Is this new update working for people??

I haven’t seen any good or bad news yet. How is it working for you?

I have been trying to finish the Final part of the Install update and I have been waiting 5 hours going on 6. I have completed Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 and the 5th one I believe it’s the Multiplayer it’s been moving extremely slow right now it’s 7am CST and it’s at 55.0% What’s going on I am using the Hard Copy and my internet is fine i should of been done 5 hours ago but no I have to sit here and wait for the Multiplayer content to be done

I did do the Hard Reset then reset the game twice nothing happend till about the 3rd try I am upset with this patch

Well, now I can play two playlists H2A and H2A Rumble, in H3 i have game over while map loading, in BTB / Team Slayer I can’t find any player.
Anyway still waiting for improvement, almost like Playstation players still getting system stability updates :slight_smile:

> 2533274876773010;3:
> Well, now I can play two playlists H2A and H2A Rumble, in H3 i have game over while map loading, in BTB / Team Slayer I can’t find any player.
> Anyway still waiting for improvement, almost like Playstation players still getting system stability updates :slight_smile:

well at least h2a is working

> 2533274826435595;2:
> I have been trying to finish the Final part of the Install update and I have been waiting 5 hours going on 6. I have completed Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 and the 5th one I believe it’s the Multiplayer it’s been moving extremely slow right now it’s 7am CST and it’s at 55.0% What’s going on I am using the Hard Copy and my internet is fine i should of been done 5 hours ago but no I have to sit here and wait for the Multiplayer content to be done
>
> I did do the Hard Reset then reset the game twice nothing happend till about the 3rd try I am upset with this patch

wow

No. It has done nothing to improve matchmaking. I have played a single match in my last 3 attempts to get online. Each attempt consisted of a dozen or so failed searches. Pathetic.

I am beyond disappointed in the absolute failure that is Halo MCC. As a long time fan, I feel taken advantage of. And now to see that new purchases of the game are getting $15 in credits – well, that’s a slap in the face. I worry that 343’s attempt to “make it right” will do nothing but add insult to injury. I hope I am proven wrong.

I hope this catastrophe has taught 343 a lesson about not exploiting the fans. We are fans, not just customers. When a product isn’t ready for market, do the right thing and delay its release.

> 2533274888084203;6:
> No. It has done nothing to improve matchmaking. I have played a single match in my last 3 attempts to get online. Each attempt consisted of a dozen or so failed searches. Pathetic.
>
> I am beyond disappointed in the absolute failure that is Halo MCC. As a long time fan, I feel taken advantage of. And now to see that new purchases of the game are getting $15 in credits – well, that’s a slap in the face. I worry that 343’s attempt to “make it right” will do nothing but add insult to injury. I hope I am proven wrong.
>
> I hope this catastrophe has taught 343 a lesson about not exploiting the fans. We are fans, not just customers. When a product isn’t ready for market, do the right thing and delay its release.

You make it sound as though you speak for everyone, because you don’t. It has Extremely improved matchmaking for me. I can actually find BTB games now, and any other game i’ve tried to find, and no 5 minute wait times. Only waited a maximum of maybe a minute or two. No Hiccups yet

> 2533274821033065;7:
> > 2533274888084203;6:
> > No. It has done nothing to improve matchmaking. I have played a single match in my last 3 attempts to get online. Each attempt consisted of a dozen or so failed searches. Pathetic.
> >
> > I am beyond disappointed in the absolute failure that is Halo MCC. As a long time fan, I feel taken advantage of. And now to see that new purchases of the game are getting $15 in credits – well, that’s a slap in the face. I worry that 343’s attempt to “make it right” will do nothing but add insult to injury. I hope I am proven wrong.
> >
> > I hope this catastrophe has taught 343 a lesson about not exploiting the fans. We are fans, not just customers. When a product isn’t ready for market, do the right thing and delay its release.
>
>
> You make it sound as though you speak for everyone, because you don’t. It has Extremely improved matchmaking for me. I can actually find BTB games now, and any other game i’ve tried to find, and no 5 minute wait times. Only waited a maximum of maybe a minute or two. No Hiccups yet

Well said.

Matchmaking has been working for since the second content patch!
And every patch has giving me a great improvements.
Ofcourse some people don’t consider this.

1. They might have tested it right after the patch (ofcourse it does not work properly then)
  2. it can be their internet maybe their NAT
  3. Xbox live issues (Like during the launch of the patch on december 3rd)
  4. Some based they test on a couple of games and don’t give it another try
  5. some people on forums are trolls or complain about every mistake and claim nothing is fixed.

MCC works great for me atm, I have superfast internet Open Nat enc… so that helps.
But it has done great improvement and that is fact for alot of people prob most people the game has improved alot!

GIVE IT TILL TUESDAY Or tonight at earliest to make judgement, This update is a big one,and it i taking a long time to download and install… Mine took over 6 hours… I left if on overnight and it finished this AM, ill play tonight and make a 1st judgement, then again in a couple days to see if its really any better… The whole population needs to download and install the update… Majority dont have it yet, as they dont sign on every day or check these forums like we do!!!

Previous updates, did nothing to noticably improve matchmaking since launch. Hope this one does!

I finally had a full night of good halo matchmaking last night after the patch. Only 1 attempt failed for my party. H2a was pretty flawless and btb was great as well. FYI. The download stopped at 36% for me but said game was ready to start, I started up the game and hit the guide button to go back and check the update in que and it started again and finished while in title screen. May help some of you, my dl took less then 5 min should not be 5 hours no matter the Internet.

everything is working for me except big team battle still cant get into a match with that

It’s working great for me so far. I even noticed that allied NPC’s are now following me correctly in the Halo 2 campaign.