Isn't it getting Late?

While Halo 5 is going to be a great game, I think it should have had more marketing promotion by now. Maybe a campaign trailer. COD has one.
Also I have heard of very good games and movies that had bad launches just because of a late trailer.
Example: Batman : mask of phantasm. It had excellent critical reception but failed financially because of late promotion
Any Thoughts?

well, we had a locke teaser/chief teaser, the E3-Gameplay/Trailer and some ViDocs.
That’s actually very good Promo for now, imo

Don’t forget about Hunt the Truth!

Nightfall was a promo/teaser for Halo 5 as well.
Realistically, Halo MCC was built to be a giant teaser for Halo 5.

I would agree, however, I would like to see more Screen Time for Halo commercials. We are a ways out, though!

usually the tv ads don’t start really going until a month or so before the game gets released. Usually…

> 2533274886490718;2:
> well, we had a locke teaser/chief teaser, the E3-Gameplay/Trailer and some ViDocs.
> That’s actually very good Promo for now, imo

I agree. It’s had good advertising so far.

> 2535469530912033;1:
> While Halo 5 is going to be a great game, I think it should have had more marketing promotion by now. Maybe a campaign trailer. COD has one.
> Also I have heard of very good games and movies that had bad launches just because of a late trailer.
> Example: Batman : mask of phantasm. It had excellent critical reception but failed financially because of late promotion
> Any Thoughts?

I would eat up any more promotion they put out but it just recently passed 100 days til the game comes out. There have been a couple different promotions as the prior posts said. Gamescom and beyond there will be more promotion, SE console, additional TV ad’s, Gamescom coverage.

If promotion isn’t nearing full bore between post-Gamescom (say 70 or something days) and 30 days before the game comes out then that would seem very strange to me, a missed opportunity - marketing is HUGE concerning people’s perception (E3 2013 for Xbox). I hope they answer people’s questions and show them why they should buy and play Halo 5 for a long time. If they really think its worth it they need to make it loud and clear and -YOINKING- BA! :slight_smile:

Three E3s (we first caught a glimpse in 2013 with the Halo on Xbox One announcement), Hunt the Truth/ARG, the Master Chief Collection, GameInformer cover story, beta, ViDocs, live-action ads, etc.

I wouldn’t say Halo 5 has been shy on marketing so far.

What we really need is an advertisement of forge and customs, everyone loves forge and customs. This would get a lot of people interested, no doubt. Show off some classics, like speed halo, fat kid, nascar, warthog derby, avalanche, jenga, etc.

We had a ton of promo HuntTheTruth on soundcloud, videos, E3 videos, ViDoc, on ComicConm on a few weeks Gamescom, Toys of Mcfarlane, Movies (Like Nightfall), Pre-order game with “exclusives” (that is not really exclusive), comics like escalation and initiation, books like New Blood,Last night & Hunters in the Dark so… There’s a lot
I don’t know what more you want, a tv commercial?

I think that anyone who wants to know about (HALO FANS) already do
Even if it doesn’t have commercials on regular TV and websites we (HALO FANS) know about it and I think that’s enough for a successful launch

> 2535469530912033;1:
> While Halo 5 is going to be a great game, I think it should have had more marketing promotion by now. Maybe a campaign trailer. COD has one.
> Also I have heard of very good games and movies that had bad launches just because of a late trailer.
> Example: Batman : mask of phantasm. It had excellent critical reception but failed financially because of late promotion
> Any Thoughts?

There will be more after Gamescom for sure.

Gamescom coming up. Plus we’ve had loads of stuff already.

If you’ve been waiting for Halos since…well, just about every halo…you’d know MS usually don’t start the heavy promos until just a couple months before release. We’re getting close. Not saying we haven’t already had a lot of information already.

Though I will admit, 343i had RT make like two RvB Halo 4 ads by this point for it’s pre-release. But with Gamescom and RTX in a couple weeks, I’m certain we’ll see a lot of ads/info soon. Very soon.

> 2533274907934539;8:
> Three E3s (we first caught a glimpse in 2013 with the Halo on Xbox One announcement), Hunt the Truth/ARG, the Master Chief Collection, GameInformer cover story, beta, ViDocs, live-action ads, etc.
>
> I wouldn’t say Halo 5 has been shy on marketing so far.

Pretty much.

OP there has been a ton of advertising out already. Tons of videos, promos at E3, Hunt the Truth, youtube videos, blog posts, magazine advertisements. TV stuff specifically will probably come in August/September. I don’t doubt that Microsoft has it’s handle on how to advertise properly, they’ve been doing it before.

> 2533274886490718;2:
> well, we had a locke teaser/chief teaser, the E3-Gameplay/Trailer and some ViDocs.
> That’s actually very good Promo for now, imo

yes, I don’t want them to show too much, that’s enough.

I would rather prefer them to show the Raid on Apex 7 map!

There have been a few. Hunt the Truth was a big one. But, dude, it’s Halo.

The OP means more mainstream ads. I would like to see them sure…there is so.ething to be said about them. I remember a few of my friends buying Crysis 2 solely because of the second chance ad

> 2533274898131165;9:
> What we really need is an advertisement of forge and customs, everyone loves forge and customs. This would get a lot of people interested, no doubt. Show off some classics, like speed halo, fat kid, nascar, warthog derby, avalanche, jenga, etc.

Lol you know Halo 5 won’t launch with a fully functional custom games. File browser will be missing again, because time constraints. I’m keeping my expectations that low at least, it always seems to get the lesser end of the stick.

It’s taking a stab to your own community, it needs to be there at launch. No one wants to wait months on end for customs to be fully functionally, because by then, people would have already left for something else. It should be expected every time now, but can’t even be guaranteed.

2 months ago I was at the cinema and an Xbox ad with Locke came up. I felt like the only person there out of 100 to understand it.