Is this a glitch?

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/games/halo-5-guardians/xbox-one/screenshots?page=1&gamertag=Globex%20Silenced

Can somebody look at the most recent screenshot i’ve taken?
If you can find a halfway sane/true explanation for what my TOD was, i’ll play a match of super fiesta only using the weapons I spawn with.

If the link doesn’t work directly just copy & paste it into your browser, if that doesn’t work go to the general screenshot tab in the content browser, and enter Globex Silenced in the search box.

Link
It was likely a glitch. Getting killed by the Guardians is a bit of a grey zone in Halo 5. As I understand it it is some sort of kill barrier unlike the ones usually used. I believe this is also why the Sayonara medal is glitched. You have to shoot someone before they are “Killed by the Guardians” instead of just falling off the map. As for how you can kill someone like this I have no idea. I feel like I didn’t do the greatest job explaining the whole thing so here’s a quote from the Sayonara medal thread.

> Sayonara doesn’t work because the enemy has to be “killed by the Guardians” and you have to be awarded said kill for it to trigger the medal. However, no map uses those types of deaths in normal gameplay, but rather hard-coded killzones, so you cant get it by normal means.

Courtesy of Co2 OUTBR3AK

How many glitches did I break/do there?
Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?

> 2535450303471784;3:
> How many glitches did I break/do there?
> Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?

Yeah you may have shot them before they somehow glitched into a Guardians zone, or it may be completely unrelated and the TOD is just glitched.

> 2533274950162674;4:
> > 2535450303471784;3:
> > How many glitches did I break/do there?
> > Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?
>
> Yeah you may have shot them before they somehow glitched into a Guardians zone, or it may be completely unrelated and the TOD is just glitched.

Great. Now I have to do a super fiesta match with spawn weapons only.

> 2535450303471784;5:
> > 2533274950162674;4:
> > > 2535450303471784;3:
> > > How many glitches did I break/do there?
> > > Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?
> >
> > Yeah you may have shot them before they somehow glitched into a Guardians zone, or it may be completely unrelated and the TOD is just glitched.
>
> Great. Now I have to do a super fiesta match with spawn weapons only.

Bonus points if you somehow manage to get “Killed by the Guardians” as your tool of destruction again.

> 2533274950162674;6:
> > 2535450303471784;5:
> > > 2533274950162674;4:
> > > > 2535450303471784;3:
> > > > How many glitches did I break/do there?
> > > > Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?
> > >
> > > Yeah you may have shot them before they somehow glitched into a Guardians zone, or it may be completely unrelated and the TOD is just glitched.
> >
> > Great. Now I have to do a super fiesta match with spawn weapons only.
>
> Bonus points if you somehow manage to get “Killed by the Guardians” as your tool of destruction again.

Spawned with a bane 2nd spawn… literally got all the kills.

> 2533274950162674;4:
> > 2535450303471784;3:
> > How many glitches did I break/do there?
> > Because it was a round of warzone Firefight does that mean I got the kills off of the AI’s?
>
> Yeah you may have shot them before they somehow glitched into a Guardians zone, or it may be completely unrelated and the TOD is just glitched.

I took the liberty of watching the film and being it’s AI-related, you may never know. I tried looking for 4 times enemies could’ve been killed with specific exceptions, like damaging enemies that get auto-killed after rounds end, vehicles blowing up causing multiple kill registers. I noticed nothing out of the ordinary, however, I’m going to help try to limit down the causes to these:

-You were awarded kills for enemies or their vehicles exploding + the enemy in the vehicles after you had died. This may cause such confusion in the system.
-You may have been erroneously awarded guardian kills when you splattered 3 crawlers at once. I believe crawlers explode when killed and still do damage, so this may be a partial trigger cause as well.

You wouldn’t notice this very often, but almost everyone has guardian kills in this fashion. My guess is this: The only reason you may have seen it is because most of your kills happened in this way compared to the default weapons themselves. REQ weapons are “handed out” by the system, so gaining a kill after death with one could possibly institute a “Guardian kill” after you die since you didn’t pick the weapon up or the game default spawning you with it. Seeing as you’re extremely likely to get more than a few kills against AI with a given weapon, you would almost never see Guardian Kills as a TOD against AI, since you’d need to pretty much replicate getting kills after dying more than just a couple times.

Good luck reproducing that without doing it intentionally though. You really would have to try to have that happen again.

Thanks for the tag, Exenius

Ok so last night I tried reproducing this, pretty sure I upset a handful of players but couldn’t narrow down the results at all. I had to literally play full matches with only a couple kills to ensure I’d have the chance at Guardians being a TOD based off the OPs scenarios from his game.

In 6 Legendary Firefight games:

-I got grenade kills from the grave (after death) on a couple enemies. Not suicides. Those kills were the most kills of that type and only enemies I killed in such a way. Didn’t get Guardians as my TOD.

-I got REQ weapon kills from the grave (after death) on a couple enemies with a Rocket Launcher. Not suicides. Same stipulations as scenarios above. Didn’t get Guardians as my TOD.

So, that literally only leaves the viable options left being:

-Run over multiple enemies at once with a Mongoose, or

-Assassinate enemies.

If neither of these stipulations work, my only left guess is the map killed a few enemies when they may have breached a couple map reset zones (map kill zones that aren’t hard coded or placed kill zones). Sorry I couldn’t deduce it any further than that and don’t plan to attempt to anymore because those were the most mind-numbing 2 hours lol.

Glitches