Is this why title is "Infinite"?

As Halo CE was seen as groundbreaking, leading the way, the best and at the time the next evolution in gaming I think after the disasters of MCC and Guardians, Infinite will have to earn those same monikers to save 343, Halo and possibly Xbox.

I think to achieve this the campaign will be infinite and never ending. Of course the story will conclude at some point but I suspect it will have players continue to play with warzone type gameplay that will be procedure produced so its changing as you play. Perhaps with different gametypes all the time.

Or it could be nothing of the sort and a completely missed opportunity and a big damp sqib but fingers crossed it blows us all away and our beloved Halo can again be the king of games helping ensure the Tv series (which may run like Spartan Ops with missions to complete after each episode and next episode depending on overall gameplay result) is amazing and what Halo deserves, the community anyway.

I think Halo Infinite might be the last in the Master Chief’s story and something will happen to him and infinite simply means he is always there, like a 'He will always be in our hearts type of thing. However I just had an idea POP! into my brain, It could also be referring to Cortana, Forerunners or not likely Mendicant Bias. OR a way to get back at CoD.

> 2533274991708969;2:
> I think Halo Infinite might be the last in the Master Chief’s story and something will happen to him and infinite simply means he is always there, like a 'He will always be in our hearts type of thing. However I just had an idea POP! into my brain, It could also be referring to Cortana, Forerunners or not likely Mendicant Bias.

I doubt this is the last master chief focused game after the backlash 5 got

I always thought the game was called infinite simply because infinity was the first of the many infinite, infinity-super class carriers. Pretty mind boggling.

Doubt this gonna be the Chief’s last hurrah too. Still, it IS the conclusion of the current trilogy so anything goes, really. As for having an “infinite” campaign, I don’t think that would really work. Having some post-game content to go through after completing the main campaign would be awesome, but unless you want to play Fallout 4’esque “the X settlement needs our help!” type objectives over and over again it will not be an “infinite” campaign. Handcrafted content always trumps procedural content when it comes to games like this (it only work for stuff like Diablo IMO).

“Infinite” could just be a way to emphasizing the increased scope of the game: bigger or downright open world environments.

That could just be because the game may receive unlimited content updates monthly since launch. Really should’ve just been titled Halo Infinity because that would make more sense

> 2533274870884222;5:
> Doubt this gonna be the Chief’s last hurrah too. Still, it IS the conclusion of the current trilogy so anything goes, really. As for having an “infinite” campaign, I don’t think that would really work. Having some post-game content to go through after completing the main campaign would be awesome, but unless you want to play Fallout 4’esque “the X settlement needs our help!” type objectives over and over again it will not be an “infinite” campaign. Handcrafted content always trumps procedural content when it comes to games like this (it only work for stuff like Diablo IMO).
>
> “Infinite” could just be a way to emphasizing the increased scope of the game: bigger or downright open world environments.

around the time after Halo 4’s launch 343 confirmed that this will no longer be a trilogoy. I forget the exact post but you can goggle it and find it easy

> 2535462450434439;7:
> > 2533274870884222;5:
> > Doubt this gonna be the Chief’s last hurrah too. Still, it IS the conclusion of the current trilogy so anything goes, really. As for having an “infinite” campaign, I don’t think that would really work. Having some post-game content to go through after completing the main campaign would be awesome, but unless you want to play Fallout 4’esque “the X settlement needs our help!” type objectives over and over again it will not be an “infinite” campaign. Handcrafted content always trumps procedural content when it comes to games like this (it only work for stuff like Diablo IMO).
> >
> > “Infinite” could just be a way to emphasizing the increased scope of the game: bigger or downright open world environments.
>
> around the time of 5’s launch 343 confirmed that this will no longer be a trilogoy. I forget the exact post but you can goggle it and find it easy

Right, I forgot that the Reclaimer Trilogy is now a saga, my bad. Either way, the Chief dying now is probably highly unlikely though Steve Downes will probably have to retire soon-ish.

And yeah “unlimited” content updates are out of the question. 343 will want to continue their trend started with Halo 5 (probably the only thing the community can agree on that they did super well), but Halo: Infinite won’t have indefinite support. Most likely we’ll be getting major(ish) content updates every 3-6 months, but this is all speculation.

