Is this a make or break week for SO?

Is it?

if they go 3 consecutive weeks with reused environments will that turn you off to the whole thing or will you still be willing to give it a shot and stay faithful?

It’s pretty much gonna kill it for me if they do just copy and paste the other maps. But hey, I’ll still play them for the easy XP, challenges, and for times when I’m not playing with friends.

I’ll finish season one, regardless. I like the videos with story details, but am getting tired of playing repeat environments yes.

But I still like playing it, in the end.

The story is what drives me, will be a bit pissed if they reuse the environments, but it doesn’t really bother me.

I think you’re asking for to much. There’s no way they would be able to create unique environments for every single mission. Besides, I’ve found it interesting how they’re able to modify the base map to suite each mission.

> I’ll finish season one, regardless. I like the videos with story details, but am getting tired of playing repeat environments yes.

This.

But I expected this to pretty much happen. Spart Ops is supposed to be Firefight with a storyline.

Was very comfortable they were going to rehash environments.

Not liking it, but expected.

It will get kinda stale if they keep using the same maps over and over

nobody complained in CE when half of the levels were the same, just backwards and with different lighting.

I get the feeling that Disc 2 already has ALL the Spartan Ops (At least Season 1) already on there and they just unlock it. Actually, I’m pretty sure of it because when I was on a different 360, that never had Halo 4 played, it said please insert disc 2 (along with stuff about Spartan Ops) before playing. It seems they got lazy at the start, hopefully it gets better. I HIGHLY doubt they are making these missions on the fly, that’s just absurd.

I expected reused environments so it won’t bother me.

Creating 5 brand new levels every week for 2 and a half months is way too much to ask of them. I would never want them to have to do that much work.

If you notice, each week, the Spartan Ops levels are actually changing the way they look. The levels are getting bigger with new areas opening up.

That’s good enough for me.

I’m indifferent to the re-use of specific environments; as long as it cooperates with the story line or is tweaked to fit in with that. I’m happy to follow along~ Plus it really is extremely easy EXP.

> I get the feeling that Disc 2 already has ALL the Spartan Ops (At least Season 1) already on there and they just unlock it. .

Yes, that is absolutely correct. That’s why you don’t have to download anything with each new Episode. Season 1 came with the game in its entirety, just locked out.

Future seasons will be DLC, I believe… Hoping they continue with it, that is.

I’ll still keep going with it; it just won’t be that awesome game extending experience it initially was. Me and my friend noticed as soon as SpOps 2 was up that it was just the same maps shuffled, which was disappointing considering the potential that is there.

Maybe not BRAND NEW maps Every week, but at least a selection of 5 maps out of say 10 or 15, just to make it interesting, “I wonder which maps will be in SpOps this week?” sort of thing :slight_smile:

I will still play it as I find it a laugh to play with my mates and you get some easy XP, although for some reason you get about 3k for playing with friends and 6k for playing with randies which is abit annoying but oh well, oh nd when i play with friends i play on ledgendary and online is heroic so surely you should get more for playing on ledgendary?

The easy XP is really the only reason to play.

Season 1, or at least the first half (five episodes) of it, are already on the disc, so that content is finished, meaning we’ll be seeing reused environments the next few weeks at least.

The worst part is that they are quite literally reused from the campaign…nothing is even moved around, and also there isn’t even a “new” set of reused maps each episode. We’re playing the same areas in Episode 2 that we played in Episode 1, which were themselves not even original.

Disappointing is a vast understatement.

> Is it?
>
> if they go 3 consecutive weeks with reused environments will that turn you off to the whole thing or will you still be willing to give it a shot and stay faithful?

Cute Username :slight_smile:

OT: Yeah, it’d put me off for paying for it

> Creating 5 brand new levels every week for 2 and a half months is way too much to ask of them. I would never want them to have to do that much work.

No it’s not. It’s what they get paid for and do for a living.

At least each episode doesn’t cost any extra money.

For now.

I’m far too invested into Halo to not play anything that’s related to the story…

im playing for the story fortunately, and for killing stuff, so im good.