Is there something wrong with the Melee attack?

I’m quite a up close and personal player most of the time, I don’t regularly even wait for my shields to recharge, I just keep on attacking and applying pressure.

However.

When I go head to head with people on a magnum duel, BR duel, or even an AR duel, I’ve always focused on outmaneuvering the opponent, and focusing on aiming better than them. A large portion of the duels I encounter, people are simply stepping forward, continuously. I think “Ok, I’ll let you focus on being a kamikaze, and I’ll strafe, and back away.”, Needless to say, their characters teleport 5 feet or so when they lunge in for an attack. I know it isn’t a thruster pack, I’d notice the animation.

I can only think of two things here.

Does the game apply some sort of melee assist, or is the pace your spartan backs up slower than walking forward?

Also, is there anyway to avoid this. It would be much better to land a kill than to walk forward and have to both die in a brawl.

Thanks.

The melee lunge is very long.

You seem to move slightly slower while backing up.

> 2533274909680099;3:
> You seem to move slightly slower while backing up.

Is there anyway to avoid the player advancing, then? I could always thruster pack, but that would make me lose if I don’t need to.

I always jump, thrust to side, jump and stabilize, i normally win, but lunge is strong in this game.

It’s idiotic to have such a mechanic, it’s a shooter game, and people are manipulating the faulty radar, and corners to get cheap kills with Melee. It’s abysmal to true gamers that don’t camp.

> 2533274889132764;4:
> > 2533274909680099;3:
> > You seem to move slightly slower while backing up.
>
>
> Is there anyway to avoid the player advancing, then? I could always thruster pack, but that would make me lose if I don’t need to.

There isn’t. It’s just one of the many bullcrap mechanics that carried over from past Halos. Except now it’s worse because of the faster base movement speed.

> 2535460843083983;7:
> > 2533274889132764;4:
> > > 2533274909680099;3:
> > > You seem to move slightly slower while backing up.
> >
> >
> > Is there anyway to avoid the player advancing, then? I could always thruster pack, but that would make me lose if I don’t need to.
>
>
> There isn’t. It’s just one of the many bullcrap mechanics that carried over from past Halos. Except now it’s worse because of the faster base movement speed.

I used to be able to avoid it, halo 5 is just so deadly against Melee, I always try to avoid it. I think I have zero ground pound kill, lmao.

> 2535460843083983;7:
> > 2533274889132764;4:
> > > 2533274909680099;3:
> > > You seem to move slightly slower while backing up.
> >
> >
> > Is there anyway to avoid the player advancing, then? I could always thruster pack, but that would make me lose if I don’t need to.
>
>
> There isn’t. It’s just one of the many bullcrap mechanics that carried over from past Halos. Except now it’s worse because of the faster base movement speed.

Dude melee was fine in other halos the lunge in this one is insanely long. Also you dont have to be looking at the person to lunge you can have a piece of the leg on the side of your screen and it lunges you to them. At least in h3 you had to be closer and have there whole body in view. Side note, side hits in h5 count as a assassination instead of a melee hit (which requires 2 hits) ridiculous right.

Ive had no problems with fisting or being fisted in this game. Just thrust hard and youll avoid being banged up too hard.

> 2533274847364210;10:
> Ive had no problems with fisting or being fisted in this game. Just thrust hard and youll avoid being banged up too hard.

really

> 2533274847364210;10:
> Ive had no problems with fisting or being fisted in this game. Just thrust hard and youll avoid being banged up too hard.

hmmm I think this is the wrong forum for those issues

I don’t think there’s more assist in melee in Halo 5 than Halo 3, Reach, or 4

I’ve noticed that, too. People like to teleport from 5 feet away to melee me.

Long lunge