Issue with Halo 4's Limited Edition gamecase!

Me and my friends all saved up money and we all bought the Halo 4 Limited Edition Game (gray box with the flap on the front), and we ended up having the same issue rigth about now, and that is that the game case wasnt made right for the CD…

After about 1-2 months after picking up Halo 4 for midnight launch and going home and opening the case, I noticed then that the game was extremly difficult to remove with out damaging the game, which worried me that it might soon start to take its toll, well now thats its been that 2-3 months later it DID start to show it was getting damaged, so after I noticed this I decided to call my friends and ask them if they had the same situation. Turned out, they did, So the point of this thread, to sum up, Can I get a replacement for my copy of Halo 4?. for Faulty Game Case(item) that was made to hold it, I read up that it is my responseability for my own property, but thats for the game and any damage I cause for the games duribility, but in this case(literially), its from poor deisgn on the Game manufactures(Not in any way saying 343 is bad), but this case is has a Serious issue that needs to be resolveded.

For informational detail on CD damages I will describe in Text, Center ring on CD is cracking from CD game case putting to much pressure on cd to hold in place causing for CD duribilty to pull apart from the inside of the CD.

TL:DR
Limited Edition Game Case causes game to break, asking for replacement Halo 4 CD for faulty Gamecase design?

Edit, Since this site is Owned by 343, I will be waiting for a Direct Email if any on how this can be dealt with, knowing that they have access to all Emails that are used for accounts, I am looking forward on how this can be Resolved soon.

Reserved for Any need for esculating the Situation.

> > my case doesn’t seem to be causing problems, are you being forceful when removing or inserting the game disk?
> >
> > i mean, i’ve gotten damage to my gears 3 disk, but all my steelbook cases cause no issues
>
> None at all, when I remove the games from there cases I push the center in as instucted on all Gamecases do, but this one is harder and I can even feel the pressure it puts on it when I squeeze the pins inward.

Interesting Post:

> I feel your pain man, I really do. I wish I would’ve figured this out before but I’ll tell you a trick. When you open the case, place your left thumb on the upper right corner of the side the disks are on. Then put your other four fingers on the back of the case with the disks. You have to kind of bend the case back a little bit , then your right hand’s thumb on the middle circle part where you’d usually press down to get the disk out, and then use your other four fingers on the disk towards that upper right corner again and it should come out easily. I’m beginning to find that the normal cases that come with games nowadays are really wrecking my disks. And it really makes me mad because they feel a lot cheaper then they used to be.

my case doesn’t seem to be causing problems, are you being forceful when removing or inserting the game disk?

i mean, i’ve gotten damage to my gears 3 disk, but all my steelbook cases cause no issues

> my case doesn’t seem to be causing problems, are you being forceful when removing or inserting the game disk?
>
> i mean, i’ve gotten damage to my gears 3 disk, but all my steelbook cases cause no issues

None at all, when I remove the games from there cases I push the center in as instucted on all Gamecases do, but this one is harder and I can even feel the pressure it puts on it when I squeeze the pins inward.

> > my case doesn’t seem to be causing problems, are you being forceful when removing or inserting the game disk?
> >
> > i mean, i’ve gotten damage to my gears 3 disk, but all my steelbook cases cause no issues
>
> None at all, when I remove the games from there cases I push the center in as instucted on all Gamecases do, but this one is harder and I can even feel the pressure it puts on it when I squeeze the pins inward.

i’ve noticed it too, however there has been no damage done to my game disk despite it, that being said, i understand why you desire a replacement and as such will not object to your post, i only wanted to see if there could have been another source for the damage

Is there anything people won’t complain about with this game? ^.^

> Is there anything people won’t complain about with this game? ^.^

I dont know how to reply to this post…

But this is Real reason to Put up this tread, if you have nothing that cannot help in this sitation then please do not post here again.

Lots of game cases have this issue. My advice: don’t keep it in the case. Lucky for me, Halo 4 is the only 360 game (on disc) that I really play right now, so I’ve only removed and re-cased it about 4 or 5 times.

Yeah, the Halo 4 LE case kind of sucks. Most video-game boxes suck right now, I recommend you install your discs and store your video-game discs in a nice reliable disc holder or “booklet”.

I had a hard time getting Disc 2 out of the Limited Edition - I was afraid my case was gonna leave a crack on it when I would try to take it out. I got my mom to get the disc out safely lol, and now I keep Disc 2 in the LE case, but store Disc 1 somewhere else.

i’ve also noticed this. i take about two minutes taking it out each time in fear of damaging it.

> Lots of game cases have this issue. My advice: don’t keep it in the case. Lucky for me, Halo 4 is the only 360 game (on disc) that I really play right now, so I’ve only removed and re-cased it about 4 or 5 times.

It would be nice, but I play lots of games, not just Halo, so I ussaully put them back in there cases so I dont lose them, I would have thought this would have been the best Idea anyways. Too late.

> Yeah, the Halo 4 LE case kind of sucks. Most video-game boxes suck right now, I recommend you install your discs and store your video-game discs in a nice reliable disc holder or “booklet”.
>
> I had a hard time getting Disc 2 out of the Limited Edition - I was afraid my case was gonna leave a crack on it when I would try to take it out. I got my mom to get the disc out safely lol, and now I keep Disc 2 in the LE case, but store Disc 1 somewhere else.

Wish I could, but all my cases have games for them all in them, I dont want to have to buy another case to hold a game for another cases game though, seems kinda -BLAM!-ed to do so. I just hope some one can help with this.

> > Is there anything people won’t complain about with this game? ^.^
>
> I dont know how to reply to this post…
>
> But this is Real reason to Put up this tread, if you have nothing that cannot help in this sitation then please do not post here again.

Okay, okay, I apologise sir. Please chill, I won’t be naughty again.

