Is this the new Kinsano tactic?

Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.

Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?

> 2541316932588271;1:
> Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
>
> Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?

Intercept their units before they get to your base by coordinating your starting units with your teammates.

> 2533274847916490;2:
> > 2541316932588271;1:
> > Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
> >
> > Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?
>
> Intercept their units before they get to your base by coordinating your starting units with your teammates.

At the start of the game though you send your marines or grunts out for resources. And if someone send both their marines into your base, everyone can drop their turrets. It’s really not easy to just intercept all their units. Especially with multiple routes to your base.

> 2541316932588271;3:
> > 2533274847916490;2:
> > > 2541316932588271;1:
> > > Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
> > >
> > > Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?
> >
> > Intercept their units before they get to your base by coordinating your starting units with your teammates.
>
> At the start of the game though you send your marines or grunts out for resources. And if someone send both their marines into your base, everyone can drop their turrets. It’s really not easy to just intercept all their units. Especially with multiple routes to your base.

I go for power nodes first instead of supplies/power. They grant your whole team power and they offer sight to scout/prepare. The nodes on most maps have to be crossed to reach the other side. If you’re very aggressive on grabbing nodes early game you’re more likely to run into starting units.

Now if you’re standing in front of your base getting the starting supplies then anything can walk up to your base.

Also atriox has discounted turrets, which I’d build right away to prevent a JR rush. I’m sure 2 turrets could defend your base while you push out some kind of unit to deal with the hellbringers. Maybe spam the ram button on choppers? Or build a suicide grunt squad?

She’ll be balanced soon-ish…

> 2533274809541057;5:
> She’ll hopefully be balanced soon-ish…

Fixed that for you.

> 2533274927740213;6:
> > 2533274809541057;5:
> > She’ll hopefully be balanced soon-ish…
>
> Fixed that for you.

No need for the fix. They’ll definitely nerf her to make room for the new DLC leader, just like how they nerfed Forge.

> 2541316932588271;1:
> Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
>

Yep quite a few times in 2v2 and 3v3 and I really got no answer for this strategy.
I main Atriox and, in the meantime, learned to manage Brute && / || JR rush pretty well but double turret drop is really really tough.

@Matic No that won’t help you.
A single dropped Kinsano-turret can destroy one of your base turrets so solely relying on your cheaper turrets won’t save you.
Also don’t underestimate how fast they come to your base.
Handling the turrets after 3/4 minutes is not what the OP is talking about.

Whenever I scout heavy T1 rushers I immediately build an Apex on the Mini for Engineers and spam Choppers but the Kinsano turret-rush is too fast even for that.
When you’re lucky you detect the barracks in the first minute but then their flamers are already on their way to one of your 2/3 bases.
With a general non-rushing build order, I always lost (in 2v2 and 3v3) against (diamond+ players using) double/triple turrets.
I guess you only have a chance when you expect the turret rush and go for choppers/engineers immediately.

The turret should come slightly later in the wheel.

EDIT: Nerfing the turret wouldn’t be right.
I think they are good the way they are but the turret rush feels a little bit weird.

I mean this is by the 1 minute mark. I usually leave 1 guy close to get nearby supplies and send 2 guys to middle or other areas for the bigger supplies. Even if you built a turret, 1 or 2 marines can live long enough for everyone to drop their turret.

Any other Champions here?

> 2541316932588271;1:
>

WAIT 24 hours! Kinsano Turrets gets to be tier 3, JR gets to be scout.

Gonna abuse this right now tho MWAHAHAHA🦑

> 2533274870931605;11:
> > 2541316932588271;1:
> > Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
> >
> > Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?
>
> WAIT 24 hours! Kinsano Turrets gets to be tier 3, JR gets to be scout.
>
> Gonna abuse this right now tho MWAHAHAHA🦑

It got delayed again you know? So it isn’t coming out tomorrow. They haven’t even set a date now.

I’ve never seen this happen lol I’m a rank 41 and never seen it…I hope it doesn’t get changed. It’s not a reoccurrence issue. But yeah that sucks, but with teammates you’d be easily able to stop it. Grenade upgrade and every unit going to that one base. Done.

> 2533274833785535;12:
> > 2533274870931605;11:
> > > 2541316932588271;1:
> > > Played a game tonight that was a lot of fun. 3 awesome and brilliant players were kinsano, 3v3. 1 minute into the game the Einstein walks into my teammates base and all 3 of them dropped their turrets. Just as the 3 turrets died, they each got hellbringers drop. Needless to say, my teammate was out of the game in under 2 minutes. Then after thay it was 2v3 and just an army of flamethrowers destroyed everything. Really cool tactic, took a lot of brains and skill to do it (sarcasm). The turrets killed 3/4 of the base and that early, you have no heal or anything to counter 3 turrets drops. Any unit u build would be killed. Grunts cant survive. Building a turret would just get it shredded. Turret needs to move to T2 at least. One of the women was a champion #23. If that’s what it takes to be a champion level, he/she should be embarrassed.
> > >
> > > Anyone got any suggestions how to prevent that? Anyone else experienced that?
> >
> > WAIT 24 hours! Kinsano Turrets gets to be tier 3, JR gets to be scout.
> >
> > Gonna abuse this right now tho MWAHAHAHA🦑
>
> It got delayed again you know? So it isn’t coming out tomorrow. They haven’t even set a date now.

Oh wow… i just read that… i mean they havent said for sure, tentacules crossed :squid:. Otherwise, well good for me (playing kinsano). Thx

Its unbeatable, some people in this game like you and I find someone doing this to be the actual loser in the game even though they’re winning every game. Its unfortunate people want to play like that but there’s not much you can do. I just usually destroy my base walk away for a couple minutes so I don’t get the same players and then start a new game. Its hard but you just can’t allow yourself to get angry when people do it. A loss isn’t the end of the world.

It will be fixed on Monday. If you see triple Kinsano you should be ready for this and have early game healers ready.

> 2641173531476146;16:
> It will be fixed on Monday. If you see triple Kinsano you should be ready for this and have early game healers ready.

You can’t just decide to make healers. There’s not enough time or resources. You can have maybe one healer out by the time the turrets are dropped. Plus deciding to build a air pad and then a healer leaves you 60 supply to make anything else. That means no scout unit and no other buildings. Its broken everyone knows it. 343 should have known it when they put it out. This is like dropping a scout mine on someones base and destroying a couple building but even worse because its at 1:00.

Build like 4 more grunts to move around and scout early. Go raid camp and apex 2-3 engineers and suicide grunts. slip in a turret if u can. :+1:
Youre gonna lose buildings but you’ll survive. If u can keep pumping grunts the turrets will shoot them first. Still going to be behind but thats what ive found most effective

In the next patch the turret gets replaced with something else. Just wait a bit.

> 2533274871557759;17:
> > 2641173531476146;16:
> > It will be fixed on Monday. If you see triple Kinsano you should be ready for this and have early game healers ready.
>
> You can’t just decide to make healers. There’s not enough time or resources. You can have maybe one healer out by the time the turrets are dropped. Plus deciding to build a air pad and then a healer leaves you 60 supply to make anything else. That means no scout unit and no other buildings. Its broken everyone knows it. 343 should have known it when they put it out. This is like dropping a scout mine on someones base and destroying a couple building but even worse because its at 1:00.

Whatever, like I said it will be fixed Monday. Until then I suggest you abuse the hell out of it if that’s your thing.