It Blows My Mind

It blows my mind how people constantly ignore the vehicles at the start of a BTB total control match… you guys do know that vehicles are faster than running and the point is to get to the control points as soon as possible right? This happens so often it really blows my mind lmao what am I missing here

> 2535410017197749;1:
> It blows my mind how people constantly ignore the vehicles at the start of a BTB total control match… you guys do know that vehicles are faster than running and the point is to get to the control points as soon as possible right? This happens so often it really blows my mind lmao what am I missing here

It’s either that your teammates would prefer to fight on foot, or they simply missed the auditory and visual callouts that the vehicle drop happened, or perhaps they had one too many bad experiences with horrible drivers and decided they had a better chance on foot,

> 2533274882898126;2:
> > 2535410017197749;1:
> > It blows my mind how people constantly ignore the vehicles at the start of a BTB total control match… you guys do know that vehicles are faster than running and the point is to get to the control points as soon as possible right? This happens so often it really blows my mind lmao what am I missing here
>
> It’s either that your teammates would prefer to fight on foot, or they simply missed the auditory and visual callouts that the vehicle drop happened, or perhaps they had one too many bad experiences with horrible drivers and decided they had a better chance on foot,

Did you not read my post? I clearly stated that I was talking about the vehicles that are available at the START of the match. Go back and re-read. People just ignore the vehicles in front of their faces and just run instead, which is the worst play possible in total control lmao its like they have zero idea whats going on and the game just started.

All you have to do is sit in the vehicle to take the much faster route to the control zones. It’s just common sense to be completely blunt

The strategy is definitely not to get to the control point as fast as possible lol.

There are vehicles!?

> 2535410017197749;3:
> > 2533274882898126;2:
> > > 2535410017197749;1:
> > > It blows my mind how people constantly ignore the vehicles at the start of a BTB total control match… you guys do know that vehicles are faster than running and the point is to get to the control points as soon as possible right? This happens so often it really blows my mind lmao what am I missing here
> >
> > It’s either that your teammates would prefer to fight on foot, or they simply missed the auditory and visual callouts that the vehicle drop happened, or perhaps they had one too many bad experiences with horrible drivers and decided they had a better chance on foot,
>
> Did you not read my post? I clearly stated that I was talking about the vehicles that are available at the START of the match. Go back and re-read. People just ignore the vehicles in front of their faces and just run instead, which is the worst play possible in total control lmao its like they have zero idea whats going on and the game just started.
>
> All you have to do is sit in the vehicle to take the much faster route to the control zones. It’s just common sense to be completely blunt

Maybe I should have specified that I was talking about both dropped vehicles and the ones at the start, either way my post is still relevant. They likely ignore the vehicles because people are bad drivers or they’d just prefer to fight on foot, or they have no sense of strategy.

I can read perfectly fine, -Yoink!-.

Because the vehicles suck

This has been an issue since Reach and hasn’t changed in over 10 years. Bungie replaced the vehicle system that was close to perfect in Halo 3 and for whatever reason 343 has kept the garbage chip damage system ever since.

God forbid drivers/pilots are able to keep their vehicles going with skilled piloting, nope its all just attrition based.

> 2533274819446242;8:
> This has been an issue since Reach and hasn’t changed in over 10 years. Bungie replaced the vehicle system that was close to perfect in Halo 3 and for whatever reason 343 has kept the garbage chip damage system ever since.
>
> God forbid drivers/pilots are able to keep their vehicles going with skilled piloting, nope its all just attrition based.

I disagree that it’s garbage. Being able to damage vehicles makes a much more balanced playing field as it gives the opposing team a chance to take out the vehicle instead of getting squashed in the game.

> 2533274882898126;6:
> > 2535410017197749;3:
> > > 2533274882898126;2:
> > > > 2535410017197749;1:
> > > > It blows my mind how people constantly ignore the vehicles at the start of a BTB total control match… you guys do know that vehicles are faster than running and the point is to get to the control points as soon as possible right? This happens so often it really blows my mind lmao what am I missing here
> > >
> > > It’s either that your teammates would prefer to fight on foot, or they simply missed the auditory and visual callouts that the vehicle drop happened, or perhaps they had one too many bad experiences with horrible drivers and decided they had a better chance on foot,
> >
> > Did you not read my post? I clearly stated that I was talking about the vehicles that are available at the START of the match. Go back and re-read. People just ignore the vehicles in front of their faces and just run instead, which is the worst play possible in total control lmao its like they have zero idea whats going on and the game just started.
> >
> > All you have to do is sit in the vehicle to take the much faster route to the control zones. It’s just common sense to be completely blunt
>
> Maybe I should have specified that I was talking about both dropped vehicles and the ones at the start, either way my post is still relevant. They likely ignore the vehicles because people are bad drivers or they’d just prefer to fight on foot, or they have no sense of strategy.
>
> I can read perfectly fine, -Yoink!-.

You left out “no sense of strategy” last time, and your response made me feel like you didn’t read, because you failed to mention the vehicles at the beginning and went straight to the ones that are dropped later in game.

