Is this coincidental?

Obviously we all should know the title of the next Halo which is Halo 5: Guardians.

I’ve heard a lot of people debate on who or what the guardians are. I just remembered hearing something about guardians in halo 4.

In the epilogue the Ur-Didact had his speech. Do you remember he said the following:

“We are Forerunners…GUARDIANS of all that exist. The roots of the galaxy have grown deep under our careful tending. Etc.”

Now this might not be fully what halo 5 is about but I thought this was a little coincidental. I think it would be cool if the did act came back with an army of original forerunners that fled the galaxy.

Other than that I heard that the Guardians might be a ONI Spartan program variant.

What do you think. I don’t know if this is mentioned in other threads. Haven’t been on in a while.

I don’t know about a new war against a forerunner army.
But that ONI spartan program name could be true.
Everytime I type “ONI” I instantly think of demons :stuck_out_tongue:

Well isn’t it a little coincidental that he even mentioned the word guardians? As far as I remember it isn’t a common used word in halo. Maybe it isn’t a new war with forerunners but I just think they will come back in some way.

> I think it would be cool if the did act came back with an army of original forerunners that fled the galaxy.

Though it’s obvious that the Didact will return in H5G, i doubt that there are enough forerunners left to create an army.
I do believe we’ll see some other forerunners beside the didact, but not an army.

I think the title is referring to the coming of Humanity obtaining the Mantle and we know what that means…

> > I think it would be cool if the did act came back with an army of original forerunners that fled the galaxy.
>
> Though it’s obvious that the Didact will return in H5G, i doubt that there are enough forerunners left to create an army.
> I do believe we’ll see some other forerunners beside the didact, but not an army.

Chakas still believes that Chant-To-Green (Librarian) still exists, so there may be that.

Why would any Forerunner help the Ur-Didact when they would have known he is insane and a gross violator of the Mantle himself?

> > I think it would be cool if the did act came back with an army of original forerunners that fled the galaxy.
>
> Though it’s obvious that the Didact will return in H5G, i doubt that there are enough forerunners left to create an army.
> I do believe we’ll see some other forerunners beside the didact, but not an army.

They’ve had 100,000+ years to repopulate, I don’t think there a endangered species anymore.

Also the Ur-Didact was really the only Forerunner with a hatred of humans. If Forerunners and humans meet again, I think we’ll get along.

> Chakas still believes that Chant-To-Green (Lifeshaper) still exists, so there may be that.

Lifeshaper is her tittle, Librarian is only the Librarian’s nickname. Chant doesn’t inherit that portion.

> I think the title is referring to the coming of Humanity obtaining the Mantle and we know what that means…

Boom. This. Touchdown.

>

The Didact’s speech at the end of Halo 4 seemed to indicate that there is some form of a Forerunner civilization in existence, likely in Path Kethona, so there could be plenty of Forerunners left alive.

However, given that they had the Ur-Didact on trial, I seriously doubt that they’d be hostile to humanity.

> > Chakas still believes that Chant-To-Green (Lifeshaper) still exists, so there may be that.
>
> Lifeshaper is her tittle, Librarian is only the Librarian’s nickname. Chant doesn’t inherit that portion.

The Librarian passed the title of Lifeshaper on to Chant-To-Green.

The Librarian died on Earth.
Chakas said he knew where the Lifeshaper was. That implies he is going after Chant, and may or may not know the Lifeshaper is no longer the Librarian.

I’d like to see Humans and Forerunner team up to fight the Flood, that would be amazing

Everyone is talking Human Forerunner alliance…how about turn the tide and do a flood/human alliance? We saw some of that in H3. The books even hint at humanity being immune to the flood. Can’t wait for Halo 5!

> Everyone is talking Human Forerunner alliance…how about turn the tide and do a flood/human alliance? We saw some of that in H3. The books even hint at humanity being immune to the flood. Can’t wait for Halo 5!

Becuase the Flood doesn’t make alliances except when it’s convenient for them. Their goal is universe-wide biological unity. That will always be their endgame, and nothing will change that.

Humanity is not immune to anything, I’m afraid.

Well 343i have built up quite a reputation of being ‘the masters of foreshadowing’ so i’d say that the Didact saying ‘Guardians’ in the epilogue is probably a clue as to what the next game will be about. Hence, the reason it is now called ‘Halo 5: Guardians’. I doubt it has anything to do with the Forerunners though.

> > Everyone is talking Human Forerunner alliance…how about turn the tide and do a flood/human alliance? We saw some of that in H3. The books even hint at humanity being immune to the flood. Can’t wait for Halo 5!
>
> Becuase the Flood don’t make alliances except when it’s convenient for them. Their goal is universe-wide biological unity. That will always be their endgame, and nothing will change that.
>
> Humanity is not immune to anything, I’m afraid.

Well if the Forerunners try to activate the smaller 12 rings then that would threaten them.

And humanity may find a cure again thanks to the books.

> > > Everyone is talking Human Forerunner alliance…how about turn the tide and do a flood/human alliance? We saw some of that in H3. The books even hint at humanity being immune to the flood. Can’t wait for Halo 5!
> >
> > Becuase the Flood don’t make alliances except when it’s convenient for them. Their goal is universe-wide biological unity. That will always be their endgame, and nothing will change that.
> >
> > Humanity is not immune to anything, I’m afraid.
>
> Well if the Forerunners try to activate the smaller 12 rings then that would threaten them.
>
> And humanity may find a cure again thanks to the books.

There aren’t 12 Halo rings anymore, they’ve been reduced to the six currently still in existence, minus Installation 04 as it was destroyed of course. There is no reason for the Forerunners to wage war against humanity again. Something tells me you haven’t read the rest of the Forerunner trilogy as the second one puts a serious dent in the notion of a Flood cure existing.

> Well if the Forerunners try to activate the smaller 12 rings then that would threaten them.
>
> And humanity may find a cure again thanks to the books.

The Flood are extra-galactic. They can avoid the Halo Array if they want.

You can’t rediscover what never existed in the first place.

Double post