon spawn timers are way too fast I think that’s something we can all agree on, but as for the weapon tuning itself its perfect

I agree.
Big Team is all I play now.
I knew the update would make a big impact, but not this big of an impact.
Honestly, it feels like Halo again!
And while I heavily prefer Slayer Pro(and I mean heavily), Infinity is a lot more fun too.
I love the feeling I get when I’m playing BTSP and I grab the Spartan Laser.
Since there aren’t any Plasma Grenades, the Splaser is a game-changer.
Which is exactly the way Halo should be.
Whoever controls the map and the power weapons, wins.
I love Halo 4 so much more since the update.
I truly do.

halo 4 is honestly much more fun post update. im really enjoying these weapons and i love hearing dmr users complain. i hear some high up tracker kids are quitting because they hate the changes XD

Played a few games finally on the update. Rumble Pit felt like I was playing FFA BRs and annoyed the living hell out of me (especially the spawning and having shield damage before my HUD comes back up). So I got pissed, switched to BTB…

By all the gods, it’s amazing.

First and foremost, the first thing that stood out to me: Exile-Tank+Mantis=OhGodYes. Seriously, that and replacing the Gauss with Rockethog? Instant awesome.

The change to Automatics (ARs in particular) means I’m winning a lot more battles because apparently 60% of the guys that killed me before with it were reliant on reticle lock. The Carbine and BR are more powerful and can keep pace with the DMR, though my personal opinion stands that they got overexcited with the BR as it now seems to wreck everything in its class. [EDIT2] Noticing now that SAW buff. Holy Jiminy Batman, it did not need that. And this is from someone who likes the thing.

Let’s see… jump height and move speed nudge-up makes it feel so much better, I’m seeing more static weapon drops in BTB (loving that to death), Plasma Pistol feels like it got some kind of buff… [EDIT] Remembered a critical one- Assault Rifle class in Slayer Pro. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I HAVE WANTED THIS.

Halo has returned to being the hilarious, insane, built-on-wtf-and-made-of-awesome that it once was. (I never thought I’d miss hating the Battle Rifle, but here I am loving it).