It is truly “no sense of strategy”, plain and simple.

> 2533274819446242;8:
> This has been an issue since Reach and hasn’t changed in over 10 years. Bungie replaced the vehicle system that was close to perfect in Halo 3 and for whatever reason 343 has kept the garbage chip damage system ever since.
>
> God forbid drivers/pilots are able to keep their vehicles going with skilled piloting, nope its all just attrition based.

Its also -Yoink- that less than half a clip of the commando or any small arms weapon can send any vehicle into self destruct mode. Even Tanks. Even Halo 4 required you to empty your clip at least once with a DMR.

Halo 3 did it right where that -Yoink- happened AFTER the vehicle was destroyed. Like when the turret explodes off the hog or ghost does its sparking and spazzing like it did ever since Halo 2. Its essentially 343i’s invisible hand yoinking players out of the vehicles and I can’t blame most people for getting sick of that -Yoink-.

There’s nothing more annoying than wiping 2 or 3 on the enemy team with a ghost and getting shot maybe 2-5 times with a sidekick overall and then going back to your home base, just to bump into a tree at a speed slower than walking and have the Self destruct sequence go off.

> 2535422142018812;7:
> Because the vehicles suck

Yikes, looks like the point went completely over your head. The game mode is total control, the goal is to get to the zones as fast as possible. Vehicles are the fastest way to the zones. Period. People that run by them in the beginning are being clueless. Nothing more.

> 2533274805469694;5:
> There’s vehicles!?

Kappa

> 2533274801036271;4:
> The strategy is definitely not to get to the control point as fast as possible lol.

??? The strategy in total control is quite literally to cap them before the enemy. Big yikes bud lol. Team slayer and CTF I can understand, but in total control, you literally need to get to the control points ASAP. It’s quite literally the game design.

Everyone wants to rush the sniper, skewer, shock rifle instead.

> 2533274873154325;11:
> > 2533274819446242;8:
> > This has been an issue since Reach and hasn’t changed in over 10 years. Bungie replaced the vehicle system that was close to perfect in Halo 3 and for whatever reason 343 has kept the garbage chip damage system ever since.
> >
> > God forbid drivers/pilots are able to keep their vehicles going with skilled piloting, nope its all just attrition based.
>
> Its also -Yoink- that less than half a clip of the commando or any small arms weapon can send any vehicle into self destruct mode. Even Tanks. Even Halo 4 required you to empty your clip at least once with a DMR.
>
> Halo 3 did it right where that -Yoink- happened AFTER the vehicle was destroyed. Like when the turret explodes off the hog or ghost does its sparking and spazzing like it did ever since Halo 2. Its essentially 343i’s invisible hand yoinking players out of the vehicles and I can’t blame most people for getting sick of that -Yoink-.
>
> There’s nothing more annoying than wiping 2 or 3 on the enemy team with a ghost and getting shot maybe 2-5 times with a sidekick overall and then going back to your home base, just to bump into a tree at a speed slower than walking and have the Self destruct sequence go off.

Yeah the ghosts randomly blowing up is annoying af

> 2535421108515819;15:
> Everyone wants to rush the sniper, skewer, shock rifle instead.

Right, they are playing for KD and not objective lmao. Total control = get the zones

> 2535410017197749;14:
> > 2533274801036271;4:
> > The strategy is definitely not to get to the control point as fast as possible lol.
>
> ??? The strategy in total control is quite literally to cap them before the enemy. Big yikes bud lol

The aim is to control all three points. Not rush them immediately and die. Why grab a mongoose and race to the point with an AR/Sidekick in hand when you can collect some useful equipment on the way and still make it in time to contest and capture the point? Now you have the tools to take down the enemy players more effectively, capture the point and then push the rest of the points while they’re on the respawn and your team is in a more powerful position.

Your strategy of race to the hill as quickly as possible is not a smart one, bud.

> 2533274801036271;18:
> > 2535410017197749;14:
> > > 2533274801036271;4:
> > > The strategy is definitely not to get to the control point as fast as possible lol.
> >
> > ??? The strategy in total control is quite literally to cap them before the enemy. Big yikes bud lol
>
> The aim is to control all three points. Not rush them immediately and die. Why grab a mongoose and race to the point with an AR/Sidekick in hand when you can collect some useful equipment on the way and still make it in time to contest and capture the point? Now you have the tools to take down the enemy players effectively, capture the point and then push the rest of the points while they’re on the respawn and your team is in a more powerful position.
>
> Your strategy of race to the hill as quickly as possible is not a smart one, bud.

Yikes, this is pointless. These forums seem to just be stubborn.

> 2535410017197749;19:
> > 2533274801036271;18:
> > > 2535410017197749;14:
> > > > 2533274801036271;4:
> > > > The strategy is definitely not to get to the control point as fast as possible lol.
>
> Yikes, this is pointless. These forums seem to just be stubborn.

You have a 23% win rate in the Infinite flight, your strategy game needs work before you start criticising your teammates for their lack of it.

You asked what you were missing so I told you.