Is there gonna be time travel in Infinite?

The name Infinite could suggest that there could be time travel or separate dimensions in this game.Maybe somehow possible through the Domain.What do you guys think?

Hope not. The time dilation from First Strike is about as far as I’d like to see this. Now, the Domain could offer a glimpse of the future for Chief, after all the Didact was said to have met the descendants of the Forerunners when he utilized the Domain once.

Ultimately though, I’d prefer no time travel or alternate dimensions. If Infinite stands for anything I hope it’s just that Halo has “infinite” directions the story could progress after the mess from Halo 5 is wiped away.

> 2533274812652989;2:
> Hope not. The time dilation from First Strike is about as far as I’d like to see this. Now, the Domain could offer a glimpse of the future for Chief, after all the Didact was said to have met the descendants of the Forerunners when he utilized the Domain once.
>
> Ultimately though, I’d prefer no time travel or alternate dimensions. If Infinite stands for anything I hope it’s just that Halo has “infinite” directions the story could progress after the mess from Halo 5 is wiped away.

What do you mean time dilation from First Strike? I read the book,but it was long ago😊

I sincerely hope there is no time travel. Alternate dimensions at the very most but I wouldn’t even like that.
Besides, I believe there is a wealth of things to still be explored AND expanded in the current Halo Universe without having to resort to time-travel and dimensions.

> 2533274951753761;3:
> > 2533274812652989;2:
> > Hope not. The time dilation from First Strike is about as far as I’d like to see this. Now, the Domain could offer a glimpse of the future for Chief, after all the Didact was said to have met the descendants of the Forerunners when he utilized the Domain once.
> >
> > Ultimately though, I’d prefer no time travel or alternate dimensions. If Infinite stands for anything I hope it’s just that Halo has “infinite” directions the story could progress after the mess from Halo 5 is wiped away.
>
> What do you mean time dilation from First Strike? I read the book,but it was long ago😊

The time dilation from First Strike is when they discovered a crystal artifact on reach. The artifact has an effect on slipspace travel causing a different radiation that even penetrates the mjölnir armor systems shields. Another effect is a slight effect on time. A few minutes of slipspace translates into about week in time but even Cortana couldn’t figure out why it had that effect. As far as the location of said crystal is unknown since it was blown up to save blue team. Fragments of the crystal are still probably in slipspace

I hope not, I generally don’t like time travel as a plot point. Usually just feels cheap to me.

I really hope not. Time travel as a whole is nothing but a big headache to try to wrap your head around. It’s also wayyy too difficult to pull off without looking like Swiss cheese from all the plot holes and paradoxes.

Time travel would be very risky, especially for halo which is relatively grounded in a more realistic science fiction.

It’s also not a very good trope to solve all the issues of a saga, and it’s used almost everywhere at some point.

I personally hope they don’t even bother to consider time travel of any kind. I want the story to flow forwards, and not backwards to fix the future.

I hope halo infinite doesn’t have time travel in it. It would just confuse players and new players as well.

I think time travel is just used to avoid dealing with the consequences of the story that previously took place. Though in Endgame I liked it, I don’t think Halo is the right universe to try it out

I’m getting so tired of the hypersaturation of time travel and multiversal elements in modern science fiction. It’s always intended to be something really novel, subversive, and interesting, but it’s been done to death so that any appealing element of it is immediately undermined by the downsides of these devices; namely, that implementing any sort of time travel or multiverse plot into your fiction essentially invalidates any sense of permanence, continuity, or meaningful consequence.

Time travel and multiverses make what should be good and interesting sci-fi into a convoluted mess of overlapping continuities and, in spite of the spectacular nature of these concepts, a bland and nebulous blob of “who cares, just go back in time/to a parallel universe”.

I’ll disclaim in no uncertain terms that this is all just my opinion, and I don’t claim to be an authority on any of these subjects. As a fan of science fiction, though, I’m personally beyond finished with these concepts, at least for the most part. Seeing them introduced into Halo on top of everything else would strike me as a very sad event. Even if I dislike much of the direction 343i has taken this series, maintaining continuity and consequence from the previous games is essential if they want us to believe in and/or care about any of their characters/events/etc.

I think it could be done in the form of an interactive flashback. Like a level where Master Chief enters a vision/simulation of past events by some sort of forerunner artifact which puts him in the first person of a forerunner or ancient human. Maybe he has full control of the character he’s inserted into as he’s being tested to see what he would’ve done in those shoes.

Alternatively, it could be a vision/simulation of a foreseen or theoretical future event.

> 2533274963937759;12:
> I think it could be done in the form of an interactive flashback. Like a level where Master Chief enters a vision/simulation of past events by some sort of forerunner artifact which puts him in the first person of a forerunner or ancient human. Maybe he has full control of the character he’s inserted into as he’s being tested to see what he would’ve done in those shoes.
>
> Alternatively, it could be a vision/simulation of a foreseen or theoretical future event.

I think there will be flashback scenes,maybe even gameplay.Because of what we saw in E3 2019,opening cutscene with Chief floating in space and Halo ring destroyed,I wanna see how that happened,eventually.

Time travel adds too many complications, and for a story like Halo which is still somewhat grounded for a space opera, it would make things messy. It’s different if time travel is a theme from the get-go, but it becomes quite difficult to suspend disbelief when it’s introduced later into a sci-fi story. Even Star Wars, which has the Force and all sorts of (what is essentially magical) abilities, they had to be quite strict when considering time travel in Star Wars: Rebels - Although arguably, even then, it’s not really time travel at all.
For a sci-fi, time travel should be introduced early on or not at all. Only in fantasy can they get away with introducing it later on, and it can only be done if it doesn’t break any existing rules in its fantasy universe. I guess the question then is, do you consider Halo fantasy or (and/or) science fiction?