Is this game RTS-Noob Friendly?

Ok, this is gonna sound awkward and I hope its relatable enough to the game that it doesn’t get locked cause this a serious question. Most RTS games are complex, very hard to get into. However, this game is not like that in my eyes. With HW1 being my first introduction into the RTS genre I think it is a great way to get started in playing the RTS genre. I don’t have a lot of friends who play this game and am willing to at the very least recommend they get it for Christmas. Only problem I’m a little worried about is can a 1st person shooter player get used and adjusted to Halo Wars 2? Is this game a good enough introduction to the RTS genre to earn the title of a person’s preferred first RTS game?

Omega Team’s Discord is one of the nicest place I’ve ever seen. I enjoy talking to everyone in their (Their was some bad incidents though but that happens once in a while everywhere)
If a new player meets the right players I think they’ll love the game if they try it enough.

I think so.
It’s got it’s complexities that just take a little learning, but, overall, it’s a pretty straight forward RTS.

If anything, the toughest part of starting this game would be that the player base isn’t huge. So, a lot of the active players are those that have been at it since launch. Catching up might be tough, but learning the game wouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

I have played games like C&C, Warcraft, Starcraft, and tons more and not a single one is simple like HW series so it is “noob friendly” without counting OP strats.

If you are there to help your friends learn the basics then it’ll be great for them.

If you wanna teach people how to be great a Terminus Firefight, I just made a post on that

> 2535416010022389;6:
> If you wanna teach people how to be great a Terminus Firefight, I just made a post on that

play johnson and build walls to block off enemies with trap for enemies for free while spamming AA and Kodiaks

END OF GUIDE

> 2535428931727626;7:
> > 2535416010022389;6:
> > If you wanna teach people how to be great a Terminus Firefight, I just made a post on that
>
> play johnson and build walls to block off enemies with trap enemies for free while spamming AA and Kodiaks
>
> END OF GUIDE

A good strategy guide. But not everybody Knows about cloaking the Terminus with a Nightingale

> 2535416010022389;8:
> > 2535428931727626;7:
> > > 2535416010022389;6:
> > > If you wanna teach people how to be great a Terminus Firefight, I just made a post on that
> >
> > play johnson and build walls to block off enemies with trap enemies for free while spamming AA and Kodiaks
> >
> > END OF GUIDE
>
> A good strategy guide. But not everybody Knows about cloaking the Terminus with a Nightingale

yea very true for direct air

> 2533274936603132;2:
> Omega Team’s Discord is one of the nicest place I’ve ever seen. I enjoy talking to everyone in their (Their was some bad incidents though but that happens once in a while everywhere)
> If a new player meets the right players I think they’ll love the game if they try it enough.

Is that the name of the Discord? Looking for some HW2 friends

> 2533274875970588;10:
> > 2533274936603132;2:
> > Omega Team’s Discord is one of the nicest place I’ve ever seen. I enjoy talking to everyone in their (Their was some bad incidents though but that happens once in a while everywhere)
> > If a new player meets the right players I think they’ll love the game if they try it enough.
>
> Is that the name of the Discord? Looking for some HW2 friends

i’m not the greatest at this game but i do know the basics and would love to exspand the HW2 population so friend me if you like to learn a few things how to play.

> 2533274875970588;10:
> > 2533274936603132;2:
> > Omega Team’s Discord is one of the nicest place I’ve ever seen. I enjoy talking to everyone in their (Their was some bad incidents though but that happens once in a while everywhere)
> > If a new player meets the right players I think they’ll love the game if they try it enough.
>
> Is that the name of the Discord? Looking for some HW2 friends

It is, I can invite you to it if you would like!

> 2535428931727626;11:
> > 2533274875970588;10:
> > > 2533274936603132;2:
> > > Omega Team’s Discord is one of the nicest place I’ve ever seen. I enjoy talking to everyone in their (Their was some bad incidents though but that happens once in a while everywhere)
> > > If a new player meets the right players I think they’ll love the game if they try it enough.
> >
> > Is that the name of the Discord? Looking for some HW2 friends
>
> i’m not the greatest at this game but i do know the basics and would love to exspand the HW2 population so friend me if you like to learn a few things how to play.

