Is this a good solution for jetpack?

So it’s a map pickup like equipment and they put it close to tall walls or tower type structures, and the jetpack only has like 30 seconds of fuel so you can use it until the fuel runs out and that way people can make a decision either to use it to gain an advantage over someone or to get over or onto something and use it for a limited time.

I think it should just be a quick jump jet thing just like the brutes had in halo 3 and I really don’t like the idea of it being equipment on the map, equipment should stay like it is something that doesn’t aid a players mobility or anything like that power drains and bubble shields ect are how equipment should be not jet packs

Jet Pack shouldn’t be in the game. I’ve thought about Jump Pack, but neither should it. Both give height/map advantage in a matter of seconds while everyone else has to fight/run their way up.

It just doesn’t overall work. Even as Equipment, it wouldn’t work (MLG tried this in Reach, and it really didn’t work). If you’re going to have Jet Pack as Equipment, then you should much rather have the Grav Lift instead.

> I think it should just be a quick jump jet thing just like the brutes had in halo 3 and I really don’t like the idea of it being equipment on the map, equipment should stay like it is something that doesn’t aid a players mobility or anything like that power drains and bubble shields ect are how equipment should be not jet packs

Having it as a map pickup is still a better alternative to spawning with it. Would you rather have everyone able to abuse the ability, or allow the few that could claim it to use it as effectively as they can before being killed and losing it?

As for jump packs, they don’t offer much control and so wouldn’t be as good for gameplay purposes. We’d see a lot more people accidentally overshooting and falling off the maps, and that makes people more wary of using the ability. If it seems like it could be detrimental to you, you would have less incentive to use it.

> Jet Pack shouldn’t be in the game. I’ve thought about Jump Pack, but neither should it. Both give height/map advantage in a matter of seconds while everyone else has to fight/run their way up.
>
> It just doesn’t overall work. Even as Equipment, it wouldn’t work (MLG tried this in Reach, and it really didn’t work). If you’re going to have Jet Pack as Equipment, then you should much rather have the Grav Lift instead.

There is little hope for jetpack’s removal, but I agree that a deployable gravity lift would be better for gameplay. After all, equipment in Halo 3 changed how the map worked, not how players worked. It didn’t matter who threw down a bubble shield or regen field, it would still have the opportunity to work for the enemy’s favor. Equipment needed to be used wisely, whereas it doesn’t have much of a risk for someone using jetpack to benefit his attacker/target. A gravity lift would be more tactical and maps could be centered around being able to elevate players through this maneuver, but only in situations where it would be allowed ( if not wanted, 343i could elevate the platforms above how high the grav lift could propel them.

Another idea (for a spiritual successor to the Trip Mine and Power Drain) is the EMP Mine. Even as equipped as an AA, this could be a good addition to gameplay. A player can deploy it, wait for enemy vehicles/infantry to activate it (giving a similar effect to the Vertigo map bases), and watch as they would lose their shields and vehicles would be temporarily disabled. The catch is that its area of effect can also affect you and your teammates. It would be unable to begin its cool-down until either activated, destroyed, or simply expired.

Without it creating an actual explosion, players won’t be able to simply deploy it and hide until they manage to get an easy kill or two, then repeat the cycle. There would actually need to be direct engagement as well. This could become a tactical strategy where a team (aware of an enemy vehicle like a Mantis) lures the enemy into the EMP Mine, then as a team ambush the vulnerable juggernaut.

If it’s a map pick-up with a limited amount of fuel, I’d honestly be fine with it. Personally, I’d like to see it go completely but I’m willing to compromise.

I agree completely with your suggestion and I think that this is how the Jetpack should have been from the start.

I would also like to add that I think it should be a little more difficult to shoot accurately while using it, so that it is encouraged more as a means of getting to higher points on the map.

> I would also like to add that I think it should be a little more difficult to shoot accurately while using it, so that it is encouraged more as a means of getting to higher points on the map.

Yes, it should make your gun dissapear off screen while you fly so you can’t shoot.

> > I would also like to add that I think it should be a little more difficult to shoot accurately while using it, so that it is encouraged more as a means of getting to higher points on the map.
>
> Yes, it should make your gun dissapear off screen while you fly so you can’t shoot.

Maybe the newest iteration of the jetpack could be like the thruster in the sense that it switches to 3rd person and makes you vulnerable while in use?