Is this game getting a patch?

I know they said they’d be releasing an actual patch and not bug fixes, but they’ve been saying it was late January, then February, and now it’s April and this game is still in pretty rough shape, with most of its fanbase gone. I don’t know if 343 is being pressured to be profit oriented but if there’s nobody left to buy DLC…

We already got that second patch… Though I agree the difference is barely noticeable…

> We already got that second patch… Though I agree the difference is barely noticeable…

What were the changes? Just played for the 1st time in a while today and nothing seemed different.

I was hoping they’d nerf the DMR and address how terrible custom games and vehicles are but if that was the patch they were talking about then I will not hesitate to sell this game. The blatant lack of craps given about us is astonishing; even the CoD players get balance patches when things are broken.

TU change list:LINK

The ability to do weapon balancing on the fly has been patched into the game, but no actual weapon changes have been announced yet.

You’ve clearly played the game consistently over the past 2 weeks.

How did you not notice you were prompted to download the TU?

How did you not see the TU Welcome page you must wait to press A for?

If you’d like more information about the recent TU: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/20/The-Halo-Bulletin-32013.aspx#continue

> You’ve clearly played the game consistently over the past 2 weeks.
>
> How did you not notice you were prompted to download the TU?
>
> How did you not see the TU Welcome page you must wait to press A for?
>
> If you’d like more information about the recent TU: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/20/The-Halo-Bulletin-32013.aspx#continue

Maybe they just thought it was another bug fix, if you only play certain playlists you wouldn’t notice the X marker if you weren’t looking for it, and the only other noticeable changes were to the gauss and AC, which are both things that are not regularly used by many players. These guys are asking about a game changing TU, and frankly, I’m still waiting for one myself. Hopefully weapon balancing won’t take another couple of months, because I was expecting with this title update, not after.

I downloaded the update but just assumed that it was Spartan Ops, I didn’t notice they added in backend tuning. Custom games are still bad but adding in the X on death is pretty sweet, whenever that’s going to happen because I’ve yet to see it in game

> I downloaded the update but just assumed that it was Spartan Ops, I didn’t notice they added in backend tuning. Custom games are still bad but adding in the X on death is pretty sweet, whenever that’s going to happen because I’ve yet to see it in game

Instant respawn is a main contributor to that, but I’ve also heard that it’s just buggy too.

> I downloaded the update but just assumed that it was Spartan Ops, I didn’t notice they added in backend tuning. Custom games are still bad but adding in the X on death is pretty sweet, whenever that’s going to happen because I’ve yet to see it in game

It lasts for no time at all in instant respawn playlists and a very short amount of time in every other playlist, making it pretty useless.

> You’ve clearly played the game consistently over the past 2 weeks.
>
> How did you not notice you were prompted to download the TU?
>
> How did you not see the TU Welcome page you must wait to press A for?
>
> If you’d like more information about the recent TU: http://blogs.halowaypoint.com/Headlines/post/2013/03/20/The-Halo-Bulletin-32013.aspx#continue

The only thing I noticed with that patch was the x markers (finally), but everything seemed the same, and looking at the patch notes, it is easy to see why.

> Enabled “X-Markers” on the HUD to designate when and where teammates are killed.

-People who only play FFA won’t see this

> Updated Active Camo to fully reveal players when they fire all weapons.

-Easy to miss this one

> Reduced the auto aim, magnetism and damage on the Gauss Warthog.

-Not in even half of the playlists (DON’T CHANGE THE AMOUNT OF THAT WARTHOG)

> Fixed an issue in which some players at SR-130 did not see their Specialization
> on their in-game Player Card.

-Never even hit a specialization despite purchasing LE on day 1, Halo 4’s multiplayer doesn’t interest me like past Halos (which still do)

> Fixed various issues with ordnance navigation markers.

-Another easy to miss

> Fixed various join-in-progress issues with Flood.

-With JIP still being broken, no one would notice it ~ I mean how you can join a game were your team has 1 kill, yet the other team almost won, needs an option to disable JIP

> Added the ability to make weapon adjustments via backend tuning.

-Be interesting to see where this leads

The game still needs classic version of playlists like what was said before the game was released, custom games to be fixed (even up to the level of past Halos like Halo 3 or Reach), and forge needs its Zoom and Nudge back (I see no reason why these were removed as now the sticks are useless in monitor mode).

I’m still really hoping that there will be a huge update that makes this game the super mega fun fest that H3 was.

> I’m still really hoping that there will be a huge update that makes this game the super mega fun fest that H3 was.

I haven’t had this much fun with Halo since Halo 2.

What exactly did you like about Halo 3 - and what would you want patched to make it more like the old experience?

I think H3 is more of nostalgic bias, while it wasn’t the first Halo I played it was the first that I owned, but part of it was that I never had a moment where I thought “that’s -Yoink-” unlike in Reach and much more in H4 where it happens all the time. Halo 3 was much fluid and responsive and when I died I knew it was because they were flat out better,and not because for some reason the 7th shot to some guy’s head happened to miss.

