Issues I Have With Firefight

I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.

Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.

Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.

> 2533274808590341;1:
> I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
>
> Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
>
> Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.

You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.

WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.

I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.

OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.

> 2533274797328974;2:
> > 2533274808590341;1:
> > I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
> >
> > Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
> >
> > Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.
>
>
> You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.
>
> WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.
>
> I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.
>
> OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.

Power Weapons are not a waste. When you get the Golden Banshees, a Spartan Laser does a lot of damage. a regular spartan laser can take on one Banshee in 3 shots. A sword ghost does not stand a chance against Boss Vehicles.

As I said, I get the points that say I killed Warden Eternal but I don’t get any progress towards the Warden Eternal commendation as he is the only Promethean enemy commendation I need to complete

> 2533274808590341;3:
> > 2533274797328974;2:
> > > 2533274808590341;1:
> > > I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
> > >
> > > Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
> > >
> > > Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.
> >
> >
> > You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.
> >
> > WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.
> >
> > I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.
> >
> > OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.
>
>
> Power Weapons are not a waste. When you get the Golden Banshees, a Spartan Laser does a lot of damage. a regular spartan laser can take on one Banshee in 3 shots. A sword ghost does not stand a chance against Boss Vehicles.
>
> As I said, I get the points that say I killed Warden Eternal but I don’t get any progress towards the Warden Eternal commendation as he is the only Promethean enemy commendation I need to complete

The reason I say power weapons are a waste is because both the relative amount of damage done and the amount of ammo or lack there of. With a ghost, I have unlimited firepower, and not to mention a nice booster that makes it easy to get away from enemy fire before dying and getting splatter kills, especially on crawlers and soldiers.

Also, I rarely would use a ghost against enemy boss vehicles. You are talking about using a level 6? REQ compared to a level 3 REQ? I think a better comparison would be to the level 6 REQ scorpion that I was referring to as well. I am generally done using the ghost after round 2, and am moving on to either the wraith or scorpion preferably. You are able to take out, what, a max of 2 of those banshees with a spartan laser? While I am getting credit for literally every single banshee getting taken down, even if I wasn’t the last one to hit it because it only takes a few scorpion shots to take them out, and I have unlimited ammo.

I hope you don’t take my response as an attack of any sort on your strategy, I am simply trying to help you get your commendations. I finish with at least 50 kills (usually more like 60 or 70) and 7 or 8 boss kills when available almost every match, and it is NOT because I am good at halo, in fact I think I am pretty average. I do believe it has every bit to do with my strategy of solely using vehicles. It is simply not worth using 6 REQs on a spartan laser or rocket launcher when you can spend the same amount on a scorpion and do way more damage.

> 2533274797328974;2:
> > 2533274808590341;1:
> > I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
> >
> > Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
> >
> > Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.
>
>
> You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.
>
> WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.
>
> I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.
>
> OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.

Putting enough damage seems to be a wishy washy factor. I’ve laid into bosses with various vehicles with no one else in sight, knocked off over 25% of health to have someone get a shot in and I not get credit. Or I’ve had plenty of runs with specifically the sword or normal ghost laying down constant fire over the entire battle not to get credit. It should be damage based but there is something off. The guys I play with see the same thing. Also I’m not sure how the mechanic is supposed to work for vehicle drivers but they should get credit for gunner kills, this seems hit or miss as well but more often then not I’ve missed credit while driving a warthog with various enemies and bosses.

> 2728966917073343;5:
> > 2533274797328974;2:
> > > 2533274808590341;1:
> > > I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
> > >
> > > Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
> > >
> > > Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.
> >
> >
> > You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.
> >
> > WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.
> >
> > I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.
> >
> > OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.
>
>
> Putting enough damage seems to be a wishy washy factor. I’ve laid into bosses with various vehicles with no one else in sight, knocked off over 25% of health to have someone get a shot in and I not get credit. Or I’ve had plenty of runs with specifically the sword or normal ghost laying down constant fire over the entire battle not to get credit. It should be damage based but there is something off. The guys I play with see the same thing. Also I’m not sure how the mechanic is supposed to work for vehicle drivers but they should get credit for gunner kills, this seems hit or miss as well but more often then not I’ve missed credit while driving a warthog with various enemies and bosses.

IMO it has gotten much better. Lately, I have been getting credit for most bosses I do damage on… although I will admit it can get cheeky. The main point I was attempting to stress is that you are far better off spending REQ points on vehicles rather than weapons.

