Issue with choking and cracking under pressure!

My friends and I have been playing for awhile. mostly SWAT and breakout. Recently though we’ve been getting really good and have grown a lot over time. We used to be platinum guys and now we are consistently upper-rank diamonds to Onyx. They’ve noticed that I used to be the call and composed guy who could come out and carry the team. Recently though I’ve been feeling a lot of heat from the guys we’ve been playing against. Higher class Onyx and champion teams are all we’ve been playing against.

I feel like we’ve reached a point where we are no longer playing with casuals and everyone is very competitive. Its not a walk in the park anymore. I also know that I have to get used to that but I just don’t know how. I’ve been cracking under pressure a lot more than usual. These champions and higher Onyx guys are so accurate, know where you are before you are there, and their teamwork is off the charts. The game has gone from fun and chill to anxiety fill pressure.

My aim gets all wacky than usual I can’t land shots I normally would. They kill me in like the blink of an eye as soon as I spawn and m,y morale is just destroyed. Every game I’m starting to feel the heat even more. I feel like I’m gonna have a heart attack afterward.
I need tips on how to control myself and keep cool under pressure?

Welcome to the world of Gaming with Anxiety bro. I deal with this -Yoink- every day of my life with casuals and especially with higher diamonds in Team Arena. What really helped me was controlling my breathing, and playing to just play. what playing to play means is that you don’t care if you win or lose, or if you die or not. what this does (for me at least), is lets you find your zen point in your head Thus allowing you to play more calmly and can make distinct movements and rotations around the map and clears up your erratic aiming. Your CSR is higher than mine is, but when something like this happens go play another playlist and just relax and re find your Zen point and chill and then try again. Controlling your breathing is a great way to bring oxygen into your lungs in between games (or if you got eliminated) inhale through your nose slowly for 7 to 9 seconds, hold for 3 or 4 seconds, and exhale through your mouth like you’re going to whistle for 9 seconds. (there is a bunch of stuff on this if you want to google breathing techniques to calm anxiety.) inhale through your nose slowly This works for me, but may not be the thing for you. Best of luck man, hope you can work these out!

Remember that it’s a game and that’s it. If you lose, no one will remember in some time. Ever notice how fast the internet goes through memes and jokes? Same goes for video games. Also the more you play in that pressure the more normal it becomes. I know it’s all easier said than done but over time you get used to it.

> 2533274798253642;3:
> Remember that it’s a game and that’s it. If you lose, no one will remember in some time. Ever notice how fast the internet goes through memes and jokes? Same goes for video games. Also the more you play in that pressure the more normal it becomes. I know it’s all easier said than done but over time you get used to it.

I think it depends on anxiety levels during the game. For me, my hands clench, and I can’t make the correct adjustments to finish the kill. it doesn’t matter the amount of time spent in that kind of pressure I still can’t get used to it and I’ve been playing competitive halo since the original Halo 2 MP. I’m not disagreeing with you either I don’t want my comment to come off as such. Your idea actually is quite sound advice, but it really just depends I suppose.

I feel you dude… But it is just a game. When I’m playing solo (90% of the time), and I’m getting destroyed in Swat, I go play something else. It’s not worth the stress.

> 2533274800355854;2:
> Welcome to the world of Gaming with Anxiety bro. I deal with this -Yoink- every day of my life with casuals and especially with higher diamonds in Team Arena. What really helped me was controlling my breathing, and playing to just play. what playing to play means is that you don’t care if you win or lose, or if you die or not. what this does (for me at least), is lets you find your zen point in your head Thus allowing you to play more calmly and can make distinct movements and rotations around the map and clears up your erratic aiming. Your CSR is higher than mine is, but when something like this happens go play another playlist and just relax and re find your Zen point and chill and then try again. Controlling your breathing is a great way to bring oxygen into your lungs in between games (or if you got eliminated) inhale through your nose slowly for 7 to 9 seconds, hold for 3 or 4 seconds, and exhale through your mouth like you’re going to whistle for 9 seconds. (there is a bunch of stuff on this if you want to google breathing techniques to calm anxiety.) inhale through your nose slowly This works for me, but may not be the thing for you. Best of luck man, hope you can work these out!

Thanks for the advice! I understand completely what you mean! My zen playlist is warzone haha. Technically I become that guy on warzone. I could run around with a magnum and still get at least 30 kills :slight_smile:

Thank you!

> 2533274935387489;6:
> > 2533274800355854;2:
> > Welcome to the world of Gaming with Anxiety bro. I deal with this -Yoink- every day of my life with casuals and especially with higher diamonds in Team Arena. What really helped me was controlling my breathing, and playing to just play. what playing to play means is that you don’t care if you win or lose, or if you die or not. what this does (for me at least), is lets you find your zen point in your head Thus allowing you to play more calmly and can make distinct movements and rotations around the map and clears up your erratic aiming. Your CSR is higher than mine is, but when something like this happens go play another playlist and just relax and re find your Zen point and chill and then try again. Controlling your breathing is a great way to bring oxygen into your lungs in between games (or if you got eliminated) inhale through your nose slowly for 7 to 9 seconds, hold for 3 or 4 seconds, and exhale through your mouth like you’re going to whistle for 9 seconds. (there is a bunch of stuff on this if you want to google breathing techniques to calm anxiety.) inhale through your nose slowly This works for me, but may not be the thing for you. Best of luck man, hope you can work these out!
>
> Thanks for the advice! I understand completely what you mean! My zen playlist is warzone haha. Technically I become that guy on warzone. I could run around with a magnum and still get at least 30 kills :slight_smile:
>
> Thank you!

Yeah man any time. I know it can get rough out there lol. I usually have like 3 weeks of good playing and then my accuracy and decision making falls off the map. It sucks, but it is what it is. Ya gotta handle it the best way you can. Good luck man!

Even at SR 149, I occasionally slip up and choke on my kills and opportunities. Even so, I can spare you some words of advice:

• Take notes from pro players, but try to create your own unique playstyle. - Check your surroundings and radar on a habitual basis to stay alert. If you have a headset (even if it’s a crappy one), listen closely for any nearby noises. - Try to anticipate where your opponents may appear, especially if you’re walking into a room / building. - When using a precision weapon, aim with the innermost portion of the crosshair. While it may seem a bit tricky at first, aim assist and bullet magnetism can only do so much. Try to keep the crosshair around the upper chest / head level. - When firing an automatic weapon for an extended period, a very small dot will appear in the crosshair. Keep that dot on your target to maintain some degree of accuracy on full auto. - Improvise anything in the environment to your advantage! Environmental explosives, structures, and clever use of cover can help you turn the tides for your team.

Me too. I’m usually chill. Out of all my friends I do better than them. But compared to all the competitive guys I don’t really rank with them.
The times ill get anxiety and being under pressure is when I 1v1 a friend of a friend of mine because everyone is always hyping it up. I’ll usually choke, miss easy shots, and because of being under pressure and such it makes me try harder to get the shots, which messes me up even more.
I would just say don’t think about all of it and just play the game. Relax and think about your actions and what your doing.