I also miss playing customs with friends till 3 am but that’s college’s fault.

yeah the TU is called Halo 5

:confused:

we can only hope. lol

> > I’m still really hoping that there will be a huge update that makes this game the super mega fun fest that H3 was.
>
> I haven’t had this much fun with Halo since Halo 2.
>
> What exactly did you like about Halo 3 - and what would you want patched to make it more like the old experience?

Oooo, I can answer this!

Let’s start with it was balanced. I’ll start with AA’s. I am not a huge fan of them but I think some are ok. The two I have a problem with are Pro. Vision and Camo. At no point in H3 could anyone see through walls or go invis when they pleased. So that’s not balanced. I can deal with the rest, but still prefer equipment. It was always so much fun to throw a grav lift in front of a ghost or warty that was trying to splatter you. Or dropping the bubble just before someone tried to hit you with a rocket at close range and watching them suicide. I know they can’t add equipment but they could in H5 and remove camo and pro vis. from the available loadouts now.

Let’s talk more balance. The DMR… the BIG topic. Need a nerf? Need a bloom increase? I actually don’t think so. I think it needs to be an on map pickup only not a loadout weapon. Big team would be so much better if everyone couldn’t spawn with a mini sniper. And while I’m talking about weapon balance I may as well mention the plasma pistol and the boltshot.
I’ll start with the PP. It ruins BTB. No vehicle is safe when everyone can spawn with it. I even have a specific loadout for BTB and it will always have a PP. It also needs to be an on map pickup.
Now the boltshot. I have no problem with the gun itself but once again feel it needs to be an on map pickup. To many people combine it with pro vis and camo and just camp.

Now let’s move on to personal ordinance. I don’t know who thought this up but they should be fired. And so should everyone else who thought it was a good idea. There is nothing remotely fair about it. You can’t hand out random power weapons in regular games. In fiesta that’s fine but not team slayer/btb/ctf.

This game had and has so much potential but it is sad it won’t be realized. Balance is all I want and I’m just guessing that’s what 75% of the players who quit playing this game wanted too.

I agree with this guy 100% and its sad because im a halo fan and have been since combat evolved,its actually the reason i switched to xbox period.The lack of dedicated servers for a game of this magnitude is almost disrespectful to consumers.The staff at 343i dont have to deal with 10yr olds quitting and making 14 other people stare at the black screen for 5-10 mins.They play with each other or other sound minded adults.The average person like myself cant even get a decent game in on my lunch break. The GOW community recieved dedicated servers, i hate COD but when i watch other people play and they dont experience this.Ive never spent so much time looking at black screens on any previous halo.MICROSOFT is one of the most financially endowed corporations on the planet,im pretty sure they could have BEEN provided dedicated servers for there flagship franchise. Its been a complaint since H3.It doesnt benifit them as a company financially so it wont be done.RIP HALO …

> > > I’m still really hoping that there will be a huge update that makes this game the super mega fun fest that H3 was.
> >
> > I haven’t had this much fun with Halo since Halo 2.
> >
> > What exactly did you like about Halo 3 - and what would you want patched to make it more like the old experience?
>
> Oooo, I can answer this!
>
> Let’s start with it was balanced. I’ll start with AA’s. I am not a huge fan of them but I think some are ok. The two I have a problem with are Pro. Vision and Camo. At no point in H3 could anyone see through walls or go invis when they pleased. So that’s not balanced. I can deal with the rest, but still prefer equipment. It was always so much fun to throw a grav lift in front of a ghost or warty that was trying to splatter you. Or dropping the bubble just before someone tried to hit you with a rocket at close range and watching them suicide. I know they can’t add equipment but they could in H5 and remove camo and pro vis. from the available loadouts now.
>
> Let’s talk more balance. The DMR… the BIG topic. Need a nerf? Need a bloom increase? I actually don’t think so. I think it needs to be an on map pickup only not a loadout weapon. Big team would be so much better if everyone couldn’t spawn with a mini sniper. And while I’m talking about weapon balance I may as well mention the plasma pistol and the boltshot.
> I’ll start with the PP. It ruins BTB. No vehicle is safe when everyone can spawn with it. I even have a specific loadout for BTB and it will always have a PP. It also needs to be an on map pickup.
> Now the boltshot. I have no problem with the gun itself but once again feel it needs to be an on map pickup. To many people combine it with pro vis and camo and just camp.
>
> Now let’s move on to personal ordinance. I don’t know who thought this up but they should be fired. And so should everyone else who thought it was a good idea. There is nothing remotely fair about it. You can’t hand out random power weapons in regular games. In fiesta that’s fine but not team slayer/btb/ctf.
>
> This game had and has so much potential but it is sad it won’t be realized. Balance is all I want and I’m just guessing that’s what 75% of the players who quit playing this game wanted too.

can we get this guy a job. name him the “nostalgia” coordinator, and everytime some bonehead at 343i wants to add something totally new and awesome to halo, he can just shut them down.