Is this the best Halo yet in terms of gameplay?

No doubt this doesn’t compare to the older Halos in terms of content. There’s serious updates needed.

But I personally think it’s the best one in terms of gameplay.

I just think there’s the right balance of emphasis on accuracy and winning duels, and moving your way across and around the map.

I love the ground pounds, thruster packs. Not too keen on the spartan charge, but never mind.

It’s modernized in terms of the pace of combat, but there’s still definitely the Halo feel there!

Hell no!

I think so, halo 4 was so lacking in skill cap and anyone could be good. Here there is a significant skill cap, so much that my friends who couldn’t compare in halo reach are ranked around gold/plat. I love the different abilities to kill for different situations.

Despite having fourteen years to refine the games, the original is still the best.

Absolutely. Been playing since CE and this game is by far the bes.

This is the first Halo out of the box since CE’s “accidental success” to promote aggressive styles and award skillful plays and teamwork. It’s difficult with Matchmaking; I mean what does the consumers really want? Bungie never really knew. I think 343 got many things right but also many things wrong. I prefer the right of 343 than the right of Bungie though to be honest, and I’ll deal with the wrong until updates are made.

Not at all. I fell in love with the old Halos because they offered gameplay that was different from anything I’d played before at that point. Halo 5 is fun, but it feels a lot like the other shooters out there now. Where Halo used to be slow, and methodical, now it is fast and chaotic. Maps are too spread our and the radar is useless, even in BTB and Warzone. In place of actual map variety they have maps that are all roughly the same size with similar flow and design elements. I remember when a Halo game launched with Guardian, Last Resort, and Sand Trap. All of those maps offered drastically different play experiences, and added a lot of variety to the gameplay. Every map in Halo 5 feels like the rest. There is no variation in the gameplay, and that makes the game play super repetitively.

What a lot of people don’t seem to understand is that maps and gameplay go hand in hand. If the maps suck (like they do in Halo 5) then then gameplaybis going to suck too.

Gameplay is great, but content is lacking. Only forge btb maps really bothers me.

Imho this is the best one yet. I haven’t played this much in years, maybe a decade.

I havent enjoyed a halo this much since 3. I dont if its the beat but definitely a top 2

> 2533274800772611;7:
> Not at all. I fell in love with the old Halos because they offered gameplay that was different from anything I’d played before at that point. Halo 5 is fun, but it feels a lot like the other shooters out there now. Where Halo used to be slow, and methodical, now it is fast and chaotic. Maps are too spread our and the radar is useless, even in BTB and Warzone. In place of actual map variety they have maps that are all roughly the same size with similar flow and design elements. I remember when a Halo game launched with Guardian, Last Resort, and Sand Trap. All of those maps offered drastically different play experiences, and added a lot of variety to the gameplay. Every map in Halo 5 feels like the rest. There is no variation in the gameplay, and that makes the game play super repetitively.
>
> What a lot of people don’t seem to understand is that maps and gameplay go hand in hand. If the maps suck (like they do in Halo 5) then then gameplaybis going to suck too.

Please excuse my rudeness but you are completely biased. Halo, while slower than say Quake, has always been faster than other Console shooters. Even in the standstill gameplay of Halo 2 SMG starts where you can’t leave your base. And, Halo 5 feels so different to everything else. The new Doom might be the closest of the newer games, but COD and Destiny are so far away from this game (hip-bloom, slow base movement, slower movement while aiming, worse visuals, juke movement don’t add depth, balanced starts with only 2 weapons, stadium-like maps, weapon/powerup placements); I could go on.

If you just look at the core Arena gametypes, 343 has basically took what has worked best in the past and just stuck with it. They have taken the best and left the bad while also leaving some of the good (like KoTH or Oddball). Now, as a result this as made some things more repetitive which I will agree (so was Halo:CE LANs 14 years ago). Like who would want to play Midship over and over for example even though it’s the fan favorite. Some maps work better in some Halo sandboxes though, like just look at how decent Hang 'em High was (probably one of the most unbalanced maps) but you stick that into like Halo 3 or something and all you get is a spam fest of BR sprays or a waiting game. Sandtrap would play better in Halo 5, by the way, because Halo 3 was not suited for long-ranged combat and sight lines.

It could be better but you can’t dismiss how crappy so much of Halo’s past was which much of it has been left behind for good reason. They just left too much behind is all, and the great thing about the newer-gen gaming is that it can be updated.

Subjective reasoning FTW

No, Halo 2 BR starts was the pinnacle of Halo.

But Halo 5 beats pretty much every Halo since then. Still solely lacking in gametype fixes, playlist variety, social playlists and arena maps though. And the REQ system for unlocks is annoying AF.

