is there really only 3 levels as master chief?

Please tell me this is a joke that 343i told to everyone except me. Come on. Please. If so than i might just be playing multiplayer throuvhout the game. Master Chief deserves better and more

I’m sure some of the people are thinking the same (including me), but oh well, we can’t do anything about it, what we see is where we proceed.

Yes, there’s only three

You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.

> 2533274831928820;4:
> You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.

Some of us feel differently. Nothing wrong with adding a new character but THREE LEVELS. The chief is iconic to the series and I was legitimately interested in the story they were building for him. But nope here’s our new character Locke f*** you you’ll be playing as him now. As a halo fan I feel very dissapointed. It’s like they pulled a mgs2 you wanted to play as snake but instead you got raiden. Honestly I was interested in Locke as a character and the story and would be happy if it was at least closer to 50/50 a story about both of them. But no the master chief takes the back seat for 343’s new character. I am dropping the campaign as I have no further interest in playing it after finding this out. No thanks I regret spending my hard earned dollar on this game. I’ll be trading this in for whatever I can get back and putting it towards FO4.

Technically, yeah.

You play as Osiris on Meridian. But that’s broken up into like 3 or 4 missions. There’s Sangheilios. Same there. Broken up into 3 or 4 missions. And there’s going to be one with each section where you just sort of explore and talk to characters and gather clues and things (they’re pretty cool, actually).

The Blue Team missions aren’t broken up, they’re just lengthy solid stretches of gameplay that’s quite nice. So, you are playing more as Osiris, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that their missions are chopped up into smaller chunks for some reason whereas Blue Team’s aren’t.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> Technically, yeah.
>
> You play as Osiris on Meridian. But that’s broken up into like 3 or 4 missions. There’s Sangheilios. Same there. Broken up into 3 or 4 missions. And there’s going to be one with each section where you just sort of explore and talk to characters and gather clues and things (they’re pretty cool, actually).
>
> The Blue Team missions aren’t broken up, they’re just lengthy solid stretches of gameplay that’s quite nice. So, you are playing more as Osiris, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that their missions are chopped up into smaller chunks for some reason whereas Blue Team’s aren’t.

And Blue Team still seems like it got the best bits which is fine by me.

> 2533274883669557;6:
> Technically, yeah.
>
> You play as Osiris on Meridian. But that’s broken up into like 3 or 4 missions. There’s Sangheilios. Same there. Broken up into 3 or 4 missions. And there’s going to be one with each section where you just sort of explore and talk to characters and gather clues and things (they’re pretty cool, actually).
>
> The Blue Team missions aren’t broken up, they’re just lengthy solid stretches of gameplay that’s quite nice. So, you are playing more as Osiris, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that their missions are chopped up into smaller chunks for some reason whereas Blue Team’s aren’t.

Yea i found that the blue team missions were much longer than osiris missions. Plus some of the osiris missions talk about what the cheif is doing so its not as bad as people make it out to be.

> 2533274813071248;1:
> Please tell me this is a joke that 343i told to everyone except me. Come on. Please. If so than i might just be playing multiplayer throuvhout the game. Master Chief deserves better and more

Yes, Chief only has three missions, and yes Chief is iconic to the franchise, but the story works well anyways. By the way, what would you have done the entire time as Chief on Genesis? Walk around? I am not a huge fan of Locke but clearly this campaign flowed much smoother with all of those missions going the way they did. By the way, this is the Reclaimer Saga so Chief will be back for Halo 6 to finish the fight. It’s not a big deal so don’t make it…just enjoy :slight_smile:

> 2533274924272033;9:
> > 2533274813071248;1:
> > Please tell me this is a joke that 343i told to everyone except me. Come on. Please. If so than i might just be playing multiplayer throuvhout the game. Master Chief deserves better and more
>
>
> Yes, Chief only has three missions, and yes Chief is iconic to the franchise, but the story works well anyways. By the way, what would you have done the entire time as Chief on Genesis? Walk around? I am not a huge fan of Locke but clearly this campaign flowed much smoother with all of those missions going the way they did. By the way, this is the Reclaimer Saga so Chief will be back for Halo 6 to finish the fight. It’s not a big deal so don’t make it…just enjoy :slight_smile:

I could accept it more if I didn’t feel like I was mislead into thinking this was a 50/50 deal. Just dissapointed.

> 2533274897770070;10:
> > 2533274924272033;9:
> > > 2533274813071248;1:
> > > Please tell me this is a joke that 343i told to everyone except me. Come on. Please. If so than i might just be playing multiplayer throuvhout the game. Master Chief deserves better and more
> >
> >
> > Yes, Chief only has three missions, and yes Chief is iconic to the franchise, but the story works well anyways. By the way, what would you have done the entire time as Chief on Genesis? Walk around? I am not a huge fan of Locke but clearly this campaign flowed much smoother with all of those missions going the way they did. By the way, this is the Reclaimer Saga so Chief will be back for Halo 6 to finish the fight. It’s not a big deal so don’t make it…just enjoy :slight_smile:
>
>
> I could accept it more if I didn’t feel like I was mislead into thinking this was a 50/50 deal. Just dissapointed.

It was never made to be 50/50 and 343i never said it would be 50/50. Assumptions are the worst thing next to anticipations. I kind knew that Chief would take the back seat for a bit but this is still his trilogy. The lore is what’s important and with what we know now about Cortana spoiler and the Mantle of Responsibility makes it that much better when Halo 6 comes out.

