Is there any confirmed news on the H5 engine?

I was just wondering what to expect from a visual and physics standpoint. Any news is appreciated. Thanks!

There hasn’t been anything about the new engine yet. All we know is that theres going to be one.

But it is safe to assume that this new engine will use DirectX 12.

Visually, I would expect Halo 5 to look stunning.

Physics wise, I would imagine classic Halo physics, But better.

Considering what they managed with Halo 4 visually, I’m expecting to be blown away.

It’ll give us the ability to run the game at 60frames per second.

If Halo:TMCC is any indicator, the game could be really big.

Other than that, nothing really. We’ll have to wait as we get closer to December 27 when the H5 beta opens to those who have Halo:TMCC.

> Considering what they managed with Halo 4 visually, I’m expecting to be blown away.

I’m still at a loss as to how they were able to pull that level of pure amazingness from the 360 xD

Other than that it’s designed specifically for the Xbox One and that it isn’t built directly off the engines of previous Halo games, which was the case for most of the other engines, we don’t know much.

I don’t think it has a public name but if i recall correctly 343i made this engine entirely.

> Considering what they managed with Halo 4 visually, I’m expecting to be blown away.

Honestly, I believe the spartan armor textures in Halo: Reach looked much more life-like. It was obvious that some assets like the armor textures had to be sacrificed in Halo 4 in order to make other things like draw distance and lighting better. Halo 4 was amazing in the graphics department nonetheless and I just know that Halo 5 will not disappoint in that regard.

> Other than that it’s designed specifically for the Xbox One and that it isn’t built directly off the engines of previous Halo games, which was the case for most of the other engines, we don’t know much.

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure I read a quote where they said they were tearing apart the H4 engine and using it. Can you provide a link for confirmation?

> There hasn’t been anything about the new engine yet. All we know is that theres going to be one.
>
> But it is safe to assume that this new engine will use DirectX 12.
>
> Visually, I would expect Halo 5 to look stunning.
>
> Physics wise, I would imagine classic Halo physics, But better.

DX12 is suppose to be out next year so I sure hope they are using that.

This is all we know about Halo 5’s engine:

> “Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

> > Considering what they managed with Halo 4 visually, I’m expecting to be blown away.
>
> I’m still at a loss as to how they were able to pull that level of pure amazingness from the 360 xD

The answer is obvious, my friend. Space Magic!

Well, judging from the Master Chief Collection graphics as shown here: http://www.ign.com/images/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-20018413?page=1
I’d say Halo 5’s graphics, using the most professional terms possible, will be a buttload of awesomesauce. Seriously, have you seen how sgt. Johnson and Lord Hood look? They look so real! Also the Arbiter’s remade look is incredibly fearsome, not some cartoony attempt at making a fearsome alien from a war-loving species.

> If Halo:TMCC is any indicator, the game could be really big.

Better damn well. Blu Ray can hold massive amounts of data, fill it up!

Plus I would prefer they back the graphics off if it means keeping a STABLE 60 FPS. Stability should be the number 1 concern, not making things look pretty. After all Halo CE looks great when you get it to 1080p. I’ve seen too many games go under the 60 FPS moniker only to up the graphics to the point where it hits 60 FPS maybe 10% of the time. cough Gran Turismo 5/6 cough

> Well, judging from the Master Chief Collection graphics as shown here: http://www.ign.com/images/games/halo-the-master-chief-collection-xbox-one-20018413?page=1
> I’d say Halo 5’s graphics, using the most professional terms possible, will be a buttload of awesomesauce. Seriously, have you seen how sgt. Johnson and Lord Hood look? They look so real! Also the Arbiter’s remade look is incredibly fearsome, not some cartoony attempt at making a fearsome alien from a war-loving species.

What do the CGI remakes of the cut scenes have to do with the new engine at all? You must be horribly mistaken if you think those are done on 343’s engine’s tech.

They render those frame by frame (taking hours per frame no doubt) and they are probably doing it at 24- 30 frames per second. (guesstimation)
In fact they’re not even done by 343 but a different studio so I don’t see your point.

> This is all we know about Halo 5’s engine:
>
>
> > “Halo 5: Guardians” is a bigger effort than “Halo 4.” That applies to the content and scope of the game, as well as the technology in what’s now a brand new and more powerful engine. Certainly there are some core elements carried over from prior games, but we’ve invested a huge effort in retooling our tech to take full advantage of the Xbox One’s hardware and ecosystem to create worlds and experiences worthy of next-gen.

TY