> 2535417088576556;1:
> No doubt this doesn’t compare to the older Halos in terms of content. There’s serious updates needed.
>
> But I personally think it’s the best one in terms of gameplay.
>
> I just think there’s the right balance of emphasis on accuracy and winning duels, and moving your way across and around the map.
>
> I love the ground pounds, thruster packs. Not too keen on the spartan charge, but never mind.
>
> It’s modernized in terms of the pace of combat, but there’s still definitely the Halo feel there!

No that still goes to Halo 3 for me. This game rewards automatic spraying too much. Ive always loved Halo because it made you get good with precision weapons. Halo 3’s AR was perfectly balanced IMO. It did its job as a STARTING weapon. It got you through till your next pick up and didnt reward CoD noobs.

Let me explain this concisely and directly as possible…No

> 2533274854386801;8:
> Gameplay is great, but content is lacking. Only forge btb maps really bothers me.

Yea i want realy maps no lazy -Yoink- forge maps

> 2760465307323250;6:
> This is the first Halo out of the box since CE’s “accidental success” to promote aggressive styles and award skillful plays and teamwork. It’s difficult with Matchmaking; I mean what does the consumers really want? Bungie never really knew. I think 343 got many things right but also many things wrong. I prefer the right of 343 than the right of Bungie though to be honest, and I’ll deal with the wrong until updates are made.

The first Halo to reward skillfull plays and teamwork? Youre joking right?

I don’t think so. The game feels like a sloppy mosh pit. I could seriously day dream while I play and never see a difference in my performance. Combat isn’t creative. Just shoot shoot shoot and don’t stop. I could go on and on. lol ~ Booster create wack a mole style game play. ~ Seems all emphasis is on team and not as much individual skill. ~ Grenade throwing is a lot more like reach than Halo 2/3. Just chuck em at people in cover and at choke points. Grenade shots and sticks are way too rare. ~ Halo was about measured aggression. Any aggression seems to be punished. ~ People spawn behind you… ALL THE TIME! ~ Map control… LOL~ Power weapons lost serious value. Player mobility is a big part of that. ~ Weapon balance IS crazy good. I’ll give them that much.

Nope.
I have my opinion. You have yours.
LIFE!

> 2760465307323250;11:
> > 2533274800772611;7:
> > Not at all. I fell in love with the old Halos because they offered gameplay that was different from anything I’d played before at that point. Halo 5 is fun, but it feels a lot like the other shooters out there now. Where Halo used to be slow, and methodical, now it is fast and chaotic. Maps are too spread our and the radar is useless, even in BTB and Warzone. In place of actual map variety they have maps that are all roughly the same size with similar flow and design elements. I remember when a Halo game launched with Guardian, Last Resort, and Sand Trap. All of those maps offered drastically different play experiences, and added a lot of variety to the gameplay. Every map in Halo 5 feels like the rest. There is no variation in the gameplay, and that makes the game play super repetitively.
> >
> > What a lot of people don’t seem to understand is that maps and gameplay go hand in hand. If the maps suck (like they do in Halo 5) then then gameplaybis going to suck too.
>
>
> Please excuse my rudeness but you are completely biased. Halo, while slower than say Quake, has always been faster than other Console shooters. Even in the standstill gameplay of Halo 2 SMG starts where you can’t leave your base. And, Halo 5 feels so different to everything else. The new Doom might be the closest of the newer games, but COD and Destiny are so far away from this game (hip-bloom, slow base movement, slower movement while aiming, worse visuals, juke movement don’t add depth, balanced starts with only 2 weapons, stadium-like maps, weapon/powerup placements); I could go on.
>
> If you just look at the core Arena gametypes, 343 has basically took what has worked best in the past and just stuck with it. They have taken the best and left the bad while also leaving some of the good (like KoTH or Oddball). Now, as a result this as made some things more repetitive which I will agree (so was Halo:CE LANs 14 years ago). Like who would want to play Midship over and over for example even though it’s the fan favorite. Some maps work better in some Halo sandboxes though, like just look at how decent Hang 'em High was (probably one of the most unbalanced maps) but you stick that into like Halo 3 or something and all you get is a spam fest of BR sprays or a waiting game. Sandtrap would play better in Halo 5, by the way, because Halo 3 was not suited for long-ranged combat and sight lines.
>
> It could be better but you can’t dismiss how crappy so much of Halo’s past was which much of it has been left behind for good reason. They just left too much behind is all, and the great thing about the newer-gen gaming is that it can be updated.
>
> Subjective reasoning FTW

you are kind of confirming what I was talking about though. Halo 5 does one thing, and it does it well. But only doing one thing makes a game boring and repetitive. There is no variation in maps, and while I didn’t say it eariler, there is no variation in gamemodes. None of the gamemodes in Halo 5 force you to play in a different way, in the same manner that something the grifball or infection would. I said halo 5 was fun, I don’t want you to think that I don’t enjoy it. I was just bring to attention that fact there is no variation in play, and that is unlike any Halo game in the past.

