Is there something wrong with Forge?

I was really excited for the upcoming Forge. I’ve been playing on the new BTB playlist and the Forge pieces look really weird. They look completely out of place in the world. It’s like they’re missing textures or something.

Some pieces are so black looking, you sometimes get the feeling you’re going to fall and die likes it’s out of bounds for the map.

If this is what the upcoming Forge is going to look like, I’m not very excited for it.

Anyone else think similar?

I don’t see the problem. It’s Forge. Build your maps and play them. It’s a functionality thing, not beauty. If you want to create a game/level with your own awesome textures, go make your own game.

Forge still serves its purpose with its lame -Yoink- textures.

> 2533274809541057;2:
> I don’t see the problem. It’s Forge. Build your maps and play them. It’s a functionality thing, not beauty. If you want to create a game/level with your own awesome textures, go make your own game.
>
> Forge still serves its purpose with its lame -Yoink- textures.

Except for people that like to make aesthetic and/ or detailed maps with a theme.

From what I’ve seen, this forge probably has the best textures anyway. The ability to change colours allow for covenant,forerunner and a variety of human aesthetic styles not previously possible in Reach or 4 or even H2A.

Honestly forge never has looked very great. Forge is more about shape than appearance though. If you are a good forger you can make any map look good without the need for color.
I agree about how dark the pieces are though, they should be much lighter because the lighting on this game is way off point.

> 2656587637345384;1:
> I was really excited for the upcoming Forge. I’ve been playing on the new BTB playlist and the Forge pieces look really weird. They look completely out of place in the world. It’s like they’re missing textures or something.
>
> Some pieces are so black looking, you sometimes get the feeling you’re going to fall and die likes it’s out of bounds for the map.
>
> If this is what the upcoming Forge is going to look like, I’m not very excited for it.
>
> Anyone else think similar?

You do know you can change the color to whatever your heart desires, right? You also get three different areas to do this to your hearts content.

They’re not missing textures, though. They’re plain by design. From what I can tell, this was done intentionally so that fusing objects (and techniques similar to this) wouldn’t have been so problematic

Hey OP, if you haven’t already seen it be sure to check out the blog post on Forge mode. It goes into details about all the new stuff we’ll be getting, including new objects and, as mentioned above, the ability to color objects with over 100 different colors:

> The new Forge loves color. Colors add a lot of personalization to levels so we built most of the Forge pieces to really maximize their color customization options on them.
>
> - Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary Colors – The vast majority of the Forge building pieces have tunable primary, secondary, and tertiary color change sections on them. This allows objects color variations from the blatantly oblivious to very subtle. Many also support changing the matte/metallic reflective properties of the color surface as well allowing for more visual variety from location to location. - 100+ Colors – We have more colors in Forge this time than most people had in their crayon boxes growing up; representing a wide range of shades and hues from across the whole color spectrum. - Reference Colors – Objects placed in the level generally pre-assigned come with colors that point to “reference colors” that are tunable in the options. Changing these colors in the map settings will immediately update the colors on all of the objects referencing them. It’s a great way to experiment with map coloring quickly and easily without having to edit a bunch of individual objects.

They honestly could have made all the textures completely flat, maybe use some interesting color designs etc and it would have looked better.

> 2533274813317074;6:
> Hey OP, if you haven’t already seen it be sure to check out the blog post on Forge mode. It goes into details about all the new stuff we’ll be getting, including new objects and, as mentioned above, the ability to color objects with over 100 different colors:
>
>
> > The new Forge loves color. Colors add a lot of personalization to levels so we built most of the Forge pieces to really maximize their color customization options on them.
> >
> > - Primary, Secondary, & Tertiary Colors – The vast majority of the Forge building pieces have tunable primary, secondary, and tertiary color change sections on them. This allows objects color variations from the blatantly oblivious to very subtle. Many also support changing the matte/metallic reflective properties of the color surface as well allowing for more visual variety from location to location.
> > - 100+ Colors – We have more colors in Forge this time than most people had in their crayon boxes growing up; representing a wide range of shades and hues from across the whole color spectrum.
> > - Reference Colors – Objects placed in the level generally pre-assigned come with colors that point to “reference colors” that are tunable in the options. Changing these colors in the map settings will immediately update the colors on all of the objects referencing them. It’s a great way to experiment with map coloring quickly and easily without having to edit a bunch of individual objects.

Didn’t 343 say something about looking into adding textures for objects in forge? Or am I thinking of something else.

> 2656587637345384;1:
> I was really excited for the upcoming Forge. I’ve been playing on the new BTB playlist and the Forge pieces look really weird. They look completely out of place in the world. It’s like they’re missing textures or something.
>
> Some pieces are so black looking, you sometimes get the feeling you’re going to fall and die likes it’s out of bounds for the map.
>
> If this is what the upcoming Forge is going to look like, I’m not very excited for it.
>
> Anyone else think similar?

The Forge system is currently being beta tested by the community (I mean this in a good way). I am guessing that they plan to add textures and keep making tweaks to the forge piece graphics as time progresses. Their main focus right now is to maintain 60fps in 1080p with 16-24 players. The more graphics and detail you add, the more the frame rate drops and the performance drops. Similar to what happens in the previous halo games that had forge. Some pieces were so detailed it would dramatically reduce the frame rate and cause massive lag and performance issues. They are trying to prevent that from happening and will slowly make adjustments before releasing forge to the public.

Yeah the forge i absolutely love, been looking at the new pieces in forge and everything and i love it… BUT like you said the forge pieces look… horrible! woulda much preffered it if they had taken the concrete ones from H2A, thats got the best looking forge pieces out of all the forges to date in my opinion, this forge has taken a massive step back with the textures… im hoping we have got 2 pallets or something like, Covenant, forerunner, UNSC, im hoping concrete will be in there etc, i mean its not the end of the world because like they said, theyll be adding stuff to forge anyway… so if enough people complain hopefully they will add in additional textures! But when you zoom out of the map its all nice like snow… and its looks amazing and everything and then suddenly its just a solid black block… and it sticks out like a sore thumb! Only other thing is on the snow map, i woulda liked it if they had done the trees so they had a snowy texture instead of having trees straight from the grass map… because they look a little stupid being green and brown with no white on them when everywhere else is snowy…

People asked for this. It they have been asking for it sense Reach. They don’t have textures because when you fuse textured pieces together the look terrible.