Is there gonna be a 1v1 playlist?

Hey I’ve never really been on the forums much so I don’t know if people already talked about this. Do you guys think Halo 4 should have a 1v1 playlist? I think it would be -Yoinking!- rad. Give me thoughts.

We have no idea if there is.

I guess it would be pretty cool if there was one. But I just find it much more fun playing 1v1’s with my friends.

I understand that. But a ranked 1v1 playlist would be a lot more competitive.

> I understand that. But a ranked 1v1 playlist would be a lot more competitive.

I don’t have a problem with there being one. And I guess it would be fun to go on there once in a while.

Still, we have no idea what’s going to be included in War Games when it comes to playlists.

Problem is that in Halo more skilled player always wins. Quitting would be very usual.

i dont think quitting would be a usual problem if it was ranked.

> i dont think quitting would be a usual problem if it was ranked.

Well if you lose a rank when you quit it would solve the problem yes. :slight_smile:

Sounds boring I have played with my friends in 1vs.1 games before and played enough

I say yes merely to the fact being of two very strong reasons;

1. While I could care less about it, it would be good for those who WANT this, it’s something highly sought after in shooters. So it’s apart of the history now.

2. No more custom games for 1v1’s between players and having player’s say that the other cheated and made -Yoink- stats for himself or whatever…it would be fair, to the point, and so on.

=

Now for the reasons I think it’s NOT needed:

1. It’s an egotistical game type that would produce the worst of the community.

2. It’s a stupid way for others flaunt their ‘Oh So Important’ in-game stats.

3. It’s a pathetic excuse for those with nothing better to do than stat -Yoink!- and try to be the better player than everyone.

4. Promotes lone-wolf gamers instead of team-work like there should be in games.

5. Halo is, has, and always will be a team-based multi-player game. If your someone who’s anti-social enough not to contribute or be some annoying -Yoink- with a raging -Yoink!- for K/D and Win Ratio’s, then by all means, enjoy this pathetic excuse of a gametype…

…The players that actually work with others (paid and non-paid) will be over in the other corner laughing as you try to solo them (me included.)

(That last point was not directed at the OP or anyone in particular, just put it there for the sake of doing so.)

> I say yes merely to the fact being of two very strong reasons;
>
> 1. While I could care less about it, it would be good for those who WANT this, it’s something highly sought after in shooters. So it’s apart of the history now.
>
> 2. No more custom games for 1v1’s between players and having player’s say that the other cheated and made -Yoink!- stats for himself or whatever…it would be fair, to the point, and so on.

I see your points and raise you three facts.

-1v1 was in H2. It was removed.
-1v1 was in H3. It was removed.
-1v1 was not included in Reach.

1v1 isn’t coming back.

Its unlikely as 343i said the 2 maps we have seen are THE SMALLEST ones

And as seen in HALO 3 1v1 playlist well it just didn’t work

Maybe down the road when some smaller maps are forged .

Only time well tell

I doubt it will come back. It failed in Halo 2 and 3. Playing 1v1 on maps full with fusion coils in Halo 3’s Head to Head playlist was just awful.

Calm down bro. lol just because you’re not good at 1v1’s doesn’t mean its pathetic. :wink:

I’m indifferent. I don’t see why not, but I wouldn’t play it.

It’s doubtful. They haven’t held up well in the past, especially with player populations. My guess is, if you want to 1v1 somebody, you’ll need to do it yourself in customs. Doubles, however, have seemed to work out much better in the past.

You mean “Get One Kill and Hide The Rest of the Game?”

> You mean “Get One Kill and Hide The Rest of the Game?”

There are ways to counter this.

> > You mean “Get One Kill and Hide The Rest of the Game?”
>
> There are ways to counter this.

Such as? I really would like to know because this has been my experience in every 1v1 I’ve ever done.

> > > You mean “Get One Kill and Hide The Rest of the Game?”
> >
> > There are ways to counter this.
>
> Such as? I really would like to know because this has been my experience in every 1v1 I’ve ever done.

-First to 15 kills with no time limit.
-Thoroughly tested maps with no abusable hiding spots.

Yes. Only renamed Tournament. Here’s how it works. 16 or so players in a lobby. They are first matched 1v1. Then whoever wins fights the other winner. And so on until you have a winner. Winner gets a lot of XP. Game Over.