Going from MCC to Halo 5 and then Black Ops 3, I think that Halo 5 plays a lot more like Black Ops 3 when compared MCC. it’s a lot more twitchy than old halo used to be and its extreamly noticable. Maybe I’m alone in thinking this, but I think it’s obvious. It doesn’t have anything to do with ADS, or other mechanics introduced, either. It has to do with how fast the ttk is, and how people play the game. Its a twitch shooter now, and not nearly as methodical as Halos of the past used to be.

> 2533274800772611;19:
> > 2760465307323250;11:
> > > 2533274800772611;7:
> > > Not at all. I fell in love with the old Halos because they offered gameplay that was different from anything I’d played before at that point. Halo 5 is fun, but it feels a lot like the other shooters out there now. Where Halo used to be slow, and methodical, now it is fast and chaotic. Maps are too spread our and the radar is useless, even in BTB and Warzone. In place of actual map variety they have maps that are all roughly the same size with similar flow and design elements. I remember when a Halo game launched with Guardian, Last Resort, and Sand Trap. All of those maps offered drastically different play experiences, and added a lot of variety to the gameplay. Every map in Halo 5 feels like the rest. There is no variation in the gameplay, and that makes the game play super repetitively.
> > >
> > > What a lot of people don’t seem to understand is that maps and gameplay go hand in hand. If the maps suck (like they do in Halo 5) then then gameplaybis going to suck too.
> >
> >
> > Please excuse my rudeness but you are completely biased. Halo, while slower than say Quake, has always been faster than other Console shooters. Even in the standstill gameplay of Halo 2 SMG starts where you can’t leave your base. And, Halo 5 feels so different to everything else. The new Doom might be the closest of the newer games, but COD and Destiny are so far away from this game (hip-bloom, slow base movement, slower movement while aiming, worse visuals, juke movement don’t add depth, balanced starts with only 2 weapons, stadium-like maps, weapon/powerup placements); I could go on.
> >
> > If you just look at the core Arena gametypes, 343 has basically took what has worked best in the past and just stuck with it. They have taken the best and left the bad while also leaving some of the good (like KoTH or Oddball). Now, as a result this as made some things more repetitive which I will agree (so was Halo:CE LANs 14 years ago). Like who would want to play Midship over and over for example even though it’s the fan favorite. Some maps work better in some Halo sandboxes though, like just look at how decent Hang 'em High was (probably one of the most unbalanced maps) but you stick that into like Halo 3 or something and all you get is a spam fest of BR sprays or a waiting game. Sandtrap would play better in Halo 5, by the way, because Halo 3 was not suited for long-ranged combat and sight lines.
> >
> > It could be better but you can’t dismiss how crappy so much of Halo’s past was which much of it has been left behind for good reason. They just left too much behind is all, and the great thing about the newer-gen gaming is that it can be updated.
> >
> > Subjective reasoning FTW
>
>
> you are kind of confirming what I was talking about though. Halo 5 does one thing, and it does it well. But only doing one thing makes a game boring and repetitive. There is no variation in maps, and while I didn’t say it eariler, there is no variation in gamemodes. None of the gamemodes in Halo 5 force you to play in a different way, in the same manner that something the grifball or infection would. I said halo 5 was fun, I don’t want you to think that I don’t enjoy it. I was just bring to attention that fact there is no variation in play, and that is unlike any Halo game in the past.
>
> Going from MCC to Halo 5 and then Black Ops 3, I think that Halo 5 plays a lot more like Black Ops 3 when compared MCC. it’s a lot more twitchy than old halo used to be and its extreamly noticable. Maybe I’m alone in thinking this, but I think it’s obvious. It doesn’t have anything to do with ADS, or other mechanics introduced, either. It has to do with how fast the ttk is, and how people play the game. Its a twitch shooter now, and not nearly as methodical as Halos of the past used to be.

100% with you on this. I don’t feel like I’m thinking my way to kills at all in Halo 5. When I have a good/great game I feel like it was by chance. No decision ever truly feels informed. A big part is the speed of the game. Any information you have is almost instantly changed to the point of being useless. I got into a game with three guys who were crazy with call outs. It sounded like 3 auctioneers going at once.

I improved my KDA avg. once I stopped treating it like a Halo game. It also took the variety right out of it.