Is this true about competitive multiplayer?

Is 343 going to make Halo 4 too competitive for casual gamers? Is it going to be COD competitive? I suck at COD and Im currently pretty good in Halo.

343 said they are making the game with both groups in mind, so yes and no I would suspect a Halo 3-like system where you have competitive and casual game modes

[deleted]

> i thought cod was casual :S

It is.

since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers

> 343 said they are making the game with both groups in mind, so yes and no I would suspect a Halo 3-like system where you have competitive and casual game modes

Ok thanks without casual game modes I would be disappointed.

> since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers

Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9

> Is 343 going to make Halo 4 too competitive for casual gamers? Is it going to be COD competitive? I suck at COD and Im currently pretty good in Halo.

In a word no. Halo is just being updated to stay relevant.

Call of duty is not competitive at all. wow. I certainly hope halo 4 will be far too competitive for you.

[deleted]

Nope, Halo 4 supposed to make casual gamers comfortable with Spartan Ops, and also the AAs and other features are supposed to help feel at home too.

The competitive gamers will have their competitive playlist. Don’t worry, 343i should have it planned out. They went through a lot of work in Halo 4 so far, and don’t expect them to say, “Oh snap! I forgot to make a proper playlist for certain gamers! Oh well, I’ll put it together, and everyone will have to live with it.”

It’s in good hands.

> > since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers
>
> Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9

im pretty competitive when i play mario party

> > > since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers
> >
> > Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9
>
> im pretty competitive when i play mario party

As am I, especially when some -Yoink!- steals my stars!

> > > > since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers
> > >
> > > Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9
> >
> > im pretty competitive when i play mario party
>
> As am I, especially when some -Yoink!- steals my stars!

man i hate when people do that

the original mario party is and always will be my favorite multiplayer party game of all time. Oh the memories…
And stealing peoples stars was like the ultimate virtual punch in the face. Guess it it still is.

> the original mario party is and always will be my favorite multiplayer party game of all time. Oh the memories…
> And stealing peoples stars was like the ultimate virtual punch in the face. Guess it it still is.

the original was great but my fav was mario party 7 don’t know why though

> > > since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers
> >
> > Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9
>
> im pretty competitive when i play mario party

Well let me spoil the 9th one for you:

-There are mini-stars, which are awarded for almost nothing and not bought (these replace stars)
-There are no item shops. Instead, items are obtained from landing on spaces
-Every player travels the same distance, at the same time, to the same space, but only the player rolling receives that space’s benefit
-some minigames can be won by waving the controller back and forth like a madman

It sucks

> > > > > since when was cod too competitive for casual gamers
> > > >
> > > > Since Nintendo released Mario Party 9
> > >
> > > im pretty competitive when i play mario party
> >
> > As am I, especially when some -Yoink!- steals my stars!
>
> man i hate when people do that

Glad to know I’m not the only one who plays this…

I loved Mario Partyyyy…Five??? Oh, the joy. Running around the board, collecting coins like crazy, Spending a bazillion coins on a random power-up bag and getting a Boo-ball, Boo-repellent AND a genie bottle. Then, (One game) having that -Yoink- Princess Peach steal it ALL. Son of a…

> > >
> >
>
> Well let me spoil the 9th one for you:
>
> -There are mini-stars, which are awarded for almost nothing and not bought (these replace stars)
> -There are no item shops. Instead, items are obtained from landing on spaces
> -Every player travels the same distance, at the same time, to the same space, but only the player rolling receives that space’s benefit
> -some minigames can be won by waving the controller back and forth like a madman
>
> It sucks

AWW man
RIP Mario Party

> > >
> >
>
> Well let me spoil the 9th one for you:
>
> -There are mini-stars, which are awarded for almost nothing and not bought (these replace stars)
> -There are no item shops. Instead, items are obtained from landing on spaces
> -Every player travels the same distance, at the same time, to the same space, but only the player rolling receives that space’s benefit
> -some minigames can be won by waving the controller back and forth like a madman
>
> It sucks

I didn’t think, especially after Brawl, Nintendo could put out a more casual mutliplayer experience. Just wow.