Is there bleedthrough?

Title says it all. I haven’t seen any of the gameplay, so I ask: Is there shield bleedthrough online?

There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.

Not sure if i like bleed through or not.

Can’t believe the above posts.

Bleedthrough is actually fair, seeing as someone’s damage dealt before meleeing should count in the kill…

You could hit 3 shots with the DMR, and then when you both melee, you’re on the same level. So unfair and gross to not have bleedthrough, it needed to come back.

> Can’t believe the above posts.
>
> Bleedthrough is actually fair, seeing as someone’s damage dealt before meleeing should count in the kill…
>
> You could hit 3 shots with the DMR, and then when you both melee, you’re on the same level. So unfair and gross to not have bleedthrough, it needed to come back.

I agree with you, and I was sad when they removed it from the TU playlists :confused:

Glad its back.

> There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.

Why? Bleedthrough is a very good game mechanic. How it is right now and always should be.

> Can’t believe the above posts.
>
> Bleedthrough is actually fair, seeing as someone’s damage dealt before meleeing should count in the kill…
>
> You could hit 3 shots with the DMR, and then when you both melee, you’re on the same level. So unfair and gross to not have bleedthrough, it needed to come back.

QFT

> > There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.
>
> Why? Bleedthrough is a very good game mechanic, how it is and should be.

Havn’t you played the MLG playlist?
2 shots and a melee kills, and the melee damage is set at 75%.
Bleedthrough is necessary but the melee needs to be nerfed alot.

> > > There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.
> >
> > Why? Bleedthrough is a very good game mechanic, how it is and should be.
>
> Havn’t you played the MLG playlist?
> 2 shots and a melee kills, and the melee damage is set at 75%.
> Bleedthrough is necessary but the melee needs to be nerfed alot.

It didn’t in Halo 3? It depends on the game and weapons, and obviously if the game has sprint or not. In Halo Reach you had shield and health, now, you only have shield again … and sprint. I think that to decrease the the lunge instead of making it take less damage is a better option right now - It would make the, close combat weapons less OP.

> > > > There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.
> > >
> > > Why? Bleedthrough is a very good game mechanic, how it is and should be.
> >
> > Havn’t you played the MLG playlist?
> > 2 shots and a melee kills, and the melee damage is set at 75%.
> > Bleedthrough is necessary but the melee needs to be nerfed alot.
>
> It didn’t in Halo 3? It depends on the game and weapons, and obviously if the game has sprint or not. In Halo Reach you had shield and health, now, you only have shield again … and sprint. I think that to decrease the the lunge instead of making it take less damage is a better option right now - It would make the, close combat weapons less OP.

H3 had 3 bursts and melee to kill. ( Still horribly OP in my opinion. )
Removing the lunge as you said would make the melee more balanced like in CE.
Another option to balance melee would to do it like in H2 where the damage was dynamic depending of your momentum.( Aerial melee does 125% melee etc. )

> > Can’t believe the above posts.
> >
> > Bleedthrough is actually fair, seeing as someone’s damage dealt before meleeing should count in the kill…
> >
> > You could hit 3 shots with the DMR, and then when you both melee, you’re on the same level. So unfair and gross to not have bleedthrough, it needed to come back.
>
> I agree with you, and I was sad when they removed it from the TU playlists :confused:
>
> Glad its back.

I’m glad they took it out of Reach. It just didn’t feel right.

> > > > > There is. I really wish there wasn’t. I hope they at least reduce the melee down to 50% or 75% for default.
> > > >
> > > > Why? Bleedthrough is a very good game mechanic, how it is and should be.
> > >
> > > Havn’t you played the MLG playlist?
> > > 2 shots and a melee kills, and the melee damage is set at 75%.
> > > Bleedthrough is necessary but the melee needs to be nerfed alot.
> >
> > It didn’t in Halo 3? It depends on the game and weapons, and obviously if the game has sprint or not. In Halo Reach you had shield and health, now, you only have shield again … and sprint. I think that to decrease the the lunge instead of making it take less damage is a better option right now - It would make the, close combat weapons less OP.
>
> H3 had 3 bursts and melee to kill. ( Still horribly OP in my opinion. )
> Removing the lunge as you said would make the melee more balanced like in CE.
> Another option to balance melee would to do it like in H2 where the damage was dynamic depending of your momentum.( Aerial melee does 125% melee etc. )

Depending the melee damage on momentum is a very bad idea since we have sprint … (I hate Sprint, and think it is excluding too many good game mechanics and putting in so many bad ones).

However, to be honest, I don’t really care since we now have bleedthrough. Some days, I wish the melee was lowered and others im glad it is 100%, because I got the kill. If I even buy Halo 4 I will be playing in playlists without sprint (Probably classic) where it isn’t difficult to avoid a melees anyway.

> Depending the melee damage on momentum is a very bad idea since we have sprint … (I hate Sprint, and think it is excluding too many good game mechanics and putting in so many bad ones).
>
> However, to be honest, I don’t really care since we now have bleedthrough. Some days, I wish the melee was lowered and others im glad it is 100%, because I got the kill. If I even buy Halo 4 I will be playing in playlists without sprint (Probably classic) where it isn’t difficult to avoid a melees anyway.

You’re right, dynamic melee is a bad idea for Halo 4. I forgot about sprint.
I guess I’ll meet you sometime in the sprintless playlists then. ( If there is any. )

it looks like there is, and it looks like its going to actually work simalair to halo 2 or 3, unlike in reach where it was incredibaly broken.

my views on bleed through is wrather simple, its all about balance, certain types should bleed through while others shouldn’t, this allow sfor greater sandbox flexibility because it will allows weapons to work better in there defined niches while staying individual.

i think being melee killed after 3 shots is unfair especially since theres defalt sprint. bleed through is needed . still melee aftera few AR shots like 5 or 6 is crazy.