Is Waypoint due for an overhaul?

In regard to Halo 5, with it nearing its debut, are we due for some big or slight changes? The stats are more than likely going to get updated, since H5 is including damage dealt and accuracy stats, maybe more. Are there more features/things to come, regarding the forums? Mods, do you know something that we don’t, no, or is it classified?

I imagine there will be some changes coming, but I don’t see anything major. The new site design was only launched about a year ago, so we’ll be running with this for a while I’d imagine :slight_smile: What I do hope to see though, and something I’ve put forward to 343 already (well at least I hope it was passed on haha), is an open API for Halo 5 / Halo Waypoint. I really hope they take that suggestion on board

Nope, we’re as much in the dark as you are, though if we knew, we couldn’t tell anyway.

Edit: and as stckrboy said, it’s not long since we got the previous update, though I would have nothing against an update if it meant improved mod tools. Also, I’m moving this to General Discussion where this is more relevant.

If anything I hope they improve post editing with quotations, add multi quoting, and so forth. Currently it’s a nightmare trying to quote a small segment of someone’s much larger post.

> 2661949065475413;4:
> If anything I hope they improve post editing with quotations, add multi quoting, and so forth. Currently it’s a nightmare trying to quote a small segment of someone’s much larger post.

The whole post editor is terrible. If there was to be an update, I prefer going back to the old style of only having the source code view, and the shortcuts on the top only adding the wanted BBCode around whatever block of text you choose. Having the editing done in code view with formatting shortcuts is the way to go, trumps WYSIWYG 100% of the time.

> 2533274825830455;5:
> > 2661949065475413;4:
> > If anything I hope they improve post editing with quotations, add multi quoting, and so forth. Currently it’s a nightmare trying to quote a small segment of someone’s much larger post.
>
>
> The whole post editor is terrible. If there was to be an update, I prefer going back to the old style of only having the source code view, and the shortcuts on the top only adding the wanted BBCode around whatever block of text you choose. Having the editing done in code view with formatting shortcuts is the way to go, trumps WYSIWYG 100% of the time.

I actually prefer the current system. Takes some getting used to I admit that. But it can be beneficial big threads like my canon order. It cuts down the amount of letters you use in a post. By having the BBCode not take up that precious count. Though that is probably something hardly anyone will encounter. An extreme case as they say in testing.

This forum also allows straight copy and paste. Which I bet is tied into the editor. Which has to pick out Bold, Italics, Links, and so on.

Plus the Source code button does the job of showing the inner-workings of your post. So if there is any things needing to be done closely you could use that a lot.

I actually really like this forum design probably the best design I have seen out of any forum

I would like some more changes. Both halo 5 and generally. What I want the most from halo 5 is Spartan and emblem avatars

> 2533274836874363;6:
> > 2533274825830455;5:
> > > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > If anything I hope they improve post editing with quotations, add multi quoting, and so forth. Currently it’s a nightmare trying to quote a small segment of someone’s much larger post.
> >
> >
> > The whole post editor is terrible. If there was to be an update, I prefer going back to the old style of only having the source code view, and the shortcuts on the top only adding the wanted BBCode around whatever block of text you choose. Having the editing done in code view with formatting shortcuts is the way to go, trumps WYSIWYG 100% of the time.
>
>
> I actually prefer the current system. Takes some getting used to I admit that. But it can be beneficial big threads like my canon order. It cuts down the amount of letters you use in a post. By having the BBCode not take up that precious count. Though that is probably something hardly anyone will encounter. An extreme case as they say in testing.
>
> This forum also allows straight copy and paste. Which I bet is tied into the editor. Which has to pick out Bold, Italics, Links, and so on.
>
> Plus the Source code button does the job of showing the inner-workings of your post. So if there is any things needing to be done closely you could use that a lot.

On the flip side, trying to delete quotes within quotes or break one quote into smaller quotes is impossible. The editor is also littered with bugs: editing a post deletes all empty lines, trying to edit text straight after a link or any other formatted text also picks up the formatting, deleting a single quote inside multple quotes also deletes all the succeeding quotes.

To be honest, I’d be fine if the source code view just allowed me to press all the buttons. That way I wouldn’t have to jump between the two views when I want to do different things. Now it’s just that one view does one thing right, and another thing terribly, and the other does it the opposite way.

> 2533274825830455;9:
> > 2533274836874363;6:
> > > 2533274825830455;5:
> > > > 2661949065475413;4:
> > > > If anything I hope they improve post editing with quotations, add multi quoting, and so forth. Currently it’s a nightmare trying to quote a small segment of someone’s much larger post.
> > >
> > >
> > > The whole post editor is terrible. If there was to be an update, I prefer going back to the old style of only having the source code view, and the shortcuts on the top only adding the wanted BBCode around whatever block of text you choose. Having the editing done in code view with formatting shortcuts is the way to go, trumps WYSIWYG 100% of the time.
> >
> >
> > I actually prefer the current system. Takes some getting used to I admit that. But it can be beneficial big threads like my canon order. It cuts down the amount of letters you use in a post. By having the BBCode not take up that precious count. Though that is probably something hardly anyone will encounter. An extreme case as they say in testing.
> >
> > This forum also allows straight copy and paste. Which I bet is tied into the editor. Which has to pick out Bold, Italics, Links, and so on.
> >
> > Plus the Source code button does the job of showing the inner-workings of your post. So if there is any things needing to be done closely you could use that a lot.
>
>
> On the flip side, trying to delete quotes within quotes or break one quote into smaller quotes is impossible. The editor is also littered with bugs: editing a post deletes all empty lines, trying to edit text straight after a link or any other formatted text also picks up the formatting, deleting a single quote inside multple quotes also deletes all the succeeding quotes.
>
> To be honest, I’d be fine if the source code view just allowed me to press all the buttons. That way I wouldn’t have to jump between the two views when I want to do different things. Now it’s just that one view does one thing right, and another thing terribly, and the other does it the opposite way.

Well I have to agree you need to fight with the Editor to get your post looking awesome. Quotes are an nightmare to deal with. Lists also.
So I am not against an update. Anything that makes our posting easier is great news.
I just hope that if one happens, link code doesn’t take letter count in the post again. That was very annoying to deal with back in 2010, to 2014.(and it would ruin my canon order)

Please no. I finally got used to this version of the forums. D:

> 2533274974984138;8:
> I would like some more changes. Both halo 5 and generally. What I want the most from halo 5 is Spartan and emblem avatars

I can’t wait for some Halo 5 Avatars, or when we can use our Halo 5 Spartan as our Avi.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274821174589;12:
> > 2533274974984138;8:
> > I would like some more changes. Both halo 5 and generally. What I want the most from halo 5 is Spartan and emblem avatars
>
>
> I can’t wait for some Halo 5 Avatars, or when we can use our Halo 5 Spartan as our Avi.

I was disappointed that I couldn’t use my MCC embelm on here. Hopefully Halo 5 uses a lot of the MCC emblems as well.

I hope they better optimize mobile experiences soon. After a certain character count, it’s almost impossible to add links or quotes without messing up the whole post.