Is this a sign?

“Halo will becoming things that are tried and true…”

An interview with Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft Studios

Does this mean that the next Halo is going to stick to its formula, and what they know work?

> “Halo will becoming things that are tried and true…”
>
> An interview with Phil Spencer, head of Microsoft Studios
>
> Does this mean that the next Halo is going to stick to its formula, and what they know work?

That depends on what their interpretation if “Tried and true” is. Im willing to
bet its a bit different from what many think.

I wouldn’t put stock in that yet. Pretty sure we were told similar things with Halo 4.

I think you misheard.

He was talking in context of supporting the xbox platform with both new and existing IP’s and in reference to existing IP’s, I heard him say: “Halo will be coming,[and other] things that are tried and true”. I don’t think any suggestion what made about the direction of future Halo games.

> I think you misheard.
>
> He was talking in context of supporting the xbox platform with both new and existing IP’s and in reference to existing IP’s, I heard him say: “Halo will be coming,[and other] things that are tried and true”. I don’t think any suggestion what made about the direction of future Halo games.

Yeah, now that I Think about it this seems more likely.

of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them

> I think you misheard.
>
> He was talking in context of supporting the xbox platform with both new and existing IP’s and in reference to existing IP’s, I heard him say: “Halo will be coming,[and other] things that are tried and true”. I don’t think any suggestion what made about the direction of future Halo games.

What this guy said.

I want Halo to return to its arena shooter roots just as much as you do but this is not evidence.

> of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them

Pure conjecture. Not only that, but I’m pretty sure the “angry, vocal” majority disagrees with your assessment. Almost all of us wants Halo to truly go back to its roots and build up on the 2/3 models, while possibly throwing in some of Reach’s and maybe even CE. 2/3’s were the most popular, so it’s obvious to try to base a model after something that’s worked.

> > of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them
>
> Pure conjecture. Not only that, but I’m pretty sure the “angry, vocal” majority disagrees with your assessment. <mark>Almost all of us</mark> wants Halo to truly go back to its roots and build up on the 2/3 models, while possibly throwing in some of Reach’s and maybe even CE. 2/3’s were the most popular, so it’s obvious to try to base a model after something that’s worked.

I love how people assume that people left purely because of gameplay changes, like it has nothing to do with the fact that halo 2/3 had very little competition, or halo 3s huge marketing budget. I’m not saying you’re wrong about the direction halo should take, but you people need to stop throwing up these -Yoinking!- numbers and making some arbitrary assertion about why they look that way, unless you have some mass marketing degree we should know about?

> > > of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them
> >
> > Pure conjecture. Not only that, but I’m pretty sure the “angry, vocal” majority disagrees with your assessment. <mark>Almost all of us</mark> wants Halo to truly go back to its roots and build up on the 2/3 models, while possibly throwing in some of Reach’s and maybe even CE. 2/3’s were the most popular, so it’s obvious to try to base a model after something that’s worked.
>
> I love how people assume that people left purely because of gameplay changes, like it has nothing to do with the <mark>fact that halo 2/3 had very little competition</mark>, or halo 3s huge marketing budget. I’m not saying you’re wrong about the direction halo should take, but you people need to stop throwing up these -Yoinking!- numbers and making some arbitrary assertion about why they look that way, unless you have some mass marketing degree we should know about?

Maybe not Halo 2, but Halo 3 had a lot of competition. I understand the frustration when dealing with people who parrot one statistic over and over again, but all things considered, I think people leaving over a combination of gameplay changes and more competition is the reason.

Heres what I want, give the Halo 4 fans one playlist just for them with everything Halo 4 had and give them some kind of new objective gametype with maybe up to 64 players. For the other 90% of the playlists I want it to return to Halo 3 style multiplayer with maps that are inspired by midship and lockout and no sprint with weapons on the map. Everyone thinks that Halo 4 was completely broken and I do agree it was one of the most disappointing Halo games along with Reach, but we have to look at some of the positives of that game along with giving the core Halo games what we deserve.

They are not going to abandon what they have now that would just be dumb in my opinion i know that they can improve this and make this better they just need more time.

> They are not going to abandon what they have now that would just be dumb in my opinion i know that they can improve this and make this better they just need more time.

They’ve got 'till next year. Time doesn’t always fix things.

> > They are not going to abandon what they have now that would just be dumb in my opinion i know that they can improve this and make this better they just need more time.
>
> They’ve got 'till next year. Time doesn’t always fix things.

True , we can always hope :wink:

> > > of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them
> >
> > Pure conjecture. Not only that, but I’m pretty sure the “angry, vocal” majority disagrees with your assessment. <mark>Almost all of us</mark> wants Halo to truly go back to its roots and build up on the 2/3 models, while possibly throwing in some of Reach’s and maybe even CE. 2/3’s were the most popular, so it’s obvious to try to base a model after something that’s worked.
>
> I love how people assume that people left purely because of gameplay changes, like it has nothing to do with the fact that halo 2/3 had very little competition, or halo 3s huge marketing budget. I’m not saying you’re wrong about the direction halo should take, but you people need to stop throwing up these -Yoinking!- numbers and making some arbitrary assertion about why they look that way, unless you have some mass marketing degree we should know about?

I throw these statistics around because it gives my rebuttals and arguments statistical and logical worth. Plus, I don’t even need a degree. I’m not trying to sound like an egomaniac, but I could do way better than what 343i has done to this point.

All I’m trying to say is is that the only way for Halo to be what it once was is to build up on gameplay that was used during its prime. 343i needs to use a model that worked—and not one that “that other game”—uses, along with other watered-down FPS’s that adopt “that” model. It’s ridiculous. If 343i/Microsoft actually believed that they would have gotten “that other game’s” player-base, they should have done their homework because stuff like that never works. Look at all the other MMOs that tried to copy WoW, and how badly they performed after trying to do so.

> > > > of course 343i is going to back track Halo X1 to the stone age of Halo and give the angry vocal forums majority just what they have been asking for and then the rest of the console gaming community will look onto Halo X1 with the same disdain and irreverence that was applied to Halo 4 because in their eyes Halo isn’t the standard bearer or the mold breaker and it never will be to them
> > >
> > > Pure conjecture. Not only that, but I’m pretty sure the “angry, vocal” majority disagrees with your assessment. <mark>Almost all of us</mark> wants Halo to truly go back to its roots and build up on the 2/3 models, while possibly throwing in some of Reach’s and maybe even CE. 2/3’s were the most popular, so it’s obvious to try to base a model after something that’s worked.
> >
> > I love how people assume that people left purely because of gameplay changes, like it has nothing to do with the <mark>fact that halo 2/3 had very little competition</mark>, or halo 3s huge marketing budget. I’m not saying you’re wrong about the direction halo should take, but you people need to stop throwing up these -Yoinking!- numbers and making some arbitrary assertion about why they look that way, unless you have some mass marketing degree we should know about?
>
> Maybe not Halo 2, but Halo 3 had a lot of competition. I understand the frustration when dealing with people who parrot one statistic over and over again, but all things considered, I think people leaving over a combination of gameplay changes and more competition is the reason.

What’s with the passive aggressiveness? If you’re tired of that statistic, I can bring up another one, and another one, etc. I’ll keep going if I have to.