I read somewhere that Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

If you figured that the game case would damage your disc, why would you continue to use it for 3 months?

If the handle on a knife was loose, only a moron would continue to use it until it broke and cut his fingers off…and then blame the manufacturer.

Personally, I haven’t had an issue with my LE game case, but I have no sympathy for you really.

The Solution: Stop using the case.

> Me and my friends all saved up money and we all bought the Halo 4 Limited Edition Game (gray box with the flap on the front), and we ended up having the same issue rigth about now, and that is that the game case wasnt made right for the CD…
>
> After about 1-2 months after picking up Halo 4 for midnight launch and going home and opening the case, I noticed then that the game was extremly difficult to remove with out damaging the game, which worried me that it might soon start to take its toll, well now thats its been that 2-3 months later it DID start to show it was getting damaged, so after I noticed this I decided to call my friends and ask them if they had the same situation. Turned out, they did, So the point of this thread, to sum up, Can I get a replacement for my copy of Halo 4?. for Faulty Game Case(item) that was made to hold it, I read up that it is my responseability for my own property, but thats for the game and any damage I cause for the games duribility, but in this case(literially), its from poor deisgn on the Game manufactures(Not in any way saying 343 is bad), but this case is has a Serious issue that needs to be resolveded.
>
> For informational detail on CD damages I will describe in Text, Center ring on CD is cracking from CD game case putting to much pressure on cd to hold in place causing for CD duribilty to pull apart from the inside of the CD.
>
> TL:DR
> Limited Edition Game Case causes game to break, asking for replacement for faulty design?
>
> Edit, Since this site is Owned by 343, I will be waiting for a Direct Email if any on how this can be dealt with, knowing that they have access to all Emails that are used for accounts, I am looking forward on how this can be Resolved soon.

I’ve had this same problem I just use my nintendo cases since I’ve sold my Wii and most of my games

> > Yeah, the Halo 4 LE case kind of sucks. Most video-game boxes suck right now, I recommend you install your discs and store your video-game discs in a nice reliable disc holder or “booklet”.
> >
> > I had a hard time getting Disc 2 out of the Limited Edition - I was afraid my case was gonna leave a crack on it when I would try to take it out. I got my mom to get the disc out safely lol, and now I keep Disc 2 in the LE case, but store Disc 1 somewhere else.
>
> Wish I could, but all my cases have games for them all in them, I dont want to have to buy another case to hold a game for another cases game though, seems kinda -BLAM!-ed to do so. I just hope some one can help with this.

Get something like this too put your games in.Ive noticed this too with the limited case, but thankfully i dont store mine in there.

> I read somewhere that Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
>
> If you figured that the game case would damage your disc, why would you continue to use it for 3 months?
>
> If the handle on a knife was loose, only a moron would continue to use it until it broke and cut his fingers off…and then blame the manufacturer.
>
> Personally, I haven’t had an issue with my LE game case, but I have no sympathy for you really.
>
> The Solution: Stop using the case.

So in another way to this, I should go Buy another car, with bicycle tires and keep it as is, im trying to say thats how this feels, but your saying that tje company that made the car, isnt there fault for poor design, its the customers fault for drive the car as is?

> > Me and my friends all saved up money and we all bought the Halo 4 Limited Edition Game (gray box with the flap on the front), and we ended up having the same issue rigth about now, and that is that the game case wasnt made right for the CD…
> >
> > After about 1-2 months after picking up Halo 4 for midnight launch and going home and opening the case, I noticed then that the game was extremly difficult to remove with out damaging the game, which worried me that it might soon start to take its toll, well now thats its been that 2-3 months later it DID start to show it was getting damaged, so after I noticed this I decided to call my friends and ask them if they had the same situation. Turned out, they did, So the point of this thread, to sum up, Can I get a replacement for my copy of Halo 4?. for Faulty Game Case(item) that was made to hold it, I read up that it is my responseability for my own property, but thats for the game and any damage I cause for the games duribility, but in this case(literially), its from poor deisgn on the Game manufactures(Not in any way saying 343 is bad), but this case is has a Serious issue that needs to be resolveded.
> >
> > For informational detail on CD damages I will describe in Text, Center ring on CD is cracking from CD game case putting to much pressure on cd to hold in place causing for CD duribilty to pull apart from the inside of the CD.
> >
> > TL:DR
> > Limited Edition Game Case causes game to break, asking for replacement for faulty design?
> >
> > Edit, Since this site is Owned by 343, I will be waiting for a Direct Email if any on how this can be dealt with, knowing that they have access to all Emails that are used for accounts, I am looking forward on how this can be Resolved soon.
>
> I’ve had this same problem I just use my nintendo cases since I’ve sold my Wii and most of my games

Really, wow… interesting, Ill look into this, after this gets fixed.

Hey, sorry to hear that man, but OT, could I have your armor/weapon skin codes if you haven’t used them yet? I know that’s greedy and OT, but I was just wondering. Thanks!

> > I read somewhere that Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
> >
> > If you figured that the game case would damage your disc, why would you continue to use it for 3 months?
> >
> > If the handle on a knife was loose, only a moron would continue to use it until it broke and cut his fingers off…and then blame the manufacturer.
> >
> > Personally, I haven’t had an issue with my LE game case, but I have no sympathy for you really.
> >
> > The Solution: Stop using the case.
>
> So in another way to this, I should go Buy another car, with bicycle tires and keep it as is, im trying to say thats how this feels, but your saying that tje company that made the car, isnt there fault for poor design, its the customers fault for drive the car as is?

I’m not sure what that analogy was saying, but I’ll guess.

Although the car breaking down could’ve been prevented, the Manufacturer is still liable as their poor design caused the problem to arise.

Is that it? Because it sounds like a just and legal reason to me.