IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO FOR UPSTREAM BANDWIDTH: WARNING?

Not sure if there is any settings I can adjust on my router/xbox. Speedtest.net has me at about 6 mb upload and 20 down just now, so I don’t think I need more bandwidth. Anyways, anyone have a fix/suggestion?

I think just about everyone has “warning” for their upstream bandwidth. It doesn’t affect your matchmaking (FF and campaign are different) so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

> I think just about everyone has “warning” for their upstream bandwidth. It doesn’t affect your matchmaking (FF and campaign are different) so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

I had it good for about a week or two, then back to warning.

> Not sure if there is any settings I can adjust on my router/xbox. Speedtest.net has me at about 6 mb upload and 20 down just now, so I don’t think I need more bandwidth. Anyways, anyone have a fix/suggestion?

6 mb upload is more than enough. It may say “warning” but there is nothing wrong with your end.

You should not receive a warning for 6Mb up… What it may be is your ping and/or # hops (which is related to ping, but can also have an effect on packet loss) Try pingtest.net, it too is by Ookla (the owners of speedtest.net)

don’t worry abot that somethimes I get medium on it but the cnx sucks later so I prefer on warning its strange but thats my case

There are a bunch of ways to reconfig a router to “optimize” a connection for the xbox but sadly none of them will ensure a green upstream status. I have tried at least 12 different configurations ranging from basic to very sophisticated. While the overall performance was better with certain configs, not one of them was able to defeat the red menace.

There are several theories out there as to why the upstream status is red for the majority. For instance, It’s the ISPs fault. They are intentionally throttling the upstream bandwidth for certain protocols. Basically, the ISPs are being stingy with bandwidth.

I would like to find out if there is a way to reset the bandwidth status, as if the console were new, and see what happens.

That’s pretty strange.

I have a 20 down, 0.5 up (crap right!!) and I’m green for my upstream bandwidth. The funny thing is that my firefight and campaign co-op experience is balls because my upload is so bad… but it still says i’m green.

My network status on reach says that my NAT type is “open” and my packet loss rate is “low/excellent” but my upstream bandwidth say "warning!"Can anyone help me please. I think this might be the issue of me not being able to play any matchmaking games.

> My network status on reach says that my NAT type is “open” and my packet loss rate is “low/excellent” but my upstream bandwidth say "warning!"Can anyone help me please. I think this might be the issue of me not being able to play any matchmaking games.

Well if you have realy slow upload it will say warning, so you are most likly going to have many Host games due to this. Allso Bungie is transfering their data to 343i so Halo Reach matchmaking is a bit slow at the moment

> My network status on reach says that my NAT type is “open” and my packet loss rate is “low/excellent” but my upstream bandwidth say "warning!"Can anyone help me please. I think this might be the issue of me not being able to play any matchmaking games.

The Network Status means little to nothing, I have a 10 D/L & 1 Upload, I still have the warning from when I had a 2 D/L and 0.2 Upload, ignore it and carry on playing, Matchmaking tries its best to match you up with players close to you for non-laggy games.

Currently cant join any matches, have a “Warning” for upstream bandwidth.

Connection’s 2 up, 12 down, and I’ve never had issues like this before.

> > Not sure if there is any settings I can adjust on my router/xbox. Speedtest.net has me at about 6 mb upload and 20 down just now, so I don’t think I need more bandwidth. Anyways, anyone have a fix/suggestion?
>
> 6 mb upload is more than enough. It may say “warning” but there is nothing wrong with your end.

Well its not good enough if he is host and players are 4000 miles away from him, but if it where to be locale players then yes its good.

Hey i just got my halo game fixed and when i turned my xbox on i went to halo and it won’t let me get into any match it says warning for bandwith even though i have full internet connection. help pleasssssssssseeeeeeeee

There’s several things you can do if you are experincing issues.

You can set up a reserved IP address for your XBox in your router. Basically you’re telling the router that every time it sees your XBox’s MAC address to give it the exact same IP address that you’ve defined for it every time.

You can then configure port forwarding for that IP address you have the router assigning the XBox. You set up port forwarding for all the TCP and UDP posrts that XBL uses. This will ensure you’re not getting delayed by any firmware firewall or anything else.

Depending on the router you can also give that IP address you set up high priority for the bandwidth, so if you have 6 smart phones, 3 laptops, and 2 PCs all connected at once your XBox will get priority and everybody else gets the scraps.

Consult your router manual and XBox.com for how to set all that up. XBox.com has a list of ports to forward for XBL and your router instructions will tell you how.

If you’re still having issues contact your ISP and ask them what your packet loss level is. speedtest.net will give you ping, and up and download speed, but it doesn’t tell you if you have packet loss.

I have 50MB Download and 1MB Upload and that is plenty of Upstream Bandwidth

My Upstream Bandwidth is GOOD most of the time but sometimes for some reason its AVAILABLE

> i have 50MB Download and 1MB Upload and that is plenty of upstream bandwidth
>
> my upstream bandwidth is GOOD most of the time but sometimes for some reason its AVAILABLE

Lol no 1mb up is bad realy bad. For all players even far away players to get a good quality connection the host need to have at least a connection that gives a ping lower then 100 realy far away. I bet your 1mb up is over 300 in ping for players say 3000-4000 miles away from you.

Guys, your upstream bandwidth may be AWESOME, but there are other factors that causes your upstream bandwidth rating to be lowered. Namely, your latency to other boxes (aka “ping”) can also cause a “not-so-green” rating.

My ISP at the moment is my University, and when speedtested on a ethernet line, resulted in 80 up and down. I still have an average rating because the ping varies.

> Guys, your upstream bandwidth may be AWESOME, but there are other factors that causes your upstream bandwidth rating to be lowered. Namely, your latency to other boxes (aka “ping”) can also cause a “not-so-green” rating.
>
>
> My ISP at the moment is my University, and when speedtested on a ethernet line, resulted in 80 up and down. I still have an average rating because the ping varies.

Dont forget that it’s a long term. I went from a 2 month Good 10 mb up and 12 in ping 50 miles away, to a Warning red, now i am at average. My old was 0.47 Mb up and ping was realy good, it was 15 at 50 miles away for a long time. Basicly it takes time for it to check your quality connection. So many players with awesome upload and ping does not get host due to Halo and it’s BS host history system.

lucky u