Is Warzone broken?

Most matches seem to end up extremely one sided. I ve seen scoreboards where the top player can have as many kills as the entire opposing team. This is mostly because of the snowballing effect and some vehicles like Banshees and Wasps being extremely powerful with few counters. This is a lot of fun if you’re on a winning team but not so fun for the opponents with a high quit rate.

Basically one team will get a small advantage, spawn trap their opponent and then snowball their REQs. The opposition very rarely comes back from this as there’s so many vehicles on the field and it’s very difficult to take bases back.

But even if one team totally dominates the other the core is so difficult to attack that a game which should have ended drags on until they kill enough players to win the game.

Personally I think they should look at how Conquest works on battlefield. There should be more spawn points and capture points to make it easier to take them. Not every capture point should be an impregnable fortress where one man can hold off an entire team. It shouldn’t be possible to besiege the core for 10 minutes whilst easily having time to boot out any flankers who try to capture your other bases.

They should also raise the REQ level of all flying vehicles except the Phaeton. The Wasp is far too good for what it does and there’s no counter to it. It really shouldn’t be priced like a ghost.

My matches have been a lot closer since the update dropped. I think they made Warzone a lot better.

> 2535455681930574;2:
> My matches have been a lot closer since the update dropped. I think they made Warzone a lot better.

Do you think that there’s much chance of 343 keeping the 6-man fire team limit?

> 2533274870717152;3:
> > 2535455681930574;2:
> > My matches have been a lot closer since the update dropped. I think they made Warzone a lot better.
>
> Do you think that there’s much chance of 343 keeping the 6-man fire team limit?

I don’t know, but if they remove it, they better add Team based matching. I’ve been having so much fun in warzone now that I don’t destroyed by a full team every few matches.q

> 2535455681930574;2:
> My matches have been a lot closer since the update dropped. I think they made Warzone a lot better.

I haven’t really noticed it that much at all TBH. I know making it less possible to get the uber team with all the REQ’s makes it less likely to get owned but IMO there is something wrong with Warzone. If I go on something like Battlefield 1 on Conquest the game feels very balanced, sure you get the high achievers but for the most part the attrition rate for the whole team stays the same. But in WZ Halo you just get this reaping of kills. Its staggering how common it is to see obscene kill ratios and the disparity between the winning and losing sides.

I reckon that we need:

• More capture points

• Some points that are easier to capture. So for example on Escape from Arc maybe add points in the tunnels, on the buildings outside your base, at the back where the bosses normally spawn. So each map has 6 plus points that rapidly change hands and make it much harder to baselock a team. Three super hard to take bases is too few and creates a host of problems.

• The Core easier to take. It makes sense for Warzone Assault but in basic Warzone, if the team takes all the points, you really shouldn’t have this absurd situation where they are just besieging you in your core but themselves unable to take it out. If the game has become that one sided it should be a cakewalk.

• Banshee becomes a level 7 REQ, level 8 for Ultra. They’re just so much better than tanks or the Mantis (which IMO is still over costed).

• Normal Wasp level 5 REQ. It shouldn’t cost less than the weapons designed to shoot it down…The rest should be level 6 and 7 respectively. They are that good and you shouldn’t have two or three of them early game where they can wreck an enemy team.

It’s a broken gametype if you are expecting any kind of balance. It’s the req system. Think about it, 343 designed it to allow the better players to earn higher req levels quicker, which allows those better players to access seriously OP weapons earlier than the lesser skilled players. That’s what warzone is and how it was designed, yet the community complains about “warzone balance” and so 343 starts trying to balance a game mode that can never ever be balanced. One team will most likely always wreck the other team due to the req system and how it snowballs. Oddly enough the most balanced mode in Halo 5 is ranked arena. Similarly skilled opponents with the same weapons on (mostly) symmetrical maps, yet we all want to take our BR and challenge a guy with a Nornfang in warzone, then complain that the game isn’t balanced. It’s functioning exactly as designed in my opinion.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Yep. It is definitely broken. Ever since they limited fireteams to 6. It’s great to rack up kills and farm all day long, but there’s no longer any teamwork or strategy. It’s gone downhill since the update. Such a shame because it used to be so much fun.

In order for something to be broken it needs to have been working in the first place

People claiming it’s “broken”…smh… I haven’t noticed that much of a difference. Actually if anything there has been more close games. BTB is where the large teams went. There seems to be more one sided games there.