Is TitanFall a system seller

Titanfall came out in the uk on Friday so I may be late on this.

Anyway is this game worth getting? Yes it’s an 8/10, great game

Is it a system seller? No unfortunately.

If you want an X1 get the bundle with titanfall you won’t regret it, trust me. If you are still stuck on what to get, whether it be X1 or PS4 you may have to wait abit longer.

Why it’s an 8/10 for me is because while it’s a really fun game, the story mode isn’t really compelling which isn’t a big deal but the game does lack content with only 10 guns for the pilot and 6 for the titan it’s a bit minimum. The game really could of used a lot of customisation like halo as well. I know I’m talking a lot about the negatives but the game has it’s insane moments e.g someone hijack me, I ejected and we both flew 1mile into the sky and had a midair battle while we were falling.

If anyone says the PC version is way better than the X1 they’re lying. The X1 version is slightly darker to help with the lower resolution(792p) but you won’t even notice it.

Finally the smart pistol… It’s rubbish, not OP in anyway so don’t worry

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

  1. The question for any game really isn’t whether or not you should get a console to play it; the real question is whether a game makes it worth getting a console right now. With that being said: yes, Titanfall is worth getting an Xbox One right now. If you’re waiting around for a $50 price cut that you hope comes around this Christmas, then you should jump in now. After all, if you’re willing to pay around $450 later for the console, why wouldn’t you pay $50 to have it right now for an extra year?

  2. “But I’m just going to get it on the 360” you say. Fingers crossed it measures up. Respawn didn’t make Titanfall for the 360. I haven’t found any gameplay videos of the 360 version. Add all that to it being delayed and you can’t help but wonder about it.

  3. As for the smart pistol, use it with the run-and-gun kit. That way you can lock on and fire while sprinting. Certainly not OP but effective. Everything in the game is exceptionally balanced.

> 1. The question for any game really isn’t whether or not you should get a console to play it; the real question is whether a game makes it worth getting a console right now. With that being said: yes, Titanfall is worth getting an Xbox One right now. If you’re waiting around for a $50 price cut that you hope comes around this Christmas, then you should jump in now. After all, if you’re willing to pay around $450 later for the console, why wouldn’t you pay $50 to have it right now for an extra year?
>
> 2. “But I’m just going to get it on the 360” you say. Fingers crossed it measures up. Respawn didn’t make Titanfall for the 360. I haven’t found any gameplay videos of the 360 version. Add all that to it being delayed and you can’t help but wonder about it.
>
> 3. As for the smart pistol, use it with the run-and-gun kit. That way you can lock on and fire while sprinting. Certainly not OP but effective. Everything in the game is exceptionally balanced.

The smart pistol is more of minion killer so it’s good if you want to get a titan quicker but your better off aiming to kill a pilot. The Amped version is scary though…

I have actually heard that titanfall is rather underwhelming. The lack of a single player campaign with nothing but multiplayer hampers it and I have heard too many times “feels like COD but with mechs.” Along with other, more minor complaints that can be summed up to “feels a bit rushed.” Those first two things alone killed any interest I had in it. Now those who don’t care as much about those two things in a game (and this is a bit of a leap here but I’ll leap there anyways) probably they have already decided that the xbox one is the right console for them. Sadly I really felt Microsoft dropped the ball on this “next gen” console that is more loaded with features I don’t want than do want. If it wasn’t for halo I could say for certainty that I would never buy one. Why must you be on this console only halo? :confused:

So in summation, no. Definitely is not the console pusher that it has been incredibly overhyped to be

I’ve read good things about it. Hell, it had over 2 million beta players along with multiple awards before it’s release even. Not to mention the X1 almost beat PS4 sales last month where as the month before this wasn’t the case.

Titanfall seems great!

> If anyone says the PC version is way better than the X1 they’re lying. The X1 version is slightly darker to help with the lower resolution(792p) but you won’t even notice it.

Dude, it looks like the exact same graphic quality, the PC version may have some sharper detail, but over all, it’s the exact same graphic quality. The fact that the Xbox One version is slightly darker, isn’t grounds to say the PC version isn’t better.

As for the thought of someone saying the PC version is better, it’s their opinion, and face it, you’ll run into people that will swear up and down the Xbox versions are steaming piles of waste, just because they’re on the Xbox.

But I really dislike it when people and you, have to go out of their way to make PC gaming sound pointless. Don’t go dissing PC games and gamers.

I just hope the Xbox 360 version can still be almost as good as the Xbox One and PC versions.

> I just hope the Xbox 360 version can still be almost as good as the Xbox One and PC versions.

It’ll be just fine I’m sure.

Titanfall is amazing…I hate COD and TF is nothing like it the only issue is the weps…we need more.

I mention COD because people always compare the two and their wrong…is closest counter parts are brink (except it was…BAD) and halo (only like halo inside Titans as team work positioning and strafing are key)

> I just hope the Xbox 360 version can still be almost as good as the Xbox One and PC versions.

Same. I’ve heard it’s only gonna be 30fps though which sucks because that game is hectic. I gotta start saving up for an x1.

If you were waiting on getting an XB0 for Halo, or something awesomely fun to play, Titanfall is a reason to get an XB0 now.
Yes you can get it on the 360, heck even PC, but that’s besides the point that you can play Titanfall on the XB0 and begin to learn the console itself right now and have a blast doing so.

