Isn't the distance fog way to much?

I am looking at the new images and I still get the feeling that a few kilometers into the distance, it is all gray-brown, being/pretending to be fog.
In the new captures, I see this effect even more, and it washes down the overall world beauty and image quality.

I feel like the world could be so beautiful if we were able to see all the environment more clearly, to see how detailed the hills and mountains are…

I do hope they tweak it a bit before release, that one should be easier (but of course, it may be done like this to reduce the level of detail)

Alot of recent games have had this “feature” “depth of field” Which makes things “blurry” or “Foggy” for things out of ur close view. it’s allegedly for immersion but idk how much I believe that.

> 2533274811807878;2:
> Alot of recent games have had this “feature” “depth of field” Which makes things “blurry” or “Foggy” for things out of ur close view. it’s allegedly for immersion but idk how much I believe that.

Yeah, one thing is the depth of field, that blurs things in the distance, giving a greater sense of depth when done right. But the other is this fog that taints it all with this dirty colour.

I mean just look at real life, if you get into a tall building or, especially, travel by plane, if the weather is clear you can see hundreds of kilometers with clear colours and detail. I wish I could do the same in Halo Infinite, to really enjoy the massive environment the game offers. That would be a pretty good wow factor for me.

I don’t mind it but I see what your saying

I definitely agree that the fog can at times just make the whole image look kinda muddy and unfocused. It would be awesome to just look out and see for miles around the Ring at any time. The fog is most likely there as a way to reduce graphical load so that the game does not have to load/show too many objects that are incredibly distant and thus do not need to be loaded until you are closer. This is most likely to preserve frame rate for console, but it is a bit surprising to see it on PC if it is set to ultra. Could be a bit of both a stylistic choice as well as a gpu saving technique, unless all the PC screenshots we have been getting are from a PC that is emulating a Series X experience. Hard to really tell what all is going on until the game actually releases.

I still feel like the perceived improvements to the game’s graphics are largely due to a placebo effect. The weapon textures have definitely improved, but I didn’t think the game looked that bad in 2020 anyway.