It does suck that you have to be the last to get the shot in for it tow count towards the commendations on Warden. But you also have to remember there were 2 different commendations, one for assisting on the Warden kill (Big Game Hunter) and one for actually getting the kill. He was the only legendary boss when the commendation was released initially so he was the only one that you got credit for an assist on. I am sure if you keep playing you will get some of them occasionally. Try using splinter grenades for the last hit on him, that is how I was able to get so many credits for killing him.

I’m pretty sure we’re going to get a good fix for Warzone Fire Fight. Not a lot of the community was pleased with how it was launched.

> 2533274797328974;6:
> > 2728966917073343;5:
> > > 2533274797328974;2:
> > > > 2533274808590341;1:
> > > > I couldn’t help notice in all the games of Firefight I have played that REQs are not a factor in what we face each round. The recent game I just played, I was within top 3 of the scoreboard. Round 1 was Kill Grunts and Round 2 was Kill Watchers. The we get to Round 3 and it’s 2 Phaeton Bosses and I only have Level 4 REQS meaning if I have Level 4 REQS being in the top 3 of the scoreboard. The rest of the group isn’t going to have any better. That only leaves one option, hope that enough of use use level 4 random REQS and get a Hydra Launcher, Spartan Laser or some other Level 6 REQ capable of doing a good bit of damage to a Phaeton Boss. Infact there is the issue of you have a couple of good players in Vehicles pretty much getting all the kills to themselves it hinders the rest of the team when it comes to fighting bosses. Yes some players are stingy but I’ve recently noticed that sometimes we can’t call in the REQS we may because there is some -Yoink- in a Warthog or Ghost not letting anyone get their REQ level up in the first 2 rounds.
> > > >
> > > > Why do I get points for killing Warden Eternal, yet I don’t get any progress towards the commendation. I am busting my butt off to get the kills on a Warden Eternal but someone else always manages to get the final shot in. I’ve tried trying to wait to get the last shot in. Just unloading on a Warden Eternal but I it’s rare if I get the kill.
> > > >
> > > > Soldiers are getting my nerves, they teleport too much.
> > >
> > >
> > > You must not be putting enough damage on the Warden if you aren’t getting credit for the kill. I get credit after hitting them with a few scorpions rounds without even being close to the last shot.
> > >
> > > WZFF is a game where vehicles reign supreme. A level 3 Sword Ghost is going to rack up way more kills than any level 6 power weapon. That’s just the way the game mode was built. When I am in WZFF I rarely am not inside a vehicle, and I generally always finish with most of the kills. And that is not being greedy, that is just because I am REQ balling and want to win the round… I could care less if I have the most kills.
> > >
> > > I would just suggest using vehicles pretty much 100% of the time. Straight from round 1 start with a scouthog or mongoose and run enemies over. If you are getting enough kills you will have a ghost by round 2. From there it’s pretty easy to splatter your way to a scorpion by round 3 or 4. Then just use the scorpion, I’ve found it’s by far the most effective vehicle in FF.
> > >
> > > OH… and again, dont even bother using power weapons. It is a waste.
> >
> >
> > Putting enough damage seems to be a wishy washy factor. I’ve laid into bosses with various vehicles with no one else in sight, knocked off over 25% of health to have someone get a shot in and I not get credit. Or I’ve had plenty of runs with specifically the sword or normal ghost laying down constant fire over the entire battle not to get credit. It should be damage based but there is something off. The guys I play with see the same thing. Also I’m not sure how the mechanic is supposed to work for vehicle drivers but they should get credit for gunner kills, this seems hit or miss as well but more often then not I’ve missed credit while driving a warthog with various enemies and bosses.
>
>
> IMO it has gotten much better. Lately, I have been getting credit for most bosses I do damage on… although I will admit it can get cheeky. The main point I was attempting to stress is that you are far better off spending REQ points on vehicles rather than weapons.

I can definitely agree with that, nothing worse then running in with a power weapon and A.) get one hit killed before getting off a shot with your new shiny weapon or B.) Unloading a full anticlimactic clip into a boss only for it to take an unnoticeable amount of damage. And that’s even compounded when you get don’t get credit for the damage you did do.

Things that really get to me is the rounds are so simple. Like the 2 boss hunters onthe beech on Apex 7. Why do people feel the need to keep running straight to the hunters and dying. Take the banshees out then the wraith ultras. Kill a few mobs and wait for the second drop of wraiths and banshees. Once all those are dead you are left with just 2 hunters and nothing else. Sick of failing on this round.

And dont get me started on defense rounds. If you see someone hiding behind a warthog inside the base dont get in the vehicle. The enemy cant capture the base if someone is n there.