IT BREAKS CANON!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive and flamey posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

You guys are so annoying, seriously, why do you even care? I haven’t read the books but I do know the games came first, and we shouldn’t have to make a game around the books, it’s a book for god sakes. Who gives a rats -Yoink- if you change the way a grunt looks a little? I’d rather have a good game that I’m going to play for years then being upset because they changed something about a grunt that I read in a book one time in my life. Games came first and the devs shouldn’t have to sacrifice their efforts or change gameplay over a book that only nerds (for reading a Halo book, not reading) or kids.

Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.

I know right? Calling people nerds on video game forum is so cool.

This thread breaks canon OP. You should be ashamed of you’re self.

> Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.

Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.

And the game came first.

> You should be ashamed of you’re self.

I should be ashamed?

Monitors, I suggest a lock. This is a relatively reasonable thread…for one side. I’d be willing to say this thread can cause a flame war, that does not need to happen here.

Once again, please lock.

> I should be ashamed?

Yes you should.

> > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
>
> Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
>
> And the game came first.
> Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos

Nope Halo the fall of reach(the book) came out October 30, 2001 and
Halo:Combat Evolved(the Game) came out november 15,2001
Look on publication date and realease date respectively

Wiki Artice on Halo:Fall of Reach
Wiki article on Halo:Combat Evolved

Not agreeing with op but lets face it. It doesn’t matter how precise 343i is with the game some how they’ve broken Canon. They could have personally wrote the books then made an exact duplicate in game and those threads would still exist. There should be a forum just for canon. All 12 people who care about 100% Canon can go there.

> > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
>
> Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
>
> And the game came first.
> Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
>
>
>
> > You should be ashamed of you’re self.
>
> I should be ashamed?

The games came first yes, and they visibly have exoskeletons in those as well. Yes master chief is more detailed as graphics are updated, but he’s always wearing metal armor, they never change his armor suddenly to leather with no explanation.

> The games came first yes, and they visibly have exoskeletons in those as well. Yes master chief is more detailed as graphics are updated, but he’s always wearing metal armor, they never change his armor suddenly to leather with no explanation.

Game didn’t come first They released Halo:The Fall of reach literally right before the game.

> > > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
> >
> > Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
> >
> > And the game came first.
> > Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
>
> Nope Halo the fall of reach(the book) came out October 30, 2001 and
> Halo:Combat Evolved(the Game) came out november 15,2001
> Look on publication date and realease date respectively
>
> Wiki Artice on Halo:Fall of Reach
> Wiki article on Halo:Combat Evolved

The book was written in order to introduce you to the game before it was released, the game was infact created first but the book so happen to be released first. Also dont forget that Halo CE went gold months BEFORE the book was released.

> > > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
> >
> > Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
> >
>
>

> >
> >
>
>

Nice picture:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d5/Halo_-The_Fall_of_Reach.jpg/200px-Halo-_The_Fall_of_Reach.jpg

Besides Halo: CE was probably finished when the book was being created, the game had to be set to release with the original Xbox, the book was written FOR the game.

> > The games came first yes, and they visibly have exoskeletons in those as well. Yes master chief is more detailed as graphics are updated, but he’s always wearing metal armor, they never change his armor suddenly to leather with no explanation.
>
> Game didn’t come first They released Halo:The Fall of reach literally right before the game.

Either way the Grunts have exoskeletons in all Halo media until these screenshots surfaced, why change it now, they are throwing away all science within a science -Yoinking!- fiction series, this is not to be taken lightly if you give a -Yoink- about story.

> > > > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
> > >
> > > Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
> > >
> > > And the game came first.
> > > Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
> >
> > Nope Halo the fall of reach(the book) came out October 30, 2001 and
> > Halo:Combat Evolved(the Game) came out november 15,2001
> > Look on publication date and realease date respectively
> >
> > Wiki Artice on Halo:Fall of Reach
> > Wiki article on Halo:Combat Evolved
>
> The book was written in order to introduce you to the game before it was released the game was infact created first but the book so happen to be released first.

True but it does show that bungie invested in story and so should 343. I am not saying they should stick to it religously and i actually like the Artistic changes to the game they have made. i am just stating that story should NOT just be thrown out. People care about it and bungie did too

> i am just stating that story should just be thrown out.

I’m glad you agree, lol.

I was wrong about the game coming out first but it’s hardly an argument, as it was written for the game and most likely after or when they were almost finished with the game, the campaign story at the least.

> > i am just stating that story should just be thrown out.
>
> I’m glad you agree, lol.
>
> I was wrong about the game coming out first but it’s hardly an argument, as it was written for the game and most likely after or when they were almost finished with the game, the campaign story at the least.

Lol i edited that :stuck_out_tongue:
I am just saying even bungie cared about story. not as much as 343i seems to with all the books cartoon and now live action their pumping out. but they did care atleast a little. and we should care to. dont get me wrong that i am not mad at any of the changes so far. the only one that seems to break cannon to me is the grunt but i think the grunt looks badass now and i like it

> > > > Actually the books came first and the grunts look different from previous games, get your facts right before making a thread like this.
> > >
> > > Who cares if the grunts look different from another game? Master Chief looks different everytime, it’s different developers, graphics, and trilogy.
> > >
> > > And the game came first.
> > > Yahoo | Mail, Weather, Search, Politics, News, Finance, Sports & Videos
> >
> > Nope Halo the fall of reach(the book) came out October 30, 2001 and
> > Halo:Combat Evolved(the Game) came out november 15,2001
> > Look on publication date and realease date respectively
> >
> > Wiki Artice on Halo:Fall of Reach
> > Wiki article on Halo:Combat Evolved
>
> The book was written in order to introduce you to the game before it was released, the game was infact created first but the book so happen to be released first. Also dont forget that Halo CE went gold months BEFORE the book was released.

I think this is one of those “Which came first? The Chicken? Or the Egg?” times.

> > i am just stating that story should just be thrown out.
>
> I’m glad you agree, lol.
>
> I was wrong about the game coming out first but it’s hardly an argument, as it was written for the game and most likely after or when they were almost finished with the game, the campaign story at the least.

Actually I’m pretty sure the book was finished before the game. Games go gold a month before release, this book released more than 2 weeks before, are you telling me that they published and printed all those in less than 2 weeks?

People who say the armor or the grunts break canon are idiots.

I love reading the books but armor aesthetics cannot break canon. It’s artistic liberty, its a book you image what the -Yoink- looks like in your head.

Also OP this thread makes you look like “BOOKS ARE ARE STUPID READING IS FOR NERDS1”