Is this "alternate ending" legit?

I jumped over to http://haloeastereggs.net to show my friend the data pads info and saw this little post that I haven’t seen before.

http://www.haloeastereggs.net/egg/pillar-autumn-alternate-cinematic

Thoughts? Confirmation? Debunking?

Oh Look, Machinima.

No my friend, that is not a Alternate Ending and I’m shocked how many people think it is. That is what we call Adobe After Effects.

The Director who made this is a Machinima Director who is also the one that directed the Halo: Legacy Machinima, The Inhuman Complex.

He’s a Machinima Director. He used After Effects to create it. He hates me because I tell people this >:D

It’s not legit. Believe none who will tell you otherwise. I’ve seen this video before and it just screams “EDIT!”.

Reach doesn’t have an alternative ending. What you see is what you get. Reach falls, most of Noble Team dies (sans Jun) and…i have yet to try out a Moa burger. If only i didn’t take that arrow to the knee, guess you could say i was an adventurer like you once. Ah those were the good old days…

Well that is sad.

I had accepted the fact there is no Legendary ending.

It really shouldn’t be on a site dedicated to Halo secrets.

Thanks for the info.

Hey dudes! I will try it later this day, if its legit, I will take lots of pictures and let you know!
(worth the try I dont know, looks pretty legit to me)

> Hey dudes! I will try it later this day, if its legit, I will take lots of pictures and let you know!
> (worth the try I dont know, looks pretty legit to me)

Please read thread before wasting your time.

Whoa, hold up a sec. I’m pretty sure that alternate ending IS in the game. Just choose not to shoot down the Covenant Cruiser when Keyes is screaming to hurry and that scene will appear eventually. I did it myself just a few weeks ago.

> Whoa, hold up a sec. I’m pretty sure that alternate ending IS in the game. Just choose not to shoot down the Covenant Cruiser when Keyes is screaming to hurry and that scene will appear eventually. I did it myself just a few weeks ago.

The screen simply goes white and you are reverted to your last checkpoint, nothing more, no special cutscene.

Not like Halo CE were if you didn’t make it out of the Pillar in time, you saw it blowing up.

If you have to ask, the answer is probably no.

In this case: still no.