> 2535462450434439;7:
> around the time of 5’s launch 343 confirmed that this will no longer be a trilogoy.

Was a bit earlier than that actually, they announced this about 6 months after Halo 4 launched

I think the title Infinite is a reference to the scope of its campaign missions. The Infinite trailer shows the potential for very large and open-world missions. There could even be a hub world like ODST. I think 343 is going for less linear and more open missions like Combat Evolved.

> 2533274813317074;9:
> > 2535462450434439;7:
> > around the time of 5’s launch 343 confirmed that this will no longer be a trilogoy.
>
> Was a bit earlier than that actually, they announced this about 6 months after Halo 4 launched

I knew I had my dates wrong thanks for clearing that up!

Or…it could be just that Infinite sounded cool.

> 2533274867591496;3:
> > 2533274991708969;2:
> > I think Halo Infinite might be the last in the Master Chief’s story and something will happen to him and infinite simply means he is always there, like a 'He will always be in our hearts type of thing. However I just had an idea POP! into my brain, It could also be referring to Cortana, Forerunners or not likely Mendicant Bias.
>
> I doubt this is the last master chief focused game after the backlash 5 got

However we know 343 has got Chief’s “end” planned

> 2533274931680884;10:
> I think the title Infinite is a reference to the scope of its campaign missions. The Infinite trailer shows the potential for very large and open-world missions. There could even be a hub world like ODST. I think 343 is going for less linear and more open missions like Combat Evolved.

I hope so too.

Infinite means, limitless, impossible to measure, never ending. Or as a noun it’s a quantity or space that is those things.

Whether 343i will make Halo “Infinite” remains to be seen, but the game engine demo looks like it is a possibility. I watch that engine demo and my imagination runs wild. An ongoing Halo game, with limitless missions, or limitless story expansions beyond the campaign, huge scale maps to explore like Halo CE or bigger, big scale battles 20v20, 40v40 and small arena types too, continued multiplayer support with new maps, full armour customisation with every main set armour from Halo CE to Halo Reach available, it’s my perfect Halo tbh.

Time will tell.

> 2533274867591496;3:
> > 2533274991708969;2:
> > I think Halo Infinite might be the last in the Master Chief’s story and something will happen to him and infinite simply means he is always there, like a 'He will always be in our hearts type of thing. However I just had an idea POP! into my brain, It could also be referring to Cortana, Forerunners or not likely Mendicant Bias.
>
> I doubt this is the last master chief focused game after the backlash 5 got

I think Halo 8 would most likely be the game where chief dies, if 343 wanted him to die eventually, that is.

I disagree with most of the major arguments here.

  • I don’t think this will be the last entry in Master Chief’s story. - I don’t think Master Chief will die in this game. - I don’t think this is why it is called Infinite. - I don’t think Infinite has to “save” Halo.Here are my counter-arguments.

  • After five plus Halo games, very few events have transpired relative to the Master Chief. The story-telling potential itself might as well be “infinite”. Yes, we’ve followed Master Chief through a lot, but is it actually a lot, really? - Just because this is the last entry in the Forerunner trilogy, does not mean Master Chief has to die. Just because Master Chief has featured in almost every Halo game to date also does not mean he has to die. Why do y’all want him to die so badly? Halo doesn’t need to turn into the Walking Dead and kill off every major character because the story is so dull that that is the only way to bring something exciting to it. - I don’t believe the title of the game will be based on the quality or format of the game. I believe it is based on some element (or elements) present in the story itself. H5 was approached that way so logic dictates the next will be too. - H4 didn’t have to “save” Halo. Some might say it’s was started Halo’s current down-spiraling trend. H5 didn’t need to save Halo either. At the end of the day, the community was split in half, if not the majority praising the newer games and mechanics. I think Infinite will be a cash cow regardless of whether or not it returns to its roots for the same reason why micro-transactions still exist: The presence (and lack thereof) receive about equal praise. And plus, you can’t please everybody. But in this industry, it is possible to please just enough to keep the paychecks coming in, even if at the expense of telling a genuinely good story.

Guys, guys, please. 343 is just following the current trend of video game titles having something related to infinity. Doom is doing the same thing with Doom ETERNAL. There are several other examples, but I forget what they are at the moment.