Isabel Leader Powers - specifics

Hello,

Firstly, if this question has already been answered somewhere I apologise for reposting but I’ve not been able to find the information I’m looking for.

When playing Isabel, is it known how long Combat Salvager and Ghost in the Machine last? I’ve found their cooldown time, their cost etc but I want to know how long the power is effective ie 10 seconds, 20 seconds etc.

After playing a lot as Isabel, the powers seem great and hugely helpful on paper but I’ve had less success with them than I thought I would, rarely getting more than a couple of units back from Salvager and limited destruction of opponents forces using Ghost.

Thanks in advance.

Mayhem AU.

I don’t know the exact numbers but it seems different every time. Maybe that’s just me though. She’s a fairly underwhelming leader it seems but one question I have for her is if her combat salvage and ghost in the machine abilities stack. Meaning if she takes over a unit and it gets destroyed, does it revive at her base?

In my opinion she’s the weakest leader in the game. If scorpions got a buff she’d be a lot better off but even then her early game is by far the weakest.

Afraid I don’t have the numbers, but when using combat salvage it’s best to use them with your high cost units when they’re red. I’ve been able to get the full 8 back this way.

Ghost in the Machine though… Seems to only work for like a second or two at most. I’ve stopped using it altogether because it’s been the most worthless leader power I’ve seen considering they get a slight visual effect that they’re changing sides and then immediately begin to attack me again.

I think Ghost in the Machine is supposed to last 10 or 15 seconds, but it sure seems to fade faster than that. It’s a very weak power, especially since it can’t take control of super and ultimate units.

No idea about Combat Salvage, as I haven’t gotten around to even trying it yet.

Most of Isabel’s abilities are kinda lackluster, but the Mac Blast is very, very strong. Fully upgraded, it has a huge radius, and the firing delay is super short. Very hard to move units away from it.

> 2533274812650916;2:
> I don’t know the exact numbers but it seems different every time. Maybe that’s just me though. She’s a fairly underwhelming leader it seems but one question I have for her is if her combat salvage and ghost in the machine abilities stack. Meaning if she takes over a unit and it gets destroyed, does it revive at her base?
>
> In my opinion she’s the weakest leader in the game. If scorpions got a buff she’d be a lot better off but even then her early game is by far the weakest.

yes you are right.

As Ship Master when playing 2s or 3s against an Isabel I wait for the Ghost and then use displacement. Always fun when you xfer more of your own stolen units then units Isabel already owned, as when they switch back its typically a blood bath.

So it seems my preferred leader is also the least popular because of the lack lustre skills sigh.

I also felt Ghost had varying effective time, I thought it might have something to do with the number of units you took control of? Could be wrong on that though.

Salvager seems to be about timing, clearly my timing is off.

I do like the the reduced cost of vehicles, that is a bonus and I’ll use the MAC blast more based on what has been said.

It would be scary if the skills stacked like someone mentioned as you only get 8 units back imagine it was all their low end units… For me that would be hard to manage in my head.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Mayhem AU out.

It seems to me that higher tier units are affected for a longer duration than lower tier units when you cast ghost in the machine. It may also be dependent on YOUR OWN tech tier. Population also a possibility.

Hey ericlolol,

You raise some points I hadn’t considered and will look for if and when I use Ghost.

It just seems odd the explanations of the leader powers are so basic considering their complexity compared to other leader powers IE repair drones.

Maybe people from the Halo Wars 2 team read the forums and will choose to share some insight around these and other leader powers in due time.

All the best

Mayhem AU out.

using salvage in blitz I was very disappointed. You basically need to be in the act of having your army die off if you want it to be successful, it ends super quickly. and here I assumed that tagging your units would leave them tagged for, if not ever, at least a minute or two.

ghost in the machine I haven’t tried myself yet, but every single person i’ve talked to has hated using this power.

Does anyone know the best place to share some of the above so the Devs could read?

> 2533274898918084;11:
> Does anyone know the best place to share some of the above so the Devs could read?

Reddit. They pay more attention there than here, on their own official forums.

Thanks Sergeant Bracken,

Hmm, that means yet a mother forum, I was more hoping they monitored a different location on this forum… O well.

Ghost in the machine does depend on how many units you select.
i found it useful for example im fighting ateiox and he has anti air and locust and i have air units i thpically take control of the ani air units and move them away as i bring in the air units to kill the locusts as they have a a long distance shot and you pair 3- or 4 together they will demolish 1 or 2 tanks while backing away as they are slow and ur infantry units are to slow to catch up as well. Thats the only time ove found it useful very minimal specially when they have bunched up units. Sometimes ill control powerfull big number units and drop a macblast just as they are about to convert back this way it gives them no chance to survive

It depends in how many units you select. And when I say units I mean slots. For example, a Vulture stand for way more than 1 unit. So if you try to hack three vultures you will probably not get more than 2 seconds control…
I love using her but I admit she is sooo damn weak sometimes.

I feel extremely happy to know that with Colony they will adjust her better. I was switching to Atriox, but now that they say this I am going to keep working with her and wait to see if the update has any effect.

Definitely sure that a guy the other day has stolen some of my army for more than 20 seconds (blitz).
I then used Vortex and Suicide grunt on him.