Is there going to be other playlists Arena style?

like ffa, bigteam, multiteam etc

I’d like to think there is! It’d make Halo all the more competitive due there actually being a skill based ranking that’s visible.

I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.

> 2533274882881665;3:
> I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.

Hope it’s not like that though. That kinda stuff just promotes stat padding. In social, it turns into good players matching with noobs. That’s how Reach went down. And although Reach was great fun, it was very easy to stat pad on things like Grifball and BTB.
With the skill based ranking, you can happily chuck two teams full of Onyx- and Gold-ranked guys from a said playlist at each other and play a really, really entertaining game.

> 2533274882454373;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.
>
>
> Hope it’s not like that though. That kinda stuff just promotes stat padding. In social, it turns into good players matching with noobs. That’s how Reach went down. And although Reach was great fun, it was very easy to stat pad on things like Grifball and BTB.
> With the skill based ranking, you can happily chuck two teams full of Onyx- and Gold-ranked guys from a said playlist at each other and play a really, really entertaining game.

i never really got that discussion, “it’s just social, leave out a ranking system”, yet they then complain about spawn killing. playlists like BTB and team slayer should be the prime candidates for a ranking system as they have the highest population and skill disparity, it would just make it happen less.

> 2533274836395701;5:
> > 2533274882454373;4:
> > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.
> >
> >
> > Hope it’s not like that though. That kinda stuff just promotes stat padding. In social, it turns into good players matching with noobs. That’s how Reach went down. And although Reach was great fun, it was very easy to stat pad on things like Grifball and BTB.
> > With the skill based ranking, you can happily chuck two teams full of Onyx- and Gold-ranked guys from a said playlist at each other and play a really, really entertaining game.
>
>
> i never really got that discussion, “it’s just social, leave out a ranking system”, yet they then complain about spawn killing. playlists like BTB and team slayer should be the prime candidates for a ranking system as they have the highest population and skill disparity, it would just make it happen less.

We both know this too well from our Reach days man from running Oceanic BTB lobbies! On that note, whenever you’re down for a game on halo 5, hit me up.

> 2533274882454373;6:
> > 2533274836395701;5:
> > > 2533274882454373;4:
> > > > 2533274882881665;3:
> > > > I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.
> > >
> > >
> > > Hope it’s not like that though. That kinda stuff just promotes stat padding. In social, it turns into good players matching with noobs. That’s how Reach went down. And although Reach was great fun, it was very easy to stat pad on things like Grifball and BTB.
> > > With the skill based ranking, you can happily chuck two teams full of Onyx- and Gold-ranked guys from a said playlist at each other and play a really, really entertaining game.
> >
> >
> > i never really got that discussion, “it’s just social, leave out a ranking system”, yet they then complain about spawn killing. playlists like BTB and team slayer should be the prime candidates for a ranking system as they have the highest population and skill disparity, it would just make it happen less.
>
>
> We both know this too well from our Reach days man from running Oceanic BTB lobbies! On that note, whenever you’re down for a game on halo 5, hit me up.

will do

> 2533274882454373;4:
> > 2533274882881665;3:
> > I think there will be two main competitive arena playlists (Team Slayer and eSports Rules) and several casual playlists (FFA, Multiteam, Team Objective etc). Just like old times.
>
>
> Hope it’s not like that though. That kinda stuff just promotes stat padding. In social, it turns into good players matching with noobs. That’s how Reach went down. And although Reach was great fun, it was very easy to stat pad on things like Grifball and BTB.
> With the skill based ranking, you can happily chuck two teams full of Onyx- and Gold-ranked guys from a said playlist at each other and play a really, really entertaining game.

i hope they do this have at main menu
campaign
matchmaking
forge
theater
when you pick matchmakingarena
war zone
customs
when you pick arena Ranked
Social
and make it where ranked and social stats are separated and combined too in different spot

What do you mean by Arena Style though? Mechanics are going to be the same across the board if that’s what you’re asking.

If you’re worried about requisitions and such, that’s for Warzone only.

How is ffa casual im a hardcore kid ffa is life

I’m assuming that a vast variety of the staple playlists we know and love will be with Arena mechanics.

> 2533274795233660;11:
> I’m assuming that a vast variety of the staple playlists we know and love will be with Arena mechanics.

I hope so cause warzone better not be a big team replacement, looks very unbalanced. how it was in the beta but big team style would play great I think.