Is YapYap canon?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question. But a lot of the other non canon characters have a “disclaimer” that this is what would have happened if the Arbiter for example had been in charge.

Is there a Grunt Rebellion on the Ark? Whats the deal this “Throne of Woe” who he keeps arguing with and telling him that they will take the Ark for the Ungoy. Where did he get the goblins and “glassy eyed” canon fodder grunts from.

I mean originally I assumed that this was basically just an insane grunt in some ruin who was just having lucid dreams where he lives out his fantasy of conquering the Ark.

Halopedia has some info about him.
I am not sure, but did Cortana give Gobblins to Grunts as gift for allying Created, if so Yapyap could be working for her maybe?

The dead ones are non-canon. Anyone who’s still alive and could possibly be on the ark, are.
Ex; Colony, who we see in Operation Spearbreaker. Jerome, obviously. Considering Yapyap is, well, basically just a Grunt, and we know Grunts have revolted before (ex; the Unggoy Rebellion that let them have weapons in the field for the first time)…

> 2535450453445225;2:
> Halopedia has some info about him.
> I am not sure, but did Cortana give Gobblins to Grunts as gift for allying Created, if so Yapyap could be working for her maybe?

But then why would she be working through proxies? If she is able to send over technology and extra grunts (not sure what glassy eyed means, maybe cloning?), couldn’t she send over an army of Prometheans as well. Plus, the Grunts in the Canonfodder knew who Cortana was. Why act through a chair and manipulate a grunt when she could just directly command them to do stuff? If her plan is to end war, then wouldn’t she try to destroy the UNSC and Banished on the Ark? There has to be a valid reason why she hasn’t went and I am not sure what it could be.

The only thing I can possibly think of is that as part of her “long war” thing, she wants to use the Ark as a giant petri dish where she can study UNSC/Covenant tactics and how they respond to new weapons like the Grunt Goblin. In fact its possible that’s why she slip-spaced the Spirit of Fire to the Ark so she could observe the UNSC making war. But then, she should know that already and as regards conquering the galaxy I don’t think shes playing “the long game” at all. Plus the Ark is too important to just use as a giant war games simulator.

Also the weird mention of the cyborg grunts he has could suggest where they might take groups of humans/covenant who support Cortana in Halo 6? Halo Mythos does talk about her wanting to “nurture and evolve organic life as she saw fit”; cyborg grunts would kind of fit with that.

If Yapyap and the story of him were true I’m pretty certain that the entity behind it would be the same who brought Spirit of Fire to Ark. Maybe it’s Medicant Bias or some other ancilla.

> 2533274803587475;4:
> > 2535450453445225;2:
> > Halopedia has some info about him.
> > I am not sure, but did Cortana give Gobblins to Grunts as gift for allying Created, if so Yapyap could be working for her maybe?
>
> But then why would she be working through proxies? If she is able to send over technology and extra grunts (not sure what glassy eyed means, maybe cloning?), couldn’t she send over an army of Prometheans as well. Plus, the Grunts in the Canonfodder knew who Cortana was. Why act through a chair and manipulate a grunt when she could just directly command them to do stuff? If her plan is to end war, then wouldn’t she try to destroy the UNSC and Banished on the Ark? There has to be a valid reason why she hasn’t went and I am not sure what it could be.
> The only thing I can possibly think of is that as part of her “long war” thing, she wants to use the Ark as a giant petri dish where she can study UNSC/Covenant tactics and how they respond to new weapons like the Grunt Goblin. In fact its possible that’s why she slip-spaced the Spirit of Fire to the Ark so she could observe the UNSC making war. But then, she should know that already and as regards conquering the galaxy I don’t think shes playing “the long game” at all. Plus the Ark is too important to just use as a giant war games simulator.
> Also the weird mention of the cyborg grunts he has could suggest where they might take groups of humans/covenant who support Cortana in Halo 6? Halo Mythos does talk about her wanting to “nurture and evolve organic life as she saw fit”; cyborg grunts would kind of fit with that.

The problem with that is the Goblin being an existance vehicle before Halo 5; they appear in Halo: Envoy, which takes place one month before H5, under Hekabe’s command

Guys, it’s obvious that the Throne of Woe is Mendicant Bias in disguise. What better way to indirectly help the Spirit of Fire than to trigger an Unggoy rebellion from within the Banished’s ranks.

Please do not take this post too seriously, there’s only like a 20% chance that it’s actually Mendicant Bias :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s sitting on Mendicant Bias? :slight_smile:

> 2533274803587475;8:
> He’s sitting on Mendicant Bias? :slight_smile:

That… sounded wrong… But yeah that sounds like a one possible scenario. Although it might be someone entirely else who likes to be sit on.

I have no idea, but thank you for asking the one question I’ve always been afraid to ask.

I asked the question during the stream.
Not entirely canon, not all of it it seems.