Is Warzone Firefight the last free update?

Can someone please tell me if this is going to be the last free update for halo 5?

I believe this is the final one that they promised way back when.

However, they haven’t said anything suggesting they don’t plan to have any more content updates, and have said there’ll still be non-content support like bug fixes.

So there’ll probably be more updates coming.

I hope there are new ones. Since there’s still a lot of stuff that I would love to see, like race

No info to go off of yet. All that’s confirmed is everything is free “till” June at the least. No idea if they’ll continue after June or switch to paid dlc after. All I have to say is if they sell game modes then -Yoink- you to 343.

They have said support will continue with new updates. Firefight is simply the last of the timed “promised” updates. It should actually drive some better updates than the ones we have had. They will be able to actually listen to what players want, develop, test and release when it is ready rather than risking the players’ wrath if they miss the timetable.

supposedly.

I hope they keep updating halo 5 for free. Cuz I’m not paying for dlc.
There’s already micro transactions in the game.

Tom French seems to suggest that there will be additional updates to Forge (at least).

No. I don’t think that this will be the last update. Though there are posters that show this as the last one, the descriptions of this update say, “The latest update”. It doesn’t say the last. We maybe get another, just not listed yet.

Paid DLC goes against 343’s ideas for Halo 5, so I doubt we’d be seeing anything like that. We have confirmation that the game will be supported just not what that support entails, but I can see new REQs, game modes, maps on the cards - especially since a host of map submission threads just went up in the Community Creations forums. Halo 5 isn’t done yet, not by a long shot and especially not if you’ve seen even a tiny bit of the Forge Team’s backlog/wishlist :wink:

> 2533274813317074;10:
> Paid DLC goes against 343’s ideas for Halo 5, so I doubt we’d be seeing anything like that. We have confirmation that the game will be supported just not what that support entails, but I can see new REQs, game modes, maps on the cards - especially since a host of map submission threads just went up in the Community Creations forums. Halo 5 isn’t done yet, not by a long shot and especially not if you’ve seen even a tiny bit of the Forge Team’s backlog/wishlist :wink:

that sounds reasonable.

> 2533274813317074;10:
> Paid DLC goes against 343’s ideas for Halo 5, so I doubt we’d be seeing anything like that. We have confirmation that the game will be supported just not what that support entails, but I can see new REQs, game modes, maps on the cards - especially since a host of map submission threads just went up in the Community Creations forums. Halo 5 isn’t done yet, not by a long shot and especially not if you’ve seen even a tiny bit of the Forge Team’s backlog/wishlist :wink:

Thats interesting…I would love to the backlog/wishlist…lol

Hopefully we’ll continue to get more updates as the months pass by… I’m hoping for many of these gametypes and playlists from previous Halos to get added, such as:

• Community Forge Map Playlist (e.g. Hang 'em High, Zanzibar, Guardian, Boardwalk, Haven) - Action Sack (Husky Raid, Lightning CTF, Ninja Assassins, Medal Madness) - Swat CTF - King of the Hill - Extraction - Dominion (including Lockdown) - Oddball (with the Halo 4 ball, which glows blue) - Ricochet - Regicide in FFA (also BTB Team Regicide) - Juggernaut - Race

> 2533274828509198;13:
> Hopefully we’ll continue to get more updates as the months pass by… I’m hoping for many of these gametypes and playlists from previous Halos to get added, such as:
>
> - Community Forge Map Playlist (e.g. Hang 'em High, Zanzibar, Guardian, Boardwalk, Haven)
> - Action Sack (Husky Raid, Lightning CTF, Ninja Assassins, Medal Madness)
> - Swat CTF
> - King of the Hill
> - Extraction
> - Dominion (including Lockdown)
> - Oddball (with the Halo 4 ball, which glows blue)
> - Ricochet
> - Regicide in FFA (also BTB Team Regicide)
> - Juggernaut
> - Race

I hope they keep updating halo 5 until halo 6 comes out

Hopefully there will be more free updates. Every game now is so DLC heavy it’s sickening. This is one of very few that’s not but I guess that’s why there are the micro-transactions

Hopefully more will come. I want season 2 of spartan ops.

> 2533274887875135;16:
> Hopefully more will come. I want season 2 of spartan ops.

that would be awesome

I hope not, I wanna see more free armor and stuff ! Like the original ODST armor and stuff

> 2533274875290025;18:
> I hope not, I wanna see more free armor and stuff ! Like the original ODST armor and stuff

I agree. They should keep adding stuff from older halos. Like hayabusa, brute choper etc.

Franky made some comments that would hint at continued updates. Early on he said that the 8 update would definitely happen and if the REQ system was profitable they would keep going, More recently he said that support wasn’t ending with WZFF so I think more content updates are quite likely, however they may occur at a slower rate, who knows.