Is there bloom?

I’ve been watching halo 4 videos carefully, but I can’t tell if there is any bloom like in halo reach. I hope not…

Well if you haven’t noticed bloom that must be a good sign because bloom is definitely in Halo 4

IS IT? I thought I heard during an RTX game that Bravo said there was no bloom or something like that. Or maybe that its there but not even close to the factor it was in reach. I must rewatch and rehear everything!! Bloom or no bloom though, this game is going to be amazing.

[deleted]

There should be.

There is bloom, but it doesn’t seem like it makes much of a difference. It only seems visual from what I can tell.

It is SLIGHTLY less than reach. EXCEPT ON WEAPONS LIKE THE STORM RIFLE AND SCATTERSHOT, where it is rather large spread and bloom.

> There should be.

why ?

I don’t give a **** if there is any visual anything in relation to bloom… I just want my gun to fire where I point it, or at least be in 100% control of my weapon at all times.
Random factors should never be purposely put into a competitive videogame.

I say no and that they went back to recoil but they made it visual because it happens so fast especially for automatic weapons where it’s almost instant.
Compared to Reach where it was much slower. But honestly I could care less because all my shots hit my target so I don’t understand what people are saying.

Bloom is on the DMR, but it is much smaller than Reach and resets faster, making it hard to use in CQC and also rewarding pacing at long range.

It is also on the Pistol, and it looks close to TU Reach bloom. Sadly the Pistol is also worthess now :frowning:

> > There should be.
>
> why ?

Because it allows kids who can’t aim and fire quickly to compete.

I believe there is still bloom on certain weapons, but definitely not the same bloom you remember from Reach. If TU Reach was unsing 85% bloom, then tihnk of Halo 4 as using something like 50% bloom where it resets fast enough now that you don’t have to worry about pacing your shots, but still enough to keep you from spamming that trigger and having your shots become wild and random.

> I believe there is still bloom on certain weapons, but definitely not the same bloom you remember from Reach. If TU Reach was unsing 85% bloom, then tihnk of Halo 4 as using something like 25% or 50% bloom where it resets fast enough now that you don’t have to worry about pacing your shots, but still enough to keep you from spamming that trigger and having your shots become wild and random.

Bad.

If you’ve seen any footage of the DMR, it shows that it’s barely noticeable at all. It will barely effect how you’re shooting, and I’m pretty sure you’ll be able to spam the DMR and still be rather accurate (at least at mid/close range). For longer shots, you may have to pace your shots a little more.

There is bloom on some weapons, but it’s very small.

> > I believe there is still bloom on certain weapons, but definitely not the same bloom you remember from Reach. If TU Reach was unsing 85% bloom, then tihnk of Halo 4 as using something like 25% or 50% bloom where it resets fast enough now that you don’t have to worry about pacing your shots, but still enough to keep you from spamming that trigger and having your shots become wild and random.
>
> Bad.

In Reach your shots became random if you didn’t pace your shots at the right intervals, now they will only become random if you spam your trigger just like the Halo 1 Magnum.

I don’t see how this is bad. If your shots become random then you only have yourself to blame for spamming that trigger. Also, very few weapons actually have this bloom.

> > > There should be.
> >
> > why ?
>
> Because it allows kids who can’t aim and fire quickly to compete.

Said kids should learn to aim instead of having their shots connect due to a pseudorandom-based crutch.

DMR has small amounts, and so does the Carbine and Magnum, but nothing else. Ironicially, the DMR and the Carbine are the best starting weapons in the E3 build.

First person SHOOTER

NOT

first person WAITER

Shotting quickly and accurately takes skill. Doing nothing, waiting, does not.

This isn’t even addressing the randomness in relation to bullet magnetism and such.