> 2533274924272033;11:
> > 2533274897770070;10:
> > > 2533274924272033;9:
> > > > 2533274813071248;1:
> > > > Please tell me this is a joke that 343i told to everyone except me. Come on. Please. If so than i might just be playing multiplayer throuvhout the game. Master Chief deserves better and more
> > >
> > >
> > > Yes, Chief only has three missions, and yes Chief is iconic to the franchise, but the story works well anyways. By the way, what would you have done the entire time as Chief on Genesis? Walk around? I am not a huge fan of Locke but clearly this campaign flowed much smoother with all of those missions going the way they did. By the way, this is the Reclaimer Saga so Chief will be back for Halo 6 to finish the fight. It’s not a big deal so don’t make it…just enjoy :slight_smile:
> >
> >
> > I could accept it more if I didn’t feel like I was mislead into thinking this was a 50/50 deal. Just dissapointed.
>
>
> It was never made to be 50/50 and 343i never said it would be 50/50. Assumptions are the worst thing next to anticipations. I kind knew that Chief would take the back seat for a bit but this is still his trilogy. The lore is what’s important and with what we know now about Cortana spoiler and the Mantle of Responsibility makes it that much better when Halo 6 comes out.

Yea I thought it was gonna be from the look of the trailers. Oh well we all have our different opinions on this, personally this isn’t the halo game I wanted.

Lel im not even touching the story yet becauae of that. At least mp is fun

> 2533274897770070;5:
> > 2533274831928820;4:
> > You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.
>
>
> Some of us feel differently. Nothing wrong with adding a new character but THREE LEVELS. The chief is iconic to the series and I was legitimately interested in the story they were building for him. But nope here’s our new character Locke f*** you you’ll be playing as him now. As a halo fan I feel very dissapointed. It’s like they pulled a mgs2 you wanted to play as snake but instead you got raiden. Honestly I was interested in Locke as a character and the story and would be happy if it was at least closer to 50/50 a story about both of them. But no the master chief takes the back seat for 343’s new character. I am dropping the campaign as I have no further interest in playing it after finding this out. No thanks I regret spending my hard earned dollar on this game. I’ll be trading this in for whatever I can get back and putting it towards FO4.

Okay okay, you’re dropping the campaign because there isn’t enough Chief. Cool. BUT THE WHOLE GAME? That’s going overboard, isnt it?

> 2533274831928820;4:
> You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.

Dude im sick of people like this. The fact that we play as him throughout all the halo’s should mean we should he able to use him again.

> 2533274813071248;15:
> > 2533274831928820;4:
> > You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.
>
>
> Dude im sick of people like this. The fact that we play as him throughout all the halo’s should mean we should he able to use him again.

You do…You use Blue Team for 3 30-45 minute long missions.

> 2533274831928820;14:
> > 2533274897770070;5:
> > > 2533274831928820;4:
> > > You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.
> >
> >
> > Some of us feel differently. Nothing wrong with adding a new character but THREE LEVELS. The chief is iconic to the series and I was legitimately interested in the story they were building for him. But nope here’s our new character Locke f*** you you’ll be playing as him now. As a halo fan I feel very dissapointed. It’s like they pulled a mgs2 you wanted to play as snake but instead you got raiden. Honestly I was interested in Locke as a character and the story and would be happy if it was at least closer to 50/50 a story about both of them. But no the master chief takes the back seat for 343’s new character. I am dropping the campaign as I have no further interest in playing it after finding this out. No thanks I regret spending my hard earned dollar on this game. I’ll be trading this in for whatever I can get back and putting it towards FO4.
>
>
> Okay okay, you’re dropping the campaign because there isn’t enough Chief. Cool. BUT THE WHOLE GAME? That’s going overboard, isnt it?

Maybe to you. We all have our opinions. I’m on mission 4 and that means I have two missions to look forward to with the chief. I’m honestly sitting here trying to play it but I’m just disappointed I was worried Locke was going to be shoved down our throat and it happened. I enjoy single player stories more then multiplayer tbh so yes dropping the game makes sense. I’d rather put this money that I shouldn’t have spent but did because I love halo, towards a game I’ll enjoy like fallout. It sucks to because the gameplay is actually fun I like what they did on that front I just didn’t get the experience I wanted and as a consumer and a fan I’m going to get rid of it. Just my opinion.

> 2533274813071248;15:
> > 2533274831928820;4:
>
>
> Dude im sick of people like this. The fact that we play as him throughout all the halo’s should mean we should he able to use him ag
>
>
> > 2533274813071248;15:
> > > 2533274831928820;4:
> > > You’ve been playing as him through 1-4. What’s the problem with playing as ONE new character just this once? 3 levels or not, it shouldn’t make you want to drop the entire campaign.
> >
> >
> > Dude im sick of people like this. The fact that we play as him throughout all the halo’s should mean we should he able to use him again.
>
> I’m as disappointed as you, but dudes giving his opinion and asking a question he’s not being a d***, this is a discussion board. Some people are bound to like this game.

Yes, but in a way, it felt like I never missed that much of Chief anyways. Blue Team missions were pretty big. Also got to see them in cutscenes plenty. Felt like he never left. I enjoyed looking through Locke’s perspective. Besides, all you were going to get is more of Blue Team following John and him saying “keep moving.”

> 2533274821174589;19:
> Yes, but in a way, it felt like I never missed that much of Chief anyways. Blue Team missions were pretty big. Also got to see them in cutscenes plenty. Felt like he never left. I enjoyed looking through Locke’s perspective. Besides, all you were going to get is more of Blue Team following John and him saying “keep moving.”

One of the things I was excited about for 5 was what it looked like they were doing with the chief cortona helped him realize he’s not just a machine it looked like they were going to add character development, instead we got a new character. I don’t personally want to see the majority of the game through Locke’s eyes. I’d rather play as my favorite character the master chief.