Issues with... everything

Obviously we all are unhappy with the update, but here are a few things that bug me the most. I would like to hear others responses to my opinions.

1. 343 has a weird hatred for the DMR. Why? I have no idea. They decided to make it a toy for the update. Im a big BR fan but the DMR is obviously stronger because of its long distance strength… until now. After this update i’d take the carbine over it, the CARBINE!

2. 343 has a weird obsession with automatic weapons. It was widely accepted in Halo 3 that the AR was for people who lacked the skill to use precision weapons. But 343 decided thats not fair to the sad sad AR. So they ramp it up! And it has to be half as powerful as the SAW, then gunzilla was unleashed.

3. The large lack of skill in Halo. Its becoming so easy for anyone to get headshots, which is turning our beloved game into who-sees-who-first-wins type games like Call Of Duty. This annoys me the most because I like to think im good at my favorite game, and when I get destroyed by people who dont even know what “DMR” stands for, I start breaking stuff lol

I feel that 2 of those weren’t usual complaints and I hope people will either agree, or tell me im a invis camping DMR -Yoink-; and thats fine too

> Obviously we all are unhappy with the update

Speak for yourself.

And this thread would like to disagree.

You really need to speak for your self the Designated Marksman Rifle is a utility gun. It is supposed to be beaten by the carbine and BR up close. They have made Halo a little closer to the greatness of the other Halos the game actually takes more skill now…get better :wink:

I don’t see why people are saying that it’s becoming a who sees who first type of game.

Within the first hour after the update, I had already lost count of how many times someone got the first shot on me, I would turn around, and they would miss almost every bullet because of my strafe on the new 110% movement speed.

> Obviously we all are unhappy with the update, but here are a few things that bug me the most. I would like to hear others responses to my opinions.
>
> 1. 343 has a weird hatred for the DMR. Why? I have no idea. They decided to make it a toy for the update. Im a big BR fan but the DMR is obviously stronger because of its long distance strength… until now. After this update i’d take the carbine over it, the CARBINE!
>
> 2. 343 has a weird obsession with automatic weapons. It was widely accepted in Halo 3 that the AR was for people who lacked the skill to use precision weapons. But 343 decided thats not fair to the sad sad AR. So they ramp it up! And it has to be half as powerful as the SAW, then gunzilla was unleashed.
>
> 3. The large lack of skill in Halo. Its becoming so easy for anyone to get headshots, which is turning our beloved game into who-sees-who-first-wins type games like Call Of Duty. This annoys me the most because I like to think im good at my favorite game, and when I get destroyed by people who dont even know what “DMR” stands for, I start breaking stuff lol
>
> I feel that 2 of those weren’t usual complaints and I hope people will either agree, or tell me im a invis camping DMR -Yoink!-; and thats fine too

1. 343i has that hatred? Try the community who refuse change. Some people despised it in Reach, merely because it wasn’t the BR. They continued to hate it in 4 because it made all weapons redundant instead of the BR making everything redundant.

2. Lacked skill? Seriously? How about it was used by people who saw hidden potential and didn’t like how limited the game was by the BR? How about people thought it encouraged movement across the map instead of sitting in one spot knowing your BR can and will take out all opposition?

3. Um, a lot of the vocal minority of Halo have been doing everything they can to turn Halo, ever since CE, into a “who-sees-who-first” game. Demanding that their prefered weapon gets a damage buff to further encourage that style of gameplay, and all other weapons get nerfed so that they have to follow their gameplay. Demanding that bloom is removed so that they don’t have to pace their shots and keep firing before they have time to react. Demanding that all gametypes in every playlist have BR starts so that they don’t have to think about any other weapon.

Troll thread - update is the best thing to happen to the game.

> 1. 343i has that hatred? Try the community who refuse change. Some people despised it in Reach, merely because it wasn’t the BR. They continued to hate it in 4 because it made all weapons redundant instead of the BR making everything redundant.

Don’t care what the gun is, I just want balance.

> 2. Lacked skill? Seriously? How about it was used by people who saw hidden potential and didn’t like how limited the game was by the BR? How about people thought it encouraged movement across the map instead of sitting in one spot knowing your BR can and will take out all opposition?

The AR encouraging map movement is not necessary when power weapons exist and when the BR has poor range as well.

The AR also did inferior damage as well, correct me if I’m wrong.

A crutch is by definition “A weapon that is easier to use but less effective overall”. The Halo 3 AR fits this definition fairly well.

What I’d like to see is an automatic like the Focus Rifle or HCE Plasma Rifle. Both take a significant amount of skill and deal decent damage.

But anyways, Halo 3 is designed around AR starts much like Quake is around chaingun starts. Both are completely -Yoink- weapons that are meant to encourage you to use them as a backup or exchange them for something else.

Using the AR in a BR-start gametype would most likely get you destroyed, and for good reason.

> 3. Um, a lot of the vocal minority of Halo have been doing everything they can to turn Halo, ever since CE, into a “who-sees-who-first” game. Demanding that their prefered weapon gets a damage buff to further encourage that style of gameplay, and all other weapons get nerfed so that they have to follow their gameplay. Demanding that bloom is removed so that they don’t have to pace their shots and keep firing before they have time to react. Demanding that all gametypes in every playlist have BR starts so that they don’t have to think about any other weapon.

I don’t remember demanding other weapons become nerfed so one gun can be the best. I don’t recall ever wanting every Halo game to have a BR either.

Bloom is silly. Slow firing times and projectile weapons encourage shot-pacing without randomizing the gun.