Is there any lore around visorless helmets?

Are any helmets described in Halo lore that are visorless? How do spartans see through them?

Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.

Try sites like http://www.halopedia.org/Halo_universe they could shed some light for you.

Well, there could be a few ways the Spartans see through the helmets.

• Camera/sensors on the exterior of the helmet - Transparent steel (UNSC has that technology as of 2553)
    Well… those are actually the main ways I can think of right now, and I’m a bit too tired to dive into it more right now.

> 2533274832934804;2:
> Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.

The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).

> 2535455771499455;5:
> > 2533274832934804;2:
> > Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.
>
>
> The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).

I’ve seen it, but the real question is has the tracer helmet seen me,… Or anything else for that matter.

> 2533274827767375;6:
> > 2535455771499455;5:
> > > 2533274832934804;2:
> > > Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.
> >
> >
> > The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).
>
>
> I’ve seen it, but the real question is has the tracer helmet seen me,… Or anything else for that matter.

Considering it has eight cameras on it, most likely its seen more than you have.
To answer the question about the obsession with visorless helmets; its a safety thing. Having the helmet be mostly solid titanium weave rather than having the front of it be a massive, much “softer” material makes the entire helmet much more resiliant (we saw what a punch from Locke did to Chief’s visor…)

> 2533274907200114;7:
> > 2533274827767375;6:
> > > 2535455771499455;5:
> > > > 2533274832934804;2:
> > > > Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.
> > >
> > >
> > > The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).
> >
> >
> > I’ve seen it, but the real question is has the tracer helmet seen me,… Or anything else for that matter.
>
>
> Considering it has eight cameras on it, most likely its seen more than you have.
> To answer the question about the obsession with visorless helmets; its a safety thing. Having the helmet be mostly solid titanium weave rather than having the front of it be a massive, much “softer” material makes the entire helmet much more resiliant (we saw what a punch from Locke did to Chief’s visor…)

It… It was a joke. See the helmet doesn’t have a visor, so the joke is that it’s blind. Cause it has no visor.

> 2533274827767375;8:
> > 2533274907200114;7:
> > > 2533274827767375;6:
> > > > 2535455771499455;5:
> > > > > 2533274832934804;2:
> > > > > Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).
> > >
> > >
> > > I’ve seen it, but the real question is has the tracer helmet seen me,… Or anything else for that matter.
> >
> >
> > Considering it has eight cameras on it, most likely its seen more than you have.
> > To answer the question about the obsession with visorless helmets; its a safety thing. Having the helmet be mostly solid titanium weave rather than having the front of it be a massive, much “softer” material makes the entire helmet much more resiliant (we saw what a punch from Locke did to Chief’s visor…)
>
>
> It… It was a joke. See the helmet doesn’t have a visor, so the joke is that it’s blind. Cause it has no visor.

Oh. Well crap.

> 2535455771499455;5:
> > 2533274832934804;2:
> > Well, in Reach Gungnir was unique in having no visor, but it did have a small visible camera lens mounted on its side. 343 seem to have fallen in love with visorless helmets and now they look less functional. I assume Spartans see out using a combination of sensors and hidden cameras.
>
>
> The visorless helmets just don’t make any sense anymore (have you seen the Tracer helmet shivers).

As mentioned before, removing glass and replacing it with armor has some serious advantages. Having giant neon visors is what doesn’t make sense.

> 2533274837720524;4:
> Well, there could be a few ways the Spartans see through the helmets.
>
>
>
> - Camera/sensors on the exterior of the helmet
> - Transparent steel (UNSC has that technology as of 2553)
> Well… those are actually the main ways I can think of right now, and I’m a bit too tired to dive into it more right now.

Transparant steel. Neat. so does it say that it is like one way mirrors or something?

> 2535455771499455;5:
> > 2533274832934804;2:
>
>

hahahahaha yeah that helmet is hidious

they do have visors but they are small and hard to find, just look harder

The visorless helmets all have a network of cameras and sensors, as pretty much everyone else has said.

> 2533274868062286;11:
> > 2533274837720524;4:
> > Well, there could be a few ways the Spartans see through the helmets.
> >
> >
> >
> > - Camera/sensors on the exterior of the helmet
> > - Transparent steel (UNSC has that technology as of 2553)
> > Well… those are actually the main ways I can think of right now, and I’m a bit too tired to dive into it more right now.
>
>
> Transparant steel. Neat. so does it say that it is like one way mirrors or something?

You’d have to ask the Huragok who made it. But considering he changed an entire section of the UNSC Port Stanley into a open section looking out into space and the ship itself stayed cloaked…probably.

> 2535437652903765;14:
> The visorless helmets all have a network of cameras and sensors, as pretty much everyone else has said.

This, it’s not that hard to get lol. Do you really think that helmets like Wetwork actually have visors like that?

Not that I know, and I despise them aesthetically.