Issue with My profile

I cannot for the life of me fix my account, yesterday i was playing fine but now i am a recruit with black armour (only if you hover over my character) or if you go into my armoury everything is fine. But also, I cannot play on xbox live, it says the servers are down but I can often see my friends playing in matchmaking, I am not banned, what is happening?

EDIT: 2 minutes after my post my challenges show up, so it seems better now
EDIT 2: and I end the game and the player armour is black again, challenges are hidden and no matchmaking :confused:

Well, problem here is either:

A) with you’re connection to Xbox LIVE
B) you may have reached the cR cap (and reverted to black because of selection to not forfeit cR) which reverts your unlocked armor online to default.

Try re-starting you’re 360 and look at the network status in the start menu, if you’re NAT rating is CLOSED then it affects Matchmaking times and may result in you not being able to join Matchmaking games.

If the above doesn’t help, go to Xbox.com and contact microsoft.
OR
Go to 343i website and contact them.

Both may be able to fix it for you :slight_smile:

> Well, problem here is either:
>
> A) with you’re connection to Xbox LIVE
> B) you may have reached the cR cap (and reverted to black because of selection to not forfeit cR) which reverts your unlocked armor online to default.
>
> Try re-starting you’re 360 and look at the network status in the start menu, if you’re NAT rating is CLOSED then it affects Matchmaking times and may result in you not being able to join Matchmaking games.
>
> If the above doesn’t help, go to Xbox.com and contact microsoft.
> OR
> Go to 343i website and contact them.
>
> Both may be able to fix it for you :slight_smile:

My nat had been shown as open but my bandwidth was undetected, I had restarted my computer/router and xbox 10 times, it didnt work, nothing worked. except a little patience :confused:

Its definitely your connection because the servers are working fine rite now.

Right, to get that to show up you will either have to:

A) Move your 360 closer to your router

B) Move any devices that may be using bandwidth (computers, Ipods, phones etc) away from your router and/or 360 or turn them OFF.

C) Find out what type of Network you are using and refer to your 360’s Wireless Adapter manual to find out what may interfere with signal

D) Imagine a straight line from your console to your router.
Any walls, objects or appliances in the way will weaken the signal and overall performance.

If of the above doesn’t work, send me a PRIVATE MESSAGE with details and images (I might be able to help more and better with some).

Maverick CT59

Sounds like a connection issue to me.
who is your ISP?

PeacE
ShadEO9

This is definitely a connection problem. I hate to give you maintance now, but i can probably help you out.

1st - Unplug your internet (router and modem). Wait 5 minutes.
2nd - Plug it back in.
3rd - turn on xbox.
4th - log in
5th - go to network settings/connections.
6th - USE A ETHERNET CABLE FIRST, SO INTERNET CAN SYNC INTO SYSTEM.
7th - log out
8th - disconnect ethernet cable.
9th - log back in.
10th - go to network settings. connect via wi-fi.
11th - it should read the internet.

I usually do this on my business time but that’s all i can give you. If the internet bandwidth is still not registering, i would assume its the network driver inside the xbox. Sometimes network drivers cause the problem. I have it on 2 of my computers.