If I could tweak the gameplay so that we didn’t have to aim-down-sights but kept everything else… FPS HEAVEN.

The free-flow movement of the game is by far the most fun mechanic massaged into an FPS in a long time.
I don’t know about new comers, but as a long time gamer, the movement of the character with double-jumping, wall running and wall clinging brings a second nature sensation to my gunplay that is only rudely interrupted due to having to ADS.

It’s possible to make jumping/falling ADS shots, but the targeting speed is greatly reduced when having to ADS and it really makes me miss Halo’s style of not having to ADS… And by rudely, I mean that it’s just so damn fun to run’n’gun that ADS is the one “slow” thing about the game.

But that’s not enough to make me stop playing Titanfall, I look forward to playing Titanfall until the next Halo-FPS releases… And then the two will have to fight for my playtime with Killer Instinct.

Oh, and the setpieces during the decently made campaign mode… HOLY -YOINK!- Homage to every great FPS in one way or another but with Titanfall’s own touch.
Dude, at one point you start in a space station in orbit and then helldrop in a multi-personel pod into the battlefield… Like ODST and Starship Troopers all in one.

> I have actually heard that titanfall is rather underwhelming. The lack of a single player campaign with nothing but multiplayer hampers it and I have heard too many times “feels like COD but with mechs.” Along with other, more minor complaints that can be summed up to “feels a bit rushed.” Those first two things alone killed any interest I had in it. Now those who don’t care as much about those two things in a game (and this is a bit of a leap here but I’ll leap there anyways) probably they have already decided that the xbox one is the right console for them. Sadly I really felt Microsoft dropped the ball on this “next gen” console that is more loaded with features I don’t want than do want. If it wasn’t for halo I could say for certainty that I would never buy one. Why must you be on this console only halo? :confused:
>
> So in summation, no. Definitely is not the console pusher that it has been incredibly overhyped to be

So… You’re a person who hasn’t actually played the game in question giving advice about the game on the basis of the advice other people who haven’t actually played the game either gave you?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > If anyone says the PC version is way better than the X1 they’re lying. The X1 version is slightly darker to help with the lower resolution(792p) but you won’t even notice it.
>
> Dude, it looks like the exact same graphic quality, the PC version may have some sharper detail, but over all, it’s the exact same graphic quality. The fact that the Xbox One version is slightly darker, isn’t grounds to say the PC version isn’t better.
>
>
> As for the thought of someone saying the PC version is better, it’s their opinion, and face it, you’ll run into people that will swear up and down the Xbox versions are steaming piles of waste, just because they’re on the Xbox.
>
> But I really dislike it when people and you, have to go out of their way to make PC gaming sound pointless. Don’t go dissing PC games and gamers.

Sorry if I annoyed you I didn’t mean make it sound like that, I get annoyed by other people on other forums that bash the xbox because they don’t know better.

But anyway I’m not dissing PC or the gamers, i play PC myself, mostly strategy games and their are some games out there that you can only play on PC like arma or strategy games.

PC gaming is really good, games are cheaper and you can mod stuff, I dunno if it’s the games I play on PC but people do seem to be nicer on PC too and I game communities seem to last longer on PC than on console because the market isn’t as fierce as the console market.

Sorry I didn’t reply earlier, I got banned for three days for saying the word “flee”

> I have actually heard that titanfall is rather underwhelming.

Why not play it for yourself and developed an informed opinion? I’m not trying to shoo you way, but analyzing things from the sideline (though personally satisfying) doesn’t really help the rest of the world get on with life (particularly when there’s no shortage of people who have played this game to present as many opinions of the game that a thread may need.)

> If you were waiting on getting an XB0 for Halo, or something awesomely fun to play, Titanfall is a reason to get an XB0 now.

For me, it comes down to this. The xbox 360 is getting titanfall, the PC is getting titanfall, but neither is no where near as nice to play an FPS on as the Xbox One. There are a lot of things that factor into that (a single, damn fine, controller/input device the format of which works brilliantly with Titanfall’s combat, near-as-makes-no-difference perfect chat quality, consolidated online features, voice controlled DVR, ect.) but the effect [at least according to my priorities] is rather unmistakable and frankly applies to every multiplatform game that’s coming to the system.

> > I just hope the Xbox 360 version can still be almost as good as the Xbox One and PC versions.
>
> Same. I’ve heard it’s only gonna be 30fps though which sucks because that game is hectic. I gotta start saving up for an x1.

I can understand that. The Xbox 360 is an 8 year old piece of hardware so the only kind of games that can run at a solid framerate of 60 fps on the 360 are less graphically intensive games.

@people talking about the 360 version

360 version may be worth it…seems they are getting much needed extra time.

I’m really tempted to get the Titanfall bundle, but I’m still kinda holding out for an exclusive Halo console edition… Anyone know how long the Titanfall deal is gonna be available?

I…don’t know…erm personally I am fully satisfied I would suggest you don’t rush this decision but also don’t wait too long.

Also note I did not buy the bundle I bought my one before it >.<.

I think the fact that a PC version released simultaneously sort of undermines its status as a system seller. I’m not gonna run out and spend hundreds of bucks on a new system if I can just spend $60 and run it on my PC.

But then, non-PC players might feel differently. Or they might wait a month till the 360 version drops.

The reason it feels like CoD is because it was made by the guys who made MW2 in Infinity Ward but got fired before release. These guys went off to start their own company from scratch and bam, here’s Titanfall.