Issues with co-operative matchmaking

I’ve been having some trouble with co-operative play matchmaking for campaign and firefight gametypes except for Score Attack, namely that I can’t seem to play those gametypes at all when I’m using my home network unless I am in a party or going into matchmaking with a “guest” account logged in also and even then it can never seem to find any other players, even when there are nearly 5,000 other people playing that gametype (as was the case with Firefight Arcade at one point last week). And when playing co-op matchmaking in a Party I seem to have lots of lag.

I tested this way of playing FFArcade last week several times and was able to play rounds in it (I also logged out the “guest” account when the game started to prevent there being an idle player) and it worked with co-op campaign also (haven’t tried FFLimited yet) but I’m kinda worried I may be breaking one of the Code of Conduct rules by doing so.

IF so, please let me know and I’ll avoid playing those gametypes through that method again. Its just that, while I love playing Score Attack, it feels like I’ve played it so much that I could almost play through a round in my sleep; a trick that certaintly would have helped with last weeks (and this weeks) Weekly Challenge. I want to be able to go into the other firefight modes for an occasional change of pace and to help make Firefight more enjoyable again instead of the almost same-old routine feeling that playing Score Attack is becoming.

This problem doesn’t seem to happen if my 360 is connected to another network. I spent a week visiting my parents over Christmas and had no trouble being matched up in Campaign and Firefight matchmaking while plugged into Live using their internet connection.

Because of this, and the serious lag that occurs when I play those gametypes as part of a party at home I’m sure it has to do with my network and so need to know what I should do to remedy this (besides calling my ISP)

Yes you are breaking rules by signing out your guest, networkmanipulating.
Now if you have trouble connecting to others then it might be your Nat type, it has to be Open.
If it is Open then maybe its a Firewall issue.

> Yes you are breaking rules by signing out your guest, networkmanipulating.
> Now if you have trouble connecting to others then it might be your Nat type, it has to be Open.
> If it is Open then maybe its a Firewall issue.

Great, I try to avoid a ban for having a “guest” AFK so that I can play FFArcade and Campaign matchmaking and wind up breaking a different rule. Guess its back to Score Attack for a while. At least I find this out now before I windup being unable to play online or earn credits.

Hmm, on second thought, if I play FFArcade and have the “guest” account running around racking up kills for the first 5 minutes and then switch controllers and play with my actual account for the rest of the time (or alternatively for campaign matchmaking, if I play the guest account for the first portion of the mission and my actual one for the rest) will I still be violating a CoC rule or will I be ok?

As for my NAT type, it is open; and the Packet Loss Rate is low. However the Upstream Bandwidth is showing Red/Warning. And could you explain what you mean by Firewall issue?

> > Yes you are breaking rules by signing out your guest, networkmanipulating.
> > Now if you have trouble connecting to others then it might be your Nat type, it has to be Open.
> > If it is Open then maybe its a Firewall issue.
>
> Great, I try to avoid a ban for having a “guest” AFK so that I can play FFArcade and Campaign matchmaking and wind up breaking a different rule. Guess its back to Score Attack for a while. At least I find this out now before I windup being unable to play online or earn credits.
>
> Hmm, on second thought, if I play FFArcade and have the “guest” account running around racking up kills for the first 5 minutes and then switch controllers and play with my actual account for the rest of the time (or alternatively for campaign matchmaking, if I play the guest account for the first portion of the mission and my actual one for the rest) will I still be violating a CoC rule or will I be ok?
>
> As for my NAT type, it is open; and the Packet Loss Rate is low. However the Upstream Bandwidth is showing Red/Warning. And could you explain what you mean by Firewall issue?

Doing what you suggested with your guest is bannable, just play Score Attack.

Eh figured as much, and as much as I like Reach it is nowhere near worth the risk. So yeah, back to Score Attack until I figue out how to solve the problem.

Any ideas on what was meant by a “firewall” issue and how I can fix it so that I can actually be matched up with people in co-op matchmaking. Its very annoying when (like what happened last night) there’s over 7,000 people in FFArcade and I try to be matched up (the correct way) and wind up waiting for about 5 minutes until my search gets timed out with a message saying that no other players could be found.

> Eh figured as much, and as much as I like Reach it is nowhere near worth the risk. So yeah, back to Score Attack until I figue out how to solve the problem.
>
> Any ideas on what was meant by a “firewall” issue and how I can fix it so that I can actually be matched up with people in co-op matchmaking. Its very annoying when (like what happened last night) there’s over 7,000 people in FFArcade and I try to be matched up (the correct way) and wind up waiting for about 5 minutes until my search gets timed out with a message saying that no other players could be found.

Open your NAT on the network you are using.

The in-game Network Settings shows my NAT in the green as well as Packet Loss. Upstream bandwidth is in the Red however.

I’m using a wireless adapter to play on live, the modem and router are in another room, with my computer. Do I need to do something on the XBox Dashboard or in the network settings? I’ve tried using a hardline connection to the modem before and I still couldn’t play Campaign or FF matchmaking.