I’m actually pretty good I just play with terrible randoms so my win rate is bad (I only play 3v3). I just need team mates who know how to play.

I’d say overall yes it is very easy to pick up and enjoy. You don’t have to micro manage your economy so it is much more newb friendly in that regard

> 2533274906761445;1:
> new players should consult these videos when looking to learn
>
> Nakamura - high level 1v1 videos both pc/ xbox, insightful commentary, precise micro
> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrCxTu3ktuSu7UQSsv4KRVw
>
> RTS Yoda vids - high level xbox matches with funny play calling
> [HW2]Customs with BSafeTho - YouTube
>
> BTC - best channel for team play, great tournaments and good breakdown of builds and strats. these videos can get any newb to diamond level
> SGM Good Luck vs Rippinheart Game 2 - YouTube
>
> Brutal Expert - easy going team videos with some breakdown of dlc leaders
>
> WSIR - nice collection of short videos that are very newb friendly to understand
>
> Chappiegaming - again, very newb friendly t1 rush-unit-spam videos.
>
> Team Respawn - lower level videos but with fun super turtles
>
> Philly - older videos with old metas, but the games uploaded were fun to watch

> 2533274796391115;3:
> I think so.
> It’s got it’s complexities that just take a little learning, but, overall, it’s a pretty straight forward RTS.
>
> If anything, the toughest part of starting this game would be that the player base isn’t huge. So, a lot of the active players are those that have been at it since launch. Catching up might be tough, but learning the game wouldn’t be too much of a hassle.

I feel like Skirmish against AI, Firefight, and/or Blitz Firefight are all conducive to new players being able to have a good time… To be honest, that’s where I spend most of my time because I am not as “serious” of a gamer as some. I just love to play when I can, but can’t play much… However I keep coming back and sometimes I get into Firefight matchmaking…

I will say that for me, the first time I got spammed jump brutes and then the very next match rushed… That put a bad taste in my mouth that put me off for a while… Now part of the problem for me is that I only get maybe an hour a day to play and that time is at the sacrifice of sleep… So for me to say “man I need to practice more to learn how to counter that spam/rush”, wasn’t really practical for me. However, I have a feeling that many others have a lot more time than I do and it wouldn’t be as big of a problem.

Ok enough of my life story… I do think though that this game is DEFINITELY noob/newb friendly and would definitely tell you to push it on your friends lol… I mean that complete edition is a steal!

> 2533274802796519;16:
> > 2533274796391115;3:
> > I think so.
> > It’s got it’s complexities that just take a little learning, but, overall, it’s a pretty straight forward RTS.
> >
> > If anything, the toughest part of starting this game would be that the player base isn’t huge. So, a lot of the active players are those that have been at it since launch. Catching up might be tough, but learning the game wouldn’t be too much of a hassle.
>
> I feel like Skirmish against AI, Firefight, and/or Blitz Firefight are all conducive to new players being able to have a good time… To be honest, that’s where I spend most of my time because I am not as “serious” of a gamer as some. I just love to play when I can, but can’t play much… However I keep coming back and sometimes I get into Firefight matchmaking…
>
> I will say that for me, the first time I got spammed jump brutes and then the very next match rushed… That put a bad taste in my mouth that put me off for a while… Now part of the problem for me is that I only get maybe an hour a day to play and that time is at the sacrifice of sleep… So for me to say “man I need to practice more to learn how to counter that spam/rush”, wasn’t really practical for me. However, I have a feeling that many others have a lot more time than I do and it wouldn’t be as big of a problem.
>
> Ok enough of my life story… I do think though that this game is DEFINITELY noob/newb friendly and would definitely tell you to push it on your friends lol… I mean that complete edition is a steal!

True.
And this is true for all games. Casual players will suffer the wrath of serious, 4hr-a-day-grinding gamers.