Is this the end?

So, I’ve been thinking, What should Microsoft do if Halo 5 sucks and people don’t play it? Should they keep letting 343 makes halo games? Should they end the franchise? Should they let someone else make another Halo? What?

R.I.P Halo :’(

You: “Halo. It’s finished.”
Me: “No. I think we’re just getting started.”

Honestly, they should just redefine what Halo is if that becomes the case.

the story is still great they’re finally developing the master chief as a character in the games, likely including blue team and arbiter, brought the promethean faction into the fold(though i do hope they make their weapons more unique in halo 5) and after playing the beta i felt it was a natural progession from 3 and reach that halo 4 should’ve been and helped alleviate most of my concerns after halo 4.

It’s not going to suck, maybe to the die-hards who have been wanting Halo 3.5 since Reach, but a lot of people are probably going to like it, including myself. It may not hold the population very well, like Halo 4, but no doubt a lot of people will buy it. Millions. So Microsoft and 343I are going to keep pumping out Halo games to make a saga.

> 2533274893633166;1:
> So, I’ve been thinking, What should Microsoft do if Halo 5 sucks and people don’t play it? Should they keep letting 343 makes halo games? Should they end the franchise? Should they let someone else make another Halo? What?
>
> R.I.P Halo :’(

The old era ended with 3 reach was utter BS! This is a new era!! :slight_smile:

Always look at the positives at least it won’t be as bad as reach and h4. So they can only go up.

> 2533274932540799;2:
> You: “Halo. It’s finished.”
> Me: “No. I think we’re just getting started.”

Beat me to it :slight_smile:

Halo isn’t dead yet, but it will be before 2020.

> 2533274932540799;2:
> You: “Halo. It’s finished.”
> Me: “No. I think we’re just getting started.”

even though I disagree, this is great lol

Microsoft is 343, 343 is Microsoft. Kiki might lose her job, or Bonnie, or Frankie, but don’t think of the two of them as separate.

another day, another recruit hyperbole thread. I’d say it never gets old, but it did. Back in '09 when Reach was revealed. Back in the B.net days.

If Halo 5 is just as bad or worse than Halo 4, I’d say, make a “classic” Halo game. Go back and make a new game based off of Halo 3 instead of a game based off of Halo Reach. This will finally prove if a classic Halo game can still work. If it doesn’t, I don’t know. Maybe Halo as we know it could be well and truly dead.

That said, I don’t think Halo 5 will be as bad as Halo 4. I think it’ll be worse than classic Halo, but a